Bills should let Tyrod go and sign EJ to a one year deal.

By letting Tyrod go and resigning EJ Manuel and starting him ALL of 2017 you guarantee the Bills to have a top five pick in 2018 draft. And if they let most of their older FA players go it even makes the odds even better. Than when the Bills finish 3-13 they can draft the franchise QB that WGR and all experts are dreaming about. That is if that QB pans out.

No. EJ will somehow manage to win 9 games and we will sign him to an extension and then go 7-9 for the next 3 years.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By letting Tyrod go and resigning EJ Manuel and starting him ALL of 2017 you guarantee the Bills to have a top five pick in 2018 draft. And if they let most of their older FA players go it even makes the odds even better. Than when the Bills finish 3-13 they can draft the franchise QB that WGR and all experts are dreaming about. That is if that QB pans out.

You sir are either an imbecile or you're trying to !@#$ with all of us. Either way, it's not funny.

Why?

Doug Whaley seems to think that we had a playoff caliber roster that was only being held back by the former head coach and his brother.

Whaley must be insane. We have no Wrs other then Sammy our LB'S and secondary is below average. Heading into 2017 we have 28 free agents ntm only 30mil in cap space. So where is the playoff team he speaks of.

No. Enough losing seasons. Tanking is a good idea until you realize all it does is create a loser mentality, which is already a mentality we have. We need to get rid of that mentality, not reinforce it. I want to make the playoffs. Make it happen.

I agree...The Browns have tanked multiple times and they have not been able to come out of the tank job. I would rather hope that we get lucky like Dallas did in the last draft. We need a coach who will deliver.

I don't think I could tolerate watching another game with EJ as our starter much less an entire season

My personal favorite EJ blunder was a play where he rolled out and Clay was running parallel with him about 5 yards away with no visible defender and EJ pumped twice and then threw it into the ground.

That has been replaced by that horrendous throw to Clay wide open in the end zone vs the Jets.

I have definitely seen enough.

Three things:

Being a Bills fan, and follower of the Sabres and 76ers, I will say this: years of concerted tanking does not let you decide when to snap back and start being good. It's been two years since the Sabres took Eichel and they are still nowhere near close to really contending. The Sixers tanked for three years straight, and might have finally got a solid core, but they are at least another year away from even competing for a playoff spot.

Second, the only reason to tank in the NFL is if there is a QB you are absolutely in love with, and that is a major throw of the dice.

Three, with our contract situations, this is the wrong year to tank. Dareus, Hughes, Clay and McCoy all either subtract cap space or give you next to nothing if cut this year. If you are going to do it, wait until 2018 when you can get something for all of them, plus get rid of Incognito because his contract will be almost up. I don't like tanking any year, but the money makes this year a bad one.

Tell that to Season Ticket holders, who pony up thousands of dollars to support the team.

Yep. The guys who sit home and turn the TV off when the game isn't going their way have no problem telling the Bills to tank a season.

Hate to break it to them, but there are tens of thousands of people who pony up anywhere from $500-10,000 or more each year to watch that team try to WIN games at home. Tanking is for losers.

When you Tank you are intentionally screwing the people who pay big money to come to your games. It isn't just unethical. It is also stupid because you can't guarantee you will be any better after tanking.

The traits an organization needs to possess to build a winning team are the same whether you finished the previous season undefeated or 0-16 - the exact same. No matter where you start from, you still have to be able to spot and also develop talent. There is zero reason why the Bills need to tank first in order to do that.

I have 2 questions

1. How is this thread 4 pages long

2. How did it even get started.

Clearly no one wants the Bills to stick with EJ. This site needs a better filter on what threads are allowed. 4 pages of "that concept is fooking crazy" clearly shows that there are better topics to discuss. Can we have one on how we can improve the defense?

I have 2 questions

Clearly no one wants the Bills to stick with EJ. This site needs a better filter on what threads are allowed. 4 pages of "that concept is fooking crazy" clearly shows that there are better topics to discuss. Can we have one on how we can improve the defense?

There isn't much to talk about right now is there? So - you get what you get. Start a new thread if you want a new discussion.

Somebody please confiscate this guy's drug stash... :doh:

We're trying to go forward NOT that far backwards.

I have 2 questions

That seems to be hyperbole. EJ was ruined by Marrone and just needs a new coaching regime to finally realize his upside.

So your goal is to keep losing?