Pegulas reportedly expressed remorse for benching Taylor

YoloinOhio

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like they don't think they should have told him to bench him. But rather that they should have given the decision to Lynn. Sounds to me like Lynn not happy with the decision made for week 17.

I don't read much into it for what it means next year. If they aren't keeping taylor and lynn is offered and wants the job,he will have to accept that. Unless he truly has a say in the decision.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Winning that game does nothing to help the team, but there were several things that could help the team by benching him. So benching him was absolutely the right decision. He had a groin injury. They needed to evaluate EJ. The game was essentially a preseason game. The only reason to play him is if he was within reach of meeting some performance-based bonus. If Lynn or Tyrod can't understand that, then i'm not sure what it says about them.

Jones is not exposed. He is still developing. Of course EJ is completely developed if not over exposed.

Way to early to make the call on Cardale.

Cardale's going to be the starter next year. I guarantee it.

They're just mad they can't sell him as "Tyrod II" now since he looked like trash in the final game.

I saw a guy that decides a covered WR is open in Jones.

Winning that game does nothing to help the team, but there were several things that could help the team by benching him. So benching him was absolutely the right decision. He had a groin injury. They needed to evaluate EJ. The game was essentially a preseason game. The only reason to play him is if he was within reach of meeting some performance-based bonus. If Lynn or Tyrod can't understand that, then i'm not sure what it says about them.

Agree.....except. I think Lynn just wanted to win. As it is he needs to win one to be .500 now

Sounds like they don't think they should have told him to bench him. But rather that they should have given the decision to Lynn. Sounds to me like Lynn not happy with the decision made for week 17.

I don't read much into it for what it means next year. If they aren't keeping taylor and lynn is offered and wants the job,he will have to accept that. Unless he truly has a say in the decision.

It shouldn't have been lynns decision there.

Though I think Lynn should agree with it if we are to seriously consider him

AL gets his first crack at head coach and they took away his QB and saddled him with a guy who is extremely limited. The Pegula's have done the right thing in expressing remorse to AL. They basically stuck him with an embarrassing loss on his resume. That being said, They can finally cut the cord on EJ thanks to that performance and they get a better draft position. It's past history, move on. I'd be perfectly fine with an Lynn/ Gus Bradley coaching ticket and retaining Tyrod as QB in 2017. No reason they can't still draft a QB and develop Cardale simultaneously

Groin surgery is bs then ?

Fake Instagram pic ?

The staff indicated TT could have played the Jets game and would have if it mattered towards a playoff berth. Surgery is cleaning up a lingering issue that would not have shelved Tyrod for week 17.

AL gets his first crack at head coach and they took away his QB and saddled him with a guy who is extremely limited. The Pegula's have done the right thing in expressing remorse to AL. They basically stuck him with an embarrassing loss on his resume. That being said, They can finally cut the cord on EJ thanks to that performance and they get a better draft position. It's past history, move on. I'd be perfectly fine with an Lynn/ Gus Bradley coaching ticket and retaining Tyrod as QB in 2017. No reason they can't still draft a QB and develop Cardale simultaneously

I agree, well stated.

Remorse? That's a poor choice of words. Who the heck wrote that?

Seems like a proper choice of words. They made a decision for him that he wouldn't have made and now they are being painted by some as meddling owners and there may have been repercussions for Lynn's bid to be a HC as well.