Schefter says decision is made - Tyrod is gone

Virgil

Now schefter is saying that the bills are showing remorse over benching TT and he could stay depending on Lynn or whoever gets the job.

Also looks like the amount of people interested in Lynn was fabricated. Down to 3-4 from the original 5-6 teams

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now schefter is saying that the bills are showing remorse over benching TT and he could stay depending on Lynn or whoever gets the job.

Also looks like the amount of people interested in Lynn was fabricated. Down to 3-4 from the original 5-6 teams

It could be his agent was leaking these rumors to get the Bills to pull the trigger quickly. When the Bills hired Marrone there were similar leaks about how Marrone was being pursued by everyone as well.

Tim Graham ‏@ByTimGraham 41s42 seconds ago

Tim Graham

Sunday leaks are part of many teams' PR strategies these days. In some ways, glad I'm not on the beat anymore. But used to love the chase.

And you have to trust the reporter's sources are legitimate and don't have a dog in the race or an axe to grind.

Would they have been better off keeping Fitzpatrick for another year instead of bringing in Kolb?

And like it would have been better to keep Bledsoe and not hand Losman the starting job. When has forcing a QB change and not letting a player legitimately win a competition worked out well for the Bills?

They are not going to keep Tyrod... Watson is the best QB in the draft... it's not a good start to the mock draft period.

If Whaley picks EJ Jr., I mean Kizer, we're most certainly screwed. Signing Cutler? Just as bad. So many landmines...

I promise you this much...Without saying ANY of these potential QB prospects will have a good career...From a pure scouting standpoint, and assuming Watson and Trubisky come out, EJ would be no better than the 7th ranked QB in this Draft...8th if Josh Allen declares...The notion that this QB class has anything in common with 2013 is laughable...The main problem with this class is the lack of experience...There are some very good developmental prospect QB's...Most teams will just throw them in, and if so they will struggle...But EJ would have a hard time getting Drafted before the 5th Rd had he come out this year...Period... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

And like it would have been better to keep Bledsoe and not hand Losman the starting job. When has forcing a QB change and not letting a player legitimately win a competition worked out well for the Bills?

Wouldn't have mattered since both QBs mentioned are garbage anyway.

I wasn't trying to go back from a hindsight perspective btw; just saying that it actually turned out to be spot on...

Now from what we have seen of EJ, he could not have overcome his limitations with mentoring and developing. This is the same argument that X QB could solve his accuracy issues if we work on his mechanics and footwork...

A "Quarterback Whisperer" isn't all of a sudden going to fix a project QB. Accuracy, Football IQ (good quick decision-making), ability to move in the pocket (and throw the ball), able to anticipate throws are what it all comes down to...EJ and TT neither have these traits. We did not ruin EJ, just like we didn't ruin Losman or Edwards. These are limited QBs who the league found a blueprint on and they were not talented enough to overcome their limitations - nothing wrong with that...

Us fans get so enamored with QBs like this because the others we have had are even worse. We have no idea how to identify good quarterbacking and as fans hang on the hope that the cream of the crap will make everything better. That being said, TT could be really good on a team like Denver and help them. For us; honestly it is spinning the wheels...

I do understand and respect your viewpoint, Reed83HOF. And just to be clear, I'm not suggesting anything or anyone was going to turn EJ Manuel into Ben Rothlisberger. I do think that we didn't maximize his potential. People forget that many of his pre-draft analyses said things like "He has many of the attributes teams are looking for, but he would benefit from some coaching and seasoning before being thrust into a starting role. His ceiling is pretty high since much of what he needs is definitely coachable".

My personal viewpoint might differ from some others in that I don't think drafting EJ Manuel was the problem. Teams do their due diligence and they make their pick. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose - the Packers drafted Brohm in the 2nd and he got beaten out in camp by a late round nobody and exposed to waivers, for example. The problem I see is that 1) the Bills are so tight about needing to draft a winner that they don't take enough shots 2) in this day of spread offense and shotgun, it's harder than ever to judge whether or not a QB can transition to the pros.

I do understand and respect your viewpoint, Reed83HOF. And just to be clear, I'm not suggesting anything or anyone was going to turn EJ Manuel into Ben Rothlisberger. I do think that we didn't maximize his potential. People forget that many of his pre-draft analyses said things like "He has many of the attributes teams are looking for, but he would benefit from some coaching and seasoning before being thrust into a starting role. His ceiling is pretty high since much of what he needs is definitely coachable".

My personal viewpoint might differ from some others in that I don't think drafting EJ Manuel was the problem. Teams do their due diligence and they make their pick. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose - the Packers drafted Brohm in the 2nd and he got beaten out in camp by a late round nobody and exposed to waivers, for example. The problem I see is that 1) the Bills are so tight about needing to draft a winner that they don't take enough shots 2) in this day of spread offense and shotgun, it's harder than ever to judge whether or not a QB can transition to the pros.

I will always feel that EJ got thrown to the fire to early......

and I hope we dont make that mistake with a qb we draft THIS year

That is why I think it's important to either keep Tyrod, or have a plan to bring in another QB on at least the same level even if we draft a rookie.

they probably do we just haven't seen their list yet (or ever) then they will tell us that the guy they get was their target all along :D