Skins fire entire defensive staff

VABills

I doubt it. Too big a personality and Rex indicated in the past he wasn't interested in going back to being a coordinator. We shall see but i doubt it. Gruden would be better served to hire a D-coach with a system that doesn't get run all over by the likes of Jay Ajayi and Leveon Bell in critical games.

Wonder if Gruden hires Rex?

And Rob. It's a two-for-one deal.

Bradley? That would be funny if Lynn says he'll get Bradley and Gruden scoops him up, leaving Lynn looking like a fool at the altar.

I missed it. When did ALynn say he had already hired Gus Bradley?

The Skins press release states that four assistants have been fired, including Barry, the D.C., and Perry Fewell. It was a LaConfora tweet that suggest the entire staff would be fired. Wrong again. They may eventually be when they select a new D.C. But not so far.

Nah, can't see it. I think Rex is out of coaching for at least a year or two before he comes back in any capacity if at all.

Could be, but I'd guess he's done for good.

He's got what? $15 million in free money coming from Pegula to help get him through some hard times over the next few years (LOL) and he's going to be working TV. Once you taste that gig you don't go back to coaching, especially when no one wants you!

I think Rex is done as a coach.

on TV you're a football icon who everyone goes to for "hot takes," strategy advice, predictions, and wisdom. If you're wrong it never comes up. You're a celebrated expert. There are no losses, only wins.

Look at a guy like Gruden. He was (IMO) an okay head coach. He won with Dungy's team, then ruined it. But he is viewed by many as a legendary coach, mostly because he's on TV every week calling games and doing his coaching segments with rookies, awarding his Gruden Grinders, etc.

Nobody questions him. He's a genius now. And there are no 14 hour days, no press conferences, no real criticism of your job, no bad bounces to deal with. You just show up and everyone tells you how great you are all day. On can see where ex-coaches might love that.

on TV you're a football icon who everyone goes to for "hot takes," strategy advice, predictions, and wisdom. If you're wrong it never comes up. You're a celebrated expert. There are no losses, only wins.

In all seriousness, and with no dis-respect to Rex, TV is the perfect place for him. He hasn't been a good football coach for some time...I think the truth is out there, and he isn't very likely to get another job offer.

In all seriousness, and with no dis-respect to Rex, TV is the perfect place for him. He hasn't been a good football coach for some time...I think the truth is out there, and he isn't very likely to get another job offer.

Sadly I agree. I loved the Rex hire but somehow he cannot coach defense anymore.

After a few years on TV though he'll be thought of like Gruden and every year he'll be mentioned for HC jobs.