Skins fire entire defensive staff

VABills

Sadly I agree. I loved the Rex hire but somehow he cannot coach defense anymore.

After a few years on TV though he'll be thought of like Gruden and every year he'll be mentioned for HC jobs.

I have to say, I always thought was kind of a buffoon when he was in NY, and I hated the hire...but I got swept away in all the hype (see my avatar!)...I came to appreciate what having a coach with an animated personality can mean (we haven't really had one of those since Wade), but it just didn't translate into him being a good coach for players. I like the guy a lot more than I ever thought I would, and I felt kind of bad for him the way it all went down...but I know it was the right decision for the Bills. Any serious NFL people (and I think Jay Gruden is one of them) couldn't have possibly watched the Bills these last two years, and come away with the impression that they were well coached, especially on defense.

Edited by Buftex

I think Rex goes to TV for 2-3 years and either becomes a huge hit and outgrows the need to go back to the NFL or has a renaissance as a premier DC in the league for a few years.

Pretty much this. Once Rex gets a large dose of that TV $ and all the perks he will not go back to coaching. TV is good money. Not as good as coaching but for the amount of work when those two are compared, TV wins.

Could be, but I'd guess he's done for good.

He's got what? $15 million in free money coming from Pegula to help get him through some hard times over the next few years (LOL) and he's going to be working TV. Once you taste that gig you don't go back to coaching, especially when no one wants you!

I think Rex is done as a coach.

^^^ This.