1-5: Tyrod Taylor is Having Surgery Today

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except Green Bay, Miami, Oakland, and Dallas had much better DVOA's; and all ranked higher at creating turnovers. And guess what, all of those defenses had to deal with their offense turning the ball over at a much higher rate than our powder puff group.

So Tyrod's done better than Rodgers, Ryan, and Dak Prescott at something ?

He's doing it wrong.

We just drafted a QB last year. I don't understand why we draft someone this year to act as an understudy again. If you draft a QB you need a low cost veteran backup and Cardale can be 3rd string. I fail to see the logic behind 2 QBs sitting on the bench "learning" from someone who doesn't play like a prototypical QB.

So Tyrod's done better than Rodgers, Ryan, and Dak Prescott at something ?

He's doing it wrong.

Im talking about defense not QB. And no hes not better than Rodgers or Ryan. Silly convo. And no hes not better than Rivers.

Tyrod is the perfect "bridge" for this offense: Price. Age. Ability.

Green Bay Miami Oakland Dallas all had no defense and made playoffs.

When your qb can't anticipate routes or be trusted to throw a screen pass you don't make playoffs.

He stinks. Guess you want 1 more year or stink.

I normally ignore everything you say - but here goes anyway...

Dallas had the best rush defense in the NFL... GB also had a very strong rush defense. In the playoffs this is very important. It's tackling, the most basic function of football defense. And we suck at it.

Miami lucked into the playoffs by Baltimore failing. They're not good.

Atlanta, and Oakland had poor defenses. They also have all-world offenses. If we have the ability to get Matt Ryan or Carr i pull the trigger.

I do want to upgrade the QB position, but the draft is a lottery pick. And going into the draft with no QB is a recipe to get jumped and not get the QB you want. All the free agents are crap. Tell me your brilliant plan, and i'll counter with why it won't happen.

PS Roman didn't throw screens with Alex Smith in SF... So i don't think its part of his offense.

Edited by dneveu

Green Bay Miami Oakland Dallas all had no defense and made playoffs.

When your qb can't anticipate routes or be trusted to throw a screen pass you don't make playoffs.

He stinks. Guess you want 1 more year or stink.

It's tough being the lighthouse keeper, no?

I guess not. I always thought most points win, not how a team looks getting those points.

It's not "how a team looks getting the points." It's how a team performs decides how easy/difficult it is for them and the other team to score. Let's give you a very, very extreme example of what I'm talking about.

Say a team scores 24 points by 3 long bombs for TDs, a long bomb that picks up 70 yards that results in a FG and then does absolutely nothing else on offense. Let's say, in this extreme example, that the team picks up one first down the entire game (the 70 yard bomb that results in a FG), possesses the ball for 15 minutes and ends up punting 15 times on 3 and outs on every other possession. Due to the 3 and outs the opposing team has an average starting field position of the 40 yard line for the game.

Now, let's say another team scores 24 points (3TDs and a FG) but grinds out 30 first downs, possesses the ball for 38 minutes and repeatedly pins the opposing team inside their 15 yard line.

According to you this is all "static." All that matters is the 24 points. But in example 1, that 24 points is very likely not going to be nearly enough to win that game. In example 2 if the D does just an average job the team has a very good chance of winning the game.

As I mentioned, this is about an extreme example as one can come up with but it does illustrate that it's not all "static." How an offense performs has an effect on the D.

This isn't to say Taylor and the offense are "to blame" for the Ds performance, but time and time again they failed to help them out by grinding out some first downs and ToP. I will say that they did the D a massive service by not turning the ball over. I can only imagine how many points the D would have allowed had the O not nearly set an NFL record for fewest TOs.

I'm not even saying that they shouldn't pick up the option on Taylor (to me if depends if they can acquire someone they think is better.) Taylor can certainly be a guy who a team can win with, just don't fool yourself into thinking the offenses inability to move the ball doesn't have other effects and the "only" thing that matters is scoring points.

I'd rather the offense average 2 points less (on average) if they could lead the league (or be near the top) in 1st downs and opposing team field position. The two points they lost in scoring would be more than made up for in fewer points for the opposing team. Offense and defense have a symbiotic relationship.

There is no way Cardale is ready next year.

It's quite possible for the Bills to draft a rookie AND pay Tyrod AND keep Cardale on the roster.

this is where i would go with the QB situation in Buffalo.

We can't retain Tyrod while also drafting a QB?

no kidding.

So is TT having surgery again today, or is he still having surgery? :unsure:

the spleen is a fickle organ

We just drafted a QB last year. I don't understand why we draft someone this year to act as an understudy again. If you draft a QB you need a low cost veteran backup and Cardale can be 3rd string. I fail to see the logic behind 2 QBs sitting on the bench "learning" from someone who doesn't play like a prototypical QB.

He has vet exp as far as the process goes. Regardless of play.

He knows the ins and outs of preparing, working with Pro players and Pro Coaches. TT IS The Vet.

Not as tough as it is to throw the ball before the wr is done with his route.

It's harder than it looks.

well done

It's not "how a team looks getting the points." It's how a team performs decides how easy/difficult it is for them and the other team to score. Let's give you a very, very extreme example of what I'm talking about.

Say a team scores 24 points by 3 long bombs for TDs, a long bomb that picks up 70 yards that results in a FG and then does absolutely nothing else on offense. Let's say, in this extreme example, that the team picks up one first down the entire game (the 70 yard bomb that results in a FG), possesses the ball for 15 minutes and ends up punting 15 times on 3 and outs on every other possession. Due to the 3 and outs the opposing team has an average starting field position of the 40 yard line for the game.

Now, let's say another team scores 24 points (3TDs and a FG) but grinds out 30 first downs, possesses the ball for 38 minutes and repeatedly pins the opposing team inside their 15 yard line.

According to you this is all "static." All that matters is the 24 points. But in example 1, that 24 points is very likely not going to be nearly enough to win that game. In example 2 if the D does just an average job the team has a very good chance of winning the game.

As I mentioned, this is about an extreme example as one can come up with but it does illustrate that it's not all "static." How an offense performs has an effect on the D.

This isn't to say Taylor and the offense are "to blame" for the Ds performance, but time and time again they failed to help them out by grinding out some first downs and ToP. I will say that they did the D a massive service by not turning the ball over. I can only imagine how many points the D would have allowed had the O not nearly set an NFL record for fewest TOs.

I'm not even saying that they shouldn't pick up the option on Taylor (to me if depends if they can acquire someone they think is better.) Taylor can certainly be a guy who a team can win with, just don't fool yourself into thinking the offenses inability to move the ball doesn't have other effects and the "only" thing that matters is scoring points.

I'd rather the offense average 2 points less (on average) if they could lead the league (or be near the top) in 1st downs and opposing team field position. The two points they lost in scoring would be more than made up for in fewer points for the opposing team. Offense and defense have a symbiotic relationship.

I really dig this post and you point. The last paragraph is outstanding..

as a foot note. Bild ST really fell of the cliff at some point last in field position for our Defense.

Punting became horrid. not many folks talk about all his shanks.

Crossman had best get on his game if Bills want to send out avg O and Avg D.

I would suggest..Winning is mostly done with " The right plays called and executed at the key moments " more than any statistical analysis, that will be presented to make a point.

Is the Buffalo media just writing fan fiction now, or just fake news:

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/22991198.php?contentType=4&contentId=19043713

wtf is wrong with Schopp

Unfreaking real.

Bills fans and media deserve a loser. Im really starting to believe that.

Clickbait. There isn't much to talk about. So - invent a fake story so you can say the owner said scandalous things. Public reads it and rumor spreads that it really happened. Clickbait.

I really think that guy (MS) is just bad at his job of actually being interesting.

wtf is wrong with Schopp

He's not presenting that piece as either fan fiction or fake news...

Just a stylistic way of saying "imagine if things were different and how refreshing that could be."

He's not a reporter; he's a radio talk show host.

Clickbait. There isn't much to talk about. So - invent a fake story so you can say the owner said scandalous things. Public reads it and rumor spreads that it really happened. Clickbait.

I really think that guy (MS) is just bad at his job of actually being interesting.

Seems like a thinly veiled plot to get free steak subs...

He's not presenting that piece as either fan fiction or fake news...

Just a stylistic way of saying "imagine if things were different and how refreshing that could be."

He's not a reporter; he's a radio talk show host.

He can now add "Fiction Writer" to his resume.

Typically in a reimagining of current events the author gives some nods beyond just the word "Imagining" in the headline. At least give me a "I had a daydream the other day..." at the start, or end it with "...and then I woke up, safe in my bed knowing that the Bills were still worst professional sports franchise / providers of lunch EVER!"

Also a very strong possibility. Munchies can make a man do questionable things.

For the sake of full transparency, I did go pick up a steak sub for lunch after reading the article, so S/O to Schopp for promoting a little business for Waf's Westside Deli...

Is the Buffalo media just writing fan fiction now, or just fake news:

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/22991198.php?contentType=4&contentId=19043713

?

He is trying to get the Bills to move games to another station.

Either that he has CTE but it could be both.

He will be applying to be the fourth stooge at Buffalo News.

This is what happens when you do not screen lock your computer - a coworker writes what they consider a funny email thinking no one will actually believe it is real but boss does and fires you.

Unfreaking real.

Bills fans and media deserve a loser. Im really starting to believe that.

They deserve team moving out of town but fortunately you do not always get what you deserve.

Seems like a thinly veiled plot to get free steak subs...

Also a very strong possibility. Munchies can make a man do questionable things.

Maybe he was smoking something medical when he wrote it.