1-5: Tyrod Taylor is Having Surgery Today

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you need help with logic here it goes. 30th ranked passing attack = loooooooooza.

So who we drafting ?

not one guy on this board has said don't draft a qb. not one. not a single person. but...mahomes is probably 95 percent chance of not being ready for the nfl...probably 99.

mahomes throws the ball like a baseball. all those spread offenses that have had so much success in the nfl.

Key word "throw". Big accurate arm and not scared to throw like TT

We can't retain Tyrod while also drafting a QB?

Why waste the money or time ? Get any other jag to do it

Depends on what your goal is for the season. If your goal is to make the playoffs this year, then Tyrod has a better shot than a QB we'd draft, most likely. (Assuming that the notion it's a weak class/other teams need QBs ahead of us)

If your goal is to tank this year for future draft picks, then by all means, save some money and ditch Tyrod.

just like the texans did with brock right? tyrod is lightyears ahead of brock. that's what we'd see next year. tyrod gets us a 7 wins next year...you get a defense and that could be 10 wins. and playoffs. any rookie qb you draft will need a big defense to come in and support him and keep him in games. kind of like brady, ben, wilson cowboys etc had.

btw how do you know mahomes can read a defense?

in 2015 TT was ranked 7th in both passer rating and total QBR

in 2016 TT loses his #1WR Sammy to injury, #2WR woods to injury, #3WR Hogan to NE, #1C eric wood, #1RT Henderson to crohns, and shorter stretches #1RB shady, #2RB gilislee, #1TE clay.

then his stats drop....shocker !?!?

if TT won't renegotiate his contract, bite the bullet and exercise his option. draft a QB this year in 1st or second round.

in any order my top 3 fixes are #1RT(weakest starter last year), #2WR (2nd weakest starter), #3 QB of future.

the defense gets ragland & shaq. just switching to a 4-3 will improve it. needs a couple DB's.

btw how do you know mahomes can read a defense?

Watch the tapes.

Depends on what your goal is for the season. If your goal is to make the playoffs this year, then Tyrod has a better shot than a QB we'd draft, most likely. (Assuming that the notion it's a weak class/other teams need QBs ahead of us)

If your goal is to tank this year for future draft picks, then by all means, save some money and ditch Tyrod.

Sounds better than the 7-9 fitz and TT train.

Watch the tapes.

i have watched some of his stuff. but there is a reason those texas tech guys don't succeed in the nfl. timmy chang should have been an nfl god. mahomes might be a solid qb to draft in the 2nd. to come in and see if he can beat tyrod .

They went 7-9 mostly due to a defense that couldn't stop a nose bleed. But continue with the crusade.

honestly he is convinced that defenses are irrelevant in the nfl. russel wilson wins 12-10 against miami and he's convinced that it was all wilson that won that game. despite clear facts the defense held the phins to 10 points

the eagles signed chase daniels to a 3 year 21 mil deal last year and people think tyrod isnt getting paid lol. teams will look at the deep bomb he throws, the run ability, no picks, decent completion percentage and ok numbers he's put up and think they can develop that. i mean he probably would have ended up near 3300 yards...i'm sure there is some coach out there willing to risk thinking he can get 500-700 more yards of passing out of tyrod. what's that? 30 yards a game?

Actually, they'll study tape and mostly ignore the numbers. They'll see if he fits into what they want to do offensively and if so, offer him a contract in line with what they believe his value in the market is.

The guy isn't a "one size fits all" QB who can have success in any offense, which lowers his value quite a bit. Not many teams are going to be willing to completely overhaul their offense for him.

Fewer suitors, fewer dollars. He's defiantly a starting QB, and I think he could have success in the right spot, but I don't think he gets much more (if any more) than what he's in line to make if he stays with the Bills.

They went 7-9 mostly due to a defense that couldn't stop a nose bleed. But continue with the crusade.

honestly he is convinced that defenses are irrelevant in the nfl. russel wilson wins 12-10 against miami and he's convinced that it was all wilson that won that game. despite clear facts the defense held the phins to 10 points

I know I know. We scored 25 vs the pats !

Enjoy the fantasyland. Any other 30th ranked things in this world y'all love ?

Your man got pantsed by Tanny and Fitz. The jig is up.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Watch the tapes.

watch mahomes and holding the ball at his waist. he's gotta fix that in the nfl. problem is when panicked and tired guys revert back to that. that doesnt fly in the nfl. watson is one guy that doesn't do that. watson has the mechanics. he's the one guy i like in the draft and i'd honestly risk going into the year if we could guarantee he's there at 10. but to have him be successful we are going to need to load up the defense. you don't believe in defense but we're going to need to start holding teams to under 20 points a game like the big boys do...seattle, ne. you know the teams with the most success the past few years.

I guess my question is...

Team A: Scores 24 points, 1 turnover

Team B: Scores 24 points, 1 turnover

Does it make a difference if Team A scored 14 points on rushing, and fumbled the ball, whereas Team B scored 0 points on rushing, and threw one interception? Aren't points points? I'm not suggesting Tyrod is the best QB in the world, but if the team moves the ball with him as QB, I don't really care if it's him making throws, or the team running well (partially due to him) that gets us there. I'd love to have some HoF gun slinger back there, but chances are slim a draft pick this year is going to be that, so why not keep a successful offense in tact, develop a young QB or two, and focus on improving a disappointing defense?

Am I insane for wanting to make the playoffs vs tanking every year until we luck out on getting an elite QB in the draft?