1-5: Tyrod Taylor is Having Surgery Today

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this the 1st time that Road Hack linked it.

@mikerodak

Here is a refresher of the language in Tyrod Taylor's actual contract that could... http://es.pn/2iN2NOu

C1bt9qlVEAAGo0I.jpg

So I would interpret "perform his playing services" to mean, he may have a physical on March 11th (start of the new year) before they decide whether to pick up his option or not, but to get paid, he would have to not be able to perform "playing services" eg, to play at the start of next season (I believe this is what Rapaport reported). Is that how you see it?

Because at this point, he can have core muscle surgery, recuperate, not be happy with the results, have a second surgery, and recouperate again before September.

Edit: OK, now I get it, because he can't be cut while injured. Thanks!

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

We've probably seen the same wording literally hundreds of times in sports. At the end of the day you always "elect" to have surgery. Nobody can be physically forced into having surgery lol. Therefore the phrase "elected to have surgery" doesnt automatically imply anything other than the obvious. If we're talking semantics here, we can go around in circles for hours. Its kinda silly.

This reminds me of teenagers that receive a 5 word txt from some boy/girl they really like and analyze the $h*t out of those 5 words for possible hidden meaning

RIDICULOUS.

Isn't TSW built on analyzing the $h*t out of everything? 😎 Edited by WotAGuy

Does the phrase, "sole judgement of the Club's physicians" mean anything?

Not too much. The NFLPA has language in the CBA that allows players a grievance procedure when they feel the judgement of the club's physicians is biased or incorrect. I believe the CBA supercedes contract language. The contract language just means you have to load the lawyers and your agent into the limo along with your choice of physician.

Not too much. The NFLPA has language in the CBA that allows players a grievance procedure when they feel the judgement of the club's physicians is biased or incorrect. I believe the CBA supercedes contract language. The contract language just means you have to load the lawyers and your agent into the limo along with your choice of physician.

How about the phrase, "Notwithstanding any language to the contrary in this contract..."

I assume the CBA riders are attached to the standard player's contract, so would that language be notwithstanding as specified?

I get that TT might be apt to contest it and file a grievance anyway, but this kind of injury clause is pretty standard when it comes to protecting a portion of a player's guaranteed money that might not be earned otherwise due to injury.

I'm betting that limo is of the stretch variety.

I was wondering when LaConjecture would jump in on this.

@JasonLaCanfora

A $27.5M showdown between the Bills and NFLPA could be brewing over Tyrod Taylor's contract: http://CBSSports.com

https://t.co/SYUEDt8CXk

I happened to catch several minutes of LaConjecture this morning during his segment with Tiki and Tierney. He is so chummy with Rex Ryan it defies any reasonable person to think he can be objective on anything pertaining to RR. It convinced me that Rex Ryan was the source for his report hours before the Steelers game. Rex also did a fair amount of leaking when he was with the Jets, too. IIRC, Didn't he try to pin a media leak on Pettine to deflect attention in a certain situation?

The same people who claim Tyrod is done in Buffalo now claim the Bills are on the hook, which means he's not done in Buffalo. (Funny how no one brought up this injury that was reported 5 weeks ago after the Steelers game.)

If the Bills did want to part ways with Taylor, why would he demand to be under contract to a team that doesn't want him? Also, why would Taylor want to miss out on free agency where he'd likely be the most sought-after player?

The same people who claim Tyrod is done in Buffalo now claim the Bills are on the hook, which means he's not done in Buffalo. (Funny how no one brought up this injury that was reported 5 weeks ago after the Steelers game.)

If the Bills did want to part ways with Taylor, why would he demand to be under contract to a team that doesn't want him? Also, why would Taylor want to miss out on free agency where he'd likely be the most sought-after player?

Because the Bills are dysfunctional, dummy. I don't know how they got into this position. Tyrod is clearly using them to show other teams that he can be a selfish, greedy, injury-prone, non-leader/non-team player who is damaged goods in order to escape a team that doesn't want him and won't pay him and has no viable coach so he can get a huge contract from that team, who doesn't really want him because it's obvious he sucks. Open your eyes, apologist!

What's like a chess match? Groin surgery?

The game of chess is like a groin injury, you must think first before you move.

this is going to end well for the bills.....with tyrod starting day 1 of regular season 2017.

anyone want what they saw vs jets ?....more of EJ, Cardale, rookie, washed up vet ??

Jay Cutler plz

Because the Bills are dysfunctional, dummy. I don't know how they got into this position. Tyrod is clearly using them to show other teams that he can be a selfish, greedy, injury-prone, non-leader/non-team player who is damaged goods in order to escape a team that doesn't want him and won't pay him and has no viable coach so he can get a huge contract from that team, who doesn't really want him because it's obvious he sucks. Open your eyes, apologist!

I love you man! (but you're still not getting my Bud Lite) :beer:

The game of chess is like a groin injury, you must think first before you move.

Jay Cutler plz

Isn't that the equivalent of going to a 5 star restaurant and ordering lutefisk?

How about the phrase, "Notwithstanding any language to the contrary in this contract..."

I assume the CBA riders are attached to the standard player's contract, so would that language be notwithstanding as specified?

I get that TT might be apt to contest it and file a grievance anyway, but this kind of injury clause is pretty standard when it comes to protecting a portion of a player's guaranteed money that might not be earned otherwise due to injury.

I'm betting that limo is of the stretch variety.

Well, I could be wrong, but my understanding is the CBA overrides all contract language. Notwithstanding any language to the contrary in the contract.

One main point of the CBA was to prevent players from being manuvered or pressured to sign away their CBA rights with contract language they or their agents/lawyers miss or feel they just gotta accept for the chance to play.

We have a diverse and talented group here, so perhaps someone who knows more than I on the topic will step in.

Holy ****....he could die from this?

d amn that was good funny !!

I happened to catch several minutes of LaConjecture this morning during his segment with Tiki and Tierney. He is so chummy with Rex Ryan it defies any reasonable person to think he can be objective on anything pertaining to RR. It convinced me that Rex Ryan was the source for his report hours before the Steelers game. Rex also did a fair amount of leaking when he was with the Jets, too. IIRC, Didn't he try to pin a media leak on Pettine to deflect attention in a certain situation?

veddy inneresting !

I hadn't thought of that. But what would be the purpose of leaking that he was going to be fired after the game, or that the Bills organization wanted to bench Tyrod? What could possibly be his motivation? That wouldn't make any sense to me.