AP John Wawrow interview with Terry Pegula

Reed83HOF

I haven't lost interest.

Like I said....when people 70 miles EAST of the stadium have their local station broadcasting the Steelers games it's an issue.

Rochester is bored too. Ask the regular camp goers about the attendance at SJF.

There is a whole generation of people now who do not associate themselves with the Bills........kid's shun losers......which is why kids don't notice you and Greggy. :thumbsup:

That has nothing to do with certain factions of the local media being blocked out by Pegs. Nothing.

Your analysis on this is poor. It's dinosaur thinking.

But Shady's radio career is really about to take off any day... you said so yourself. :rolleyes:

Edited by Deranged Rhino

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep on thinking the local media has any impact on the NFL's success... it's about as astute as your claim Shady would be out of the league and working in radio before he turns 30.

Typical Greggo nonsense.........It's not about the NFL's success........it's about INTEREST in the Bills........and the Sabres.

The team isn't even bad.......it's just that nobody cares because they are boring and not being well marketed outside of DOWNTOWN BUFFALO.

But please point out to me how they are using social media to build a rabid following.

Bills Run Deeeeeeeeeep. :lol:

Add the 4 years of crap football the Jets played and you get 6. Is six consecutive years enough?

Dude, the defense was God awful and gave up 75% of the 200 yard games in the NFL.

Rex is a good dude and a bad coach. It is as simple as that. He is tied to his useless defensive scheme and although the is a root problem, it is not the only problem.

We clearly disagree.

Your referring to the Jets is interesting given that he got thrown under the bus there as well.

As I posted before, his "useless scheme" did better against common opponents compared to the Eagles . . . even with players that PFF rated slightly less than Eagles' starting defenders.

In a nutshell, I just don't think that less than two years was fair under the circumstances and also hate the fact that we are starting over again. I hope that my nightmares of the NFL equivalent of Ron Rolston are just that and do not come to reality.

Love me some JW, but fwiw, Bills PR staff went to AP because of its reach outside of Buffalo. They needed to tamp things down on a larger scale, not just in the Buffalo market.

I suspect that there may be some truth to this.

This is not playing well around the country or league and (I know people do not want to believe it) it will cause concern (to put it mildly) with any candidate - especially those that are worthwhile and in demand.

Typical Greggo nonsense.........It's not about the NFL's success........it's about INTEREST in the Bills........and the Sabres.

The team isn't even bad.......it's just that nobody cares because they are boring and not being well marketed outside of DOWNTOWN BUFFALO.

But please point out to me how they are using social media to build a rabid following.

Bills Run Deeeeeeeeeep. :lol:

Nonsense is claiming, as you did, the Bills are creating disinterest by blocking local media access to the team.

That presumes the local media dictates interest in the team.

That's false. Laughably so. It hasn't been true in over a decade.

But keep clinging to it if you want. Lord knows you have a very hard time admitting you were wrong.

That has nothing to do with certain factions of the local media being blocked out by Pegs. Nothing.

Your analysis on this is poor. It's dinosaur thinking.

But Shady's radio career is really about to take off any day... you said so yourself. :rolleyes:

As usual you willfully distort my point because you think you are trolling me. :rolleyes:

Blocking out the local media is only a portion of the much larger issue.

When 25 year old's at out tailgates are saying that their friends don't come because they are all Steelers and Giants or Cowboys fans that tells me all I need to know.

Much ground has been lost and making yourself invisible at times where interest is drawn to you is bad business.

I suspect that there may be some truth to this.

This is not playing well around the country or league and (I know people do not want to believe it) it will cause concern (to put it mildly) with any candidate - especially those that are worthwhile and in demand.

Bingo. I am in this line of work (PR for a major Corp) and that's exactly the problem they are trying to address. Not that JW isn't more than deserving of the exclusive interview, but the AP Pegs interview at this time says it all. Good for them for trying to rewrite the current narrative.

Jason Cole Verified account ‏@JasonColeBR

Informal poll of 7 NFL execs ranking current open jobs: 1. Broncos (unanimous) 2. Jaguars 3. Chargers 4. Rams 5. 49ers 6. Bills

I know some of you guys did not want to believe me that the whole thing with Rex, Doug Whaley etc. would not go over well.

Unfortunately, we will be choosing from the runts of the litter compared to the teams with other openings.

As ranked by people looking for a head coaching job:

Not if you have other options . . . .

As usual you willfully distort my point because you think you are trolling me. :rolleyes:

Once again you prove yourself to be a narcissist who thinks of himself as being bigger than he really is. I'm trolling you? Nah. I'm calling a bad take for what it is. Distorting your point? Nah:

I've said this a few times now but i think some of you out of towners don't realize that the local teams boxing out the media just does more harm to the teams by creating disinterest.

Nonsense is claiming, as you did, the Bills are creating disinterest by blocking local media access to the team.

That presumes the local media dictates interest in the team.

That's false. Laughably so. It hasn't been true in over a decade.

That's not distorting what you said. It's just highlighting its stupidity.

That you're sticking to a bad take shouldn't surprise anyone. After all, Shady's due to start his second career in radio any day now. You said so yourself.

I know some of you guys did not want to believe me that the whole thing with Rex, Doug Whaley etc. would not go over well.

Unfortunately, we will be choosing from the runts of the litter compared to the teams with other openings.

This was my concern with dumping Rex and keeping Whaley and the FO...

Not if you have other options . . . .

Sure they might have other options but so do the teams hiring. In the end 3 guys could be interviewed by the bills only and that might be their only shot. I'm sure McDaniels and Patricia will get multiple offers but some of the other guys I doubt will.