AP John Wawrow interview with Terry Pegula

Reed83HOF

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the pure damage control interview/article. Glad JW got the exclusive, but Terry wouldn't have done this had the Whaley interview not gone sideways and played to the notion that their is extreme disfunction.

of course it is and it was smart to do......shows leadership....he's backing his GM

Edited by nucci

He had input on performance. He did not have input on the firing.

You are parsing about as much as Doug did earlier today.

It's part of his job to offer assessments on what happens on the field. Not exactly as if the issues weren't obvious.

What was obvious to me was that there were a lot of injuries and suspensions. I would have hoped that the GM would have given context rather than (as I believe) throw Rex under the bus to save his own job).

This is the pure damage control interview/article. Glad JW got the exclusive, but Terry wouldn't have done this had the Whaley interview not gone sideways and played to the notion that their is extreme disfunction.

This is possible.

You are parsing about as much as Doug did earlier today.

What was obvious to me was that there were a lot of injuries and suspensions. I would have hoped that the GM would have given context rather than (as I believe) throw Rex under the bus to save his own job).

Pure conjecture by you. Rex in Buffalo was a mistake and I'm glad Pegula acknowledged it. Time to move forward.

This whole thing is just pathetic- owner is clueless- president is clueless and gym is clueless- coaching and players are only part of the problem- absent a complete blow up of this organization, I have no reason to believe it will ever get better

i figured as much. rex forcing his hand out, thats all it was. rex literally created a self fulfilling prophecy. i wonder how much effort he gave to win? i really do believe rex just didn't have anything left in the tank when it came to the 'fire' that you need to be a winner.

I have wondered the same thing. That Rex no longer had the "fire in his belly". He liked the media attention, he didn't like the grind.

Especially after the report from someone here that Rex told Lynn (in the off-season, as Lynn was interviewing for HC gigs_ he would be gone after this season and Lynn, if he stayed, could be the next HC of the Bills

Wasn't it Levy who said, "if you say you're going to retire after next season, you're already retired"

Pure conjecture by you. Rex in Buffalo was a mistake and I'm glad Pegula acknowledged it. Time to move forward.

My educated opinion. Agree to disagree.

It is all on Whaley now. Doug may want to speak with Darcy so that he can plan ahead and prepare himself for what is likely to happen.

Pegula and Whaley watch every game side by side in the owner's box. Draw your own conclusions on those conversations.

The phone call between Rex and Pegula that culminated in him no longer being the coach happened without whaley's involvement. Whaley was a peer of Rex. Pegula says they "mutually agreed to part ways." Then he told Whaley. Whaley didn't say he wasn't surprised. He said he wasn't told why. Because he already knew.

Anyone who has had a peer fired at their place of employment can relate to this.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Pegula is a disaster.

I always will love Terry and Kim and be grateful for saving the NFL in Buffalo and contributing to the Buffalo renaissance.

Having said that, I think they are getting bad advice from Doug Whaley and listened to the whispers of the wrong guy while watching games in the box.