Pegula's do not know how to run a football team

Pegulas don't know how to run a football team, but fans do. Got it. :w00t:

Fandom at its finest.

A FAN with money bought the team. I am not saying I should run the team. I am saying someone of a stature Parcell's, Belichek, Cohwer are needed to save this franchise. It has fallen to far. This team hasn't been to the playoffs in 17 years, that is the worst in all FOUR major sport leagues!

Edited by USABuffaloFan

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people are acting as if all NFL HC are like Rex Ryan, and that all NFL GMs and HCs work the same and they just don't.

The Pegulas were new. They don't care about money. They like making a big splash. Rex was available and wowed them. It was not at all unreasonable to think that a lot of different owners would have been okay with hiring Rex Ryan. He's a big name and big mouth and dominates all press. So it was decided that since Whaley didn't hire him, he wouldn't report to Whaley he would report to Terry. A lot of NFL teams have that these days. It's not weird. It's not because they have no confidence in Whaley. It was because the hired the cyclone that is Rex Ryan and it blew up in their faces.

If Whaley was the one that convinced them to hire Ryan he would have been fired.

I think people are acting as if all NFL HC are like Rex Ryan, and that all NFL GMs and HCs work the same and they just don't.

The Pegulas were new. They don't care about money. They like making a big splash. Rex was available and wowed them. It was not at all unreasonable to think that a lot of different owners would have been okay with hiring Rex Ryan. He's a big name and big mouth and dominates all press. So it was decided that since Whaley didn't hire him, he wouldn't report to Whaley he would report to Terry. A lot of NFL teams have that these days. It's not weird. It's not because they have no confidence in Whaley. It was because the hired the cyclone that is Rex Ryan and it blew up in their faces.

If Whaley was the one that convinced them to hire Ryan he would have been fired.

That should end the thread (nice job), but it won't.

That is fine but don't throw Whaley to the media to answer for it than. OWN up Ownership!

A FAN with money bought the team. I am not saying I should run the team. I am saying someone of a stature Parcell's, Belichek, Cohwer are needed to save this franchise. It has fallen to far. This team hasn't been to the playoffs in 17 years, that is the worst in all FOUR major sport leagues!

You do realize that is the way most owners work right? THey are fans that bought the team?

You present a considerably kinder view of the situation than the OP.

But make no mistake, we are right back to having organizational problems that start right at the top, just like in the good old Ralph Wilson days.

As long as this **** continues, we will struggle to be a consistently good team.

I'm afraid that soon enough, Bills fans will be divided into two groups.

The first will be those who are just thankful there is still a team in Buffalo, and that group will support Pegula/not complain too much about anything forever.

The second group will move on to other things.

I am moving into the second group. It is difficult, but with the exception of the first 30-40 minutes vs. Seahawks and Raiders, I saw nothing to get very excited about all season in terms of "hey, this team is tearing it up!" a lot of it is parity in the league, etc. but hey, outside of a handful of teams and a handful of matchups, this league's product may not be entertaining enough anymore in general

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

You do realize that is the way most owners work right? THey are fans that bought the team?

What is your point? That all owners are fans and run their teams like fans in their arm chairs. The question placed is why does one owner get how to run teams properly and others think they should run the teams, not hire "football people".

AWESOME!

Give them some time to figure things out. I believe that really want to win, as opposed to Ralph, who wanted to make money above everything else.

Also, there is no apostrophe needed in the title thread. Pegulas is plural, but does not connote possession. I'm no grammar Nazi, but I thought the OP might like to know for future reference.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

This is new to me as a structure. Pegula's have Whaley as GM. Committee of Pegula's, Brandon and Whaley hire Rex Ryan. Only Pegula's make decision to fire Rex Ryan. Rex Ryan only reported to Terry Pegula. Whaley only reported to Terry Pegula. In all this change only Interm coach and now Whaley has press conference. We only get a simple statement from Pegula's on Rex's termination. This is DYSFUNCTION! You need a command line in leadership with full accountability. The Bills use some type of committee decisions that shield ownership. This will not work!!!! Whaley doesn't seem to care he is just a puppet in this organization. This is even worse than I thought it would be. I am not sure I want to be a follower of this owners teams. This is a Tyrant!

You guys drive me nuts, putting an apostrophe in a simple plural. PEGULAS, not PEGULA'S.

Would you write the plural of dog as "dog's?" Maybe you would.

There is no education in America.

What is your point? That all owners are fans and run their teams like fans in their arm chairs. The question placed is why does one owner get how to run teams properly and others think they should run the teams, not hire "football people".

You do realize that all owners have to hire the "Football People"...right? They're the owners..even if they hire "Football People" to make "Football" Decisions" then they're making the decision on the "Football People" to hire...

They have now chosen Whaley as their "Football Person"