Pegula's do not know how to run a football team

Speaking for my self, as a season ticket buyer...nothing they did today wreaks as dysfunctional for me. It's a media driven thing where these Buffalo reporters want to one up each other and be the smartest guy in the room. We all wanted Rex fired... and he was fired. I don't care how it went down.

Now I do care a lot about the football side, and if they ditch Tyrod for nothing better, I will be pissed as a customer.

Exactly!

And, I've been asking people and nobody has an answer - when do teams come out and spell out the reasons for firing anybody?? We're going another direction!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How does that make one bit of difference to my point?

Most other teams are at least functioning as an organization trying to get to the playoffs every year. There is a trust built up with their fans. If a mistake is made and they move on you trust they will make the right decisions. Why should Bills fans trust this organization? The Bills have not earned that with 17 years without going to the playoffs. You can trust them all you want but have no right to tell me I should, I don't!

Problem now that Rex is gone, the mouthpiece for the Bills is not a good speaker or think quick on his feet - kind of guy. Then you have Terry Pegula who is the worst public speaker I've ever seen.

I don't think Whaley is a complete moron when it comes to football so let's hope Pegula's his decision for head coach will be like hitting the lotto. He must've learned something about coaches and personnel over the past few years.

Doug is not deciding Terry is

Doug is not deciding Terry is

I don't know why this is so hard for people to understand. It's what almost every team does in every sport. The owner is involved. He watches most from a distance. He interviews the lead candidate himself that has been recommended or is there when the candidate is in for a second week interview. The GM decides on his guy and makes that recommendation to the owner. The owner then just rubber stamps it. If the owner absolutely hates this choice he may overrule but it likely wouldn't have even got to the recommendation stage had that been true.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Most other teams are at least functioning as an organization trying to get to the playoffs every year. There is a trust built up with their fans. If a mistake is made and they move on you trust they will make the right decisions. Why should Bills fans trust this organization? The Bills have not earned that with 17 years without going to the playoffs. You can trust them all you want but have no right to tell me I should, I don't!

So, answer my question - what other team has a press conference to spell out why they fired a coach? They fired him because he sucked - and the quote is always "we're going in another direction."

17 years has nothing to do with these guys or what I am talking about.

So, answer my question - what other team has a press conference to spell out why they fired a coach? They fired him because he sucked - and the quote is always "we're going in another direction."

Been watching NFL Network all day and seen every team but the Bills talk about why the team President or GM fired someone. No where did I see it was the owner, except the Bills. The people that made the decision where the ones doing the Press Conference. Maybe you shouldn't be posting so much and actually go out and see what the real world is doing. Just a thought.

Been watching NFL Network all day and seen every team but the Bills talk about why the team President or GM fired someone. No where did I see it was the owner, except the Bills. The people that made the decision where the ones doing the Press Conference. Maybe you shouldn't be posting so much and actually go out and see what the real world is doing. Just a thought.

I've got work to do so I'm chained to my desk and computer.

What was the reasons given by any of these teams?

Very true. Rarely does a team hold a presser and tell the truth. Why did they even bother asking Whaley why Rex was fired? It's painfully obvious and I don't need to read the BN to find out. Plus, I'm not that concerned with Whaley's ability to hold a press conference. Anyone ever see Bellicheck speak? It's painful.

It's obvious what happened here. Terry bought an NFL team. He got excited with his shiny new toy and not trusting the guy who has trouble articulating his thoughts, decided to hire another shiny toy named Rex. (It really was an odd hire at the time. We had the #4 defense. So let's blow it up!) He realizes his mistake now and lays it on Whaley's lap to clean up.

I've got work to do so I'm chained to my desk and computer.

What was the reasons given by any of these teams?

To a core, they absolutely hate losing, only thing they care about is getting to the playoffs. Their hires didn't get the job done. In SF case neither did GM and HC.

Very true. Rarely does a team hold a presser and tell the truth. Why did they even bother asking Whaley why Rex was fired? It's painfully obvious and I don't need to read the BN to find out. Plus, I'm not that concerned with Whaley's ability to hold a press conference. Anyone ever see Bellicheck speak? It's painful.

It's obvious what happened here. Terry bought an NFL team. He got excited with his shiny new toy and not trusting the guy who has trouble articulating his thoughts, decided to hire another shiny toy named Rex. (It really was an odd hire at the time. We had the #4 defense. So let's blow it up!) He realizes his mistake now and lays it on Whaley's lap to clean up.

Thank you. I thought I was losing my mind with this nonsense..........Great point on Belichick.

Really sick and tired of the word dysfunction. Is that the new buzzword. The Pegulas dont know how to run a sports franchise because theyve never done it before. Good owners go decades without championships. If anything they are a little slow making moves with their GM. Regier stayed to long. Likely making the same mistake w/Whaley. But if Whaleys position is the talent is here, let me hire the coach. I can see them giving him one more year. If they can fix the d they can make the playoffs. Going to really know what ownerships intentions are once they decide on tyrod. If they bring him back Ill take that as them wanting to win now. If they cut him with no reasonable alternative, then my sense is tank 2 has begun. QB class looks good in 2018 based on what Ive seen. 2017 will clarify the college QB issue. Obviously alot can happen between now and the 2018 draft.

To a core, they absolutely hate losing, only thing they care about is getting to the playoffs. Their hires didn't get the job done. In SF case neither did GM and HC.

So, they said nothing. Great!

Been watching NFL Network all day ...Maybe you shouldn't be posting so much and actually go out and see what the real world is doing. Just a thought.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Really sick and tired of the word dysfunction. Is that the new buzzword. The Pegulas dont know how to run a sports franchise because theyve never done it before. Good owners go decades without championships. If anything they are a little slow making moves with their GM. Regier stayed to long. Likely making the same mistake w/Whaley. But if Whaleys position is the talent is here, let me hire the coach. I can see them giving him one more year. If they can fix the d they can make the playoffs. Going to really know what ownerships intentions are once they decide on tyrod. If they bring him back Ill take that as them wanting to win now. If they cut him with no reasonable alternative, then my sense is tank 2 has begun. QB class looks good in 2018 based on what Ive seen. 2017 will clarify the college QB issue. Obviously alot can happen between now and the 2018 draft.

No kidding. If you ain't first, you're dysfunctional.

Where is the book? How to run a Sports franchise.

Edited by horned dogs

Two interviews given by the Pegulas as to why Rex was let go. Both came out after the news conference today.

If you don't need information, it bodes the question why are you on a blog, just to irritate people? I expect decent PR information, a sense that the staff left in place can handle the communication to the fans how they will proceed. I don't expect well I wasn't there. Why do I need to know that, the owner asked me to accept what he said. How about this famous line, "What difference does it make now" Keep the blinders, i chose to decide wether or not my entertainment money continues to funnel through the NFL. If i decide no Bills, then it will also be no NFL!

No kidding. If you ain't first, you're dysfunctional.

Where is the book? How to run a Sports franchise.

There isnt a book. Thats why its hard. They are going to make mistakes. Franchises with the same owner for forty years screw up. Exactly what is your point?

Whaley has been around since 2010, how much time does he need to get us to the playoffs?

Two interviews given by the Pegulas as to why Rex was let go. Both came out after the news conference today.

Yeah, they got embarrassed on national news.

There isnt a book. Thats why its hard. They are going to make mistakes. Franchises with the same owner for forty years screw up. Exactly what is your point?

The point is the Bills screw up in colossal fashion. Please read this carefully, No other professional sport franchise playing today has not been to the playoffs as long as the Buffalo Bills. What were you doing 17 years ago? I was eating my Flutie Flakes!