Pegula's do not know how to run a football team

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realize that all owners have to hire the "Football People"...right? They're the owners..even if they hire "Football People" to make "Football" Decisions" then they're making the decision on the "Football People" to hire...

They have now chosen Whaley as their "Football Person"

No they haven't, they chose Kim and Terry Pegula to make the top decisions of their franchise. They didn't consult their "football guy".

It's pretty clear the pegulas realized Rex was a mistake on many levels. It should also be clear that Rex wasn't Whaley's first choice. I'm sure Rex's philosophy was consistent with whaley's so they could work together. By letting Whaley call the shot this time, they've owned up to the mistake internally. Whether they own up publicly is another matter.

Thanks for saving the team. Now get out of the f'n way. This is ridiculous. They should have zero say in hiring the coach if they knew what was good for them.

It's very disappointing that they didn't have enough wherewithal to know that the football people should make the decisions to hire football people.

But they learned from it and pulled the plug on Rex right away and handed the keys to Whaley to hire the next coach. You have to at least appreciate that.

No they haven't, they chose Kim and Terry Pegula to make the top decisions of their franchise. They didn't consult their "football guy".

Everyone in the organization has said that Whaley is in charge of hiring the next coach...so..it seems like they are?

I really don't expect the Pegula's to know how to run a football team; I do expect them to know how to own one. I expect them to have the knowledge of corporate structure necessary to turn out an efficient and effective support system for the football operations, a system that will lead to a successful football effort.

They are far from meeting my expectations.

I really don't expect the Pegula's to know how to run a football team; I do expect them to know how to own one. I expect them to have the knowledge of corporate structure necessary to turn out an efficient and effective support system for the football operations, a system that will lead to a successful football effort.

They are far from meeting my expectations.

You would think the NFL would have vetted them properly. Maybe this is why they over paid for the team. Didn't want the NFL looking into their flaws. Money talks.

This is new to me as a structure. Pegula's have Whaley as GM. Committee of Pegula's, Brandon and Whaley hire Rex Ryan. Only Pegula's make decision to fire Rex Ryan. Rex Ryan only reported to Terry Pegula. Whaley only reported to Terry Pegula. In all this change only Interm coach and now Whaley has press conference. We only get a simple statement from Pegula's on Rex's termination. This is DYSFUNCTION! You need a command line in leadership with full accountability. The Bills use some type of committee decisions that shield ownership. This will not work!!!! Whaley doesn't seem to care he is just a puppet in this organization. This is even worse than I thought it would be. I am not sure I want to be a follower of this owners teams. This is a Tyrant!

Yikes, what we see is the tip of the iceberg. Maybe not even that much. We have virtually no idea what's actually happening at OBD. We have no idea how well they're doing their due diligence We have little idea how much authority Whaley has (or deserves). We have zero knowledge of their motivations. We do know a few things about the org chart but not enough to draw any sweeping conclusions.

This is new to me as a structure. Pegula's have Whaley as GM. Committee of Pegula's, Brandon and Whaley hire Rex Ryan. Only Pegula's make decision to fire Rex Ryan. Rex Ryan only reported to Terry Pegula. Whaley only reported to Terry Pegula. In all this change only Interm coach and now Whaley has press conference. We only get a simple statement from Pegula's on Rex's termination. This is DYSFUNCTION! You need a command line in leadership with full accountability. The Bills use some type of committee decisions that shield ownership. This will not work!!!! Whaley doesn't seem to care he is just a puppet in this organization. This is even worse than I thought it would be. I am not sure I want to be a follower of this owners teams. This is a Tyrant!

There is a difference between ownership and leadership. The owners owe you nothing. The GM and coaches need to be good leaders. They hired the wrong coach and that's on them. They have owned the team for a little over two years and they kept the franchise from moving. I would rather have a mediocre team that stays in Buffalo than a good one that moves to LA or Toronto. Get a grip.

Yikes, what we see is the tip of the iceberg. Maybe not even that much. We have virtually no idea what's actually happening at OBD. We have no idea how well they're doing their due diligence We have little idea how much authority Whaley has (or deserves). We have zero knowledge of their motivations. We do know a few things about the org chart but not enough to draw any sweeping conclusions.

Baffling isn't it. Then they will ask you very soon to hand over a check for season tickets with probably another ticket increase.

So you're saying you're not a civil engineer then?

(couldn't resist)

:thumbsup:

Sending your GM out there absolutely clueless about why the head coach was fired is embarrassing.

He's the GM. He should know.

He was fired because his vaunted D sucked. What else is there to know?...................I don't remember, and maybe I've got a bad memory on this - but do other teams come out and detail WHY they would fire their coach? All I ever remember is "we decided to go in another direction and we wish him well."

You're exaggerating. It's not difficult to understand exactly what is happening. The issue is public relations and Whaley is a trainwreck in front of a mic. That doesn't mean the entire organization is dysfunctional.

Different teams have different reporting structures. Jerry Jones has done pretty well as an owner being hands on and having coaches report to him. Robert Kraft hired Bill Belichick.

Jones is unique in the Al Davis way of also being the GM.

Kraft/Belichick is a good example as well. I can't think of any coach of that stature that doesn't report to the owner. The Peytons, Reids, and Harbaughs of the world.

Terry, tear down the FO and get this team in order. The Ralph regime has hindered this club for years. It's time to change. Time to cut ties with the people who keep their jobs and don't produce.

😆

I would start with Chuck Lester

You're exaggerating. It's not difficult to understand exactly what is happening. The issue is public relations and Whaley is a trainwreck in front of a mic. That doesn't mean the entire organization is dysfunctional.

Maybe 2 coaches in 3 years, record trending downward (9-7 to 7-9), needing a franchise qb still, 17 years without going to playoffs, Owner firing HC, not GM, then saying GM will make decisions going forward but we have to agree. REALLY!