Pegula's do not know how to run a football team

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your 62 years old, I am 51. The last time Bills were in the playoffs was before 9/11, before I moved to Iowa and left Rochester NY, Clinton was in office. That is a long time ago. Pegulas want a reset, I can give them a few years but they are on their 3rd coach already. The way I see them finishing this year is by firing a HC with a week left, benching the starting QB and giving the least experienced coordinator the interim HC position. Arguably they played one of the most embarrassing games they have played since Pegulas have own the team. They are no where for the end of year press conference after all this happens and their GM has no idea what happened leading up to todays press conference. That doesn't come across as if they have a idea where to take this team, crazy me. I still want to be breathing when they get to the playoffs and not in depends, crazy me!

Agreed. The Pegula's are business people. Terry had to have a vision on his fracking business. Football while it is a sport, it is also a business and the owners should have a vision on what they want their team to be. If their vision is to beat the Patriots and be the best in the AFC East, then they need to build the Bills into a team that can do that.

Agreed. The Pegula's are business people. Terry had to have a vision on his fracking business. Football while it is a sport, it is also a business and the owners should have a vision on what they want their team to be. If their vision is to beat the Patriots and be the best in the AFC East, then they need to build the Bills into a team that can do that.

Better said then me, :thumbsup:

Different teams have different reporting structures. Jerry Jones has done pretty well as an owner being hands on and having coaches report to him. Robert Kraft hired Bill Belichick.

Oh, but he hasn't! How many years of futility have the Cowboys seen with Jerry as GM? They last won a SB in 1995 and have been to the playoffs 8 times in the last 20 years under 5 different Head coaches and in every instance, it's usually one game and done.

Now recently Jerry has been allowing his sons to help him make decisions like taking an OG in the first round of the draft when Jerry wanted to draft Johnny football and then he went on to complain about not getting his way for a year.

You know what both Robert Kraft and Jerry Jones have in common? They both hired Bill Parcells to coach their team, to pick his brain on who to hire as his replacement and setup a proper coaching structure.

The real problem with this team is the people that helped the late owner Ralph Wilson run his team to make a profit above all else are still with the team and basically have advised these new owners that they don't need a Bill Parcells at all! Because they are there and they want to continue to stay in power.

The closest thing Terry Pegula has guiding him in the NFL is an ex-baseball / marketing guy who has made mistake after mistake in the football operations since Marv Levy retired in 2007. And even recently he led the searches for the last few head coaches and was directly involved with the hiring of Rex Ryan as was his yes man, Doug Whaley. Now this year Whaley is supposedly leading the coaching search with the owners having the last word in who gets hired. Now, who do you suppose they will consult with on who to hire? Yeah! Nothing has changed!

I listened tonight to the press conference on demand on GR's app....................What the hell. I must live in another universe - if people think it's Whaley coming off looking bad and not the jerks at the BN. Over and over with the same questions. How he kept calm and collected, I don't know.

Then, to show how much the media influences everybody, Bulldog started his show (listened also to this stuff on the app) kind of skeptical that it was that it was really bad that as they were making it out on twitter, because he had listened to part live.

Then, I listened to the last part of his show, because Sal was coming on to talk about his interview with Kim, and now Bulldog was in the whole tire fire mode. BN writers tweet this, people on twitter believe it without listening, call into Bulldog and then he's a different person in the three hours in between the two things I listened to...............He's pretty pliable with Schopp, too, so it figures.

The Pegulas Need HELP... I'd love to see Polian come back as a consultant... Whaley would never stand for it, though... If they don't seek someone out, this drought will almost certainly hit 20 years...

He tried! The thing is when Polian was asked by the media how he would start to fix the Bills Polian stated he would start by bringing in ex-Bills director of player personnel and ex-GM of the Chargers AJ Smith. Which meant Whaley would be gone. You can imagine what uproar this caused between Whaley and Brandon now scrambling to make sure they save their jobs.

Later when Marrone walked away he told Polian going back to Buffalo was a waste of time on his way out the door because the people in the Bills FO have been backstabbing him.

Right now they only people that this owner wants to listen to are Brandon, Whaley. The NFL even advised hiring a senior NFL football man to help them run the football side of the team and Terry didn't listen because Brandon is dug in like an Alabama tick

The owner is on the hook for paying the coach his ENTIRE contract, not the GM. So of course the owner is the guy with ALL the say because he's going to be paying Rex Ryan $15,000,000.00 over the next 3 seasons to not coach his football team.

The owner is also on the hook for the players guaranteed money. Should he have "all the say" on what players we sign and draft? Does the buck really need to stop at Terry's feet when deciding what FA's to pursue?

I thought the huge positive of new ownership was that the Pegulas were going to "open the checkbook," for the football people to get what they want and need. It sounds more like they're going to open the checkbook for who they like and football people be damned.

Edited by FireChan