Why the Pegula hate?

I don't live in Buffalo and I don't follow the Sabres as closely as the Bills. i don't understand where the Pegual hate is coming from? Is there more to the story than just the current state of each team? The Sabres successfully complteted the tank and look on the rise - thwarted by injuries to their three best players. Pegs missed on Rex but that probably has more ot do with having too much faith in Brandon the Circus Clown. Looks like he has moved correctly moved the GM into the top power position. You can argue he should dump Whaley too, but the best coordinators are available to interview this week. It is unlikely he could have signed a top GM so quickly.

Again is there more to the hate?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't live in Buffalo and I don't follow the Sabres as closely as the Bills. i don't understand where the Pegual hate is coming from? Is there more to the story than just the current state of each team? The Sabres successfully complteted the tank and look on the rise - thwarted by injuries to their three best players. Pegs missed on Rex but that probably has more ot do with having too much faith in Brandon the Circus Clown. Looks like he has moved correctly moved the GM into the top power position. You can argue he should dump Whaley too, but the best coordinators are available to interview this week. It is unlikely he could have signed a top GM so quickly.

Some of it is personal

Some of it is the makeup of Bills Fans

No, I don't think there is more to it beyond the way in which he has run the Sabres and Bills to date.

Nothing more to the hate at all, the minute he cleans house of all Ralph's trash, everything will be copacetic.

No hate here at all. It takes some time, and some silly people don't get that. They may or may not get it right, but the Bills remain in WNY. Nothing but love from me at this point. Ignore the whining peeps.

It's that "hateful" time of year for us Bills fans... Hate is all we're left with following season after disappointing season... The bastards can't even offer us any HOPE, dammit. :cry:

It takes hateful people to have a "hateful time of year". Try harder and smile more. :)

No hate here at all. It takes some time, and some silly people don't get that. They may or may not get it right, but the Bills remain in WNY. Nothing but love from me at this point. Ignore the whining peeps.

Silly people as in Buffalo News writers. Them and their core audience, people who take this so seriously it ruins their life.

The Pegulas did our region a huge favor, but after the last few weeks it's hard to see it that way.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I don't get it, either. This is their 2nd full year of ownership of the team. Its going to take some time and they're going to make mistakes along the way, but they seem to be making a genuine effort. If they keep making the same mistakes over and over, yeah, I might join in, but I can't fault them so far.

Owning two professional sports teams is just too much on their plate. Neither the Bills nor the Sabres are getting any better and if I owned these two teams their dubious prospects would seriously affect me.

I don't hate the Pegulas.

Maybe no hate, but serious doubt. They are Billionaires! They are smarter than the average bear and can hire people to get it done. Just get the right people! Too much on the plate? They've made billions which had to include some full plates......

The Pegulas should retain Lynn as HC next year and tank the season for the 2018 draft.

They need a year of breathing room to get their heads together. Professional sports teams have win/loss records and when those win/loss records aren't good (Bills/Sabres) I would imagine that being forced to see that failure every day is a killer.

Another year or two of the Bills and Sabres not improving and the Pegulas might want to sell.

It takes hateful people to have a "hateful time of year". Try harder and smile more. :)

If there was emoji to PEE on your smiley face, I'd employ it right now... FTR, I don't hate the Pegulas..... Yet.... They seem like nice people getting BAD advice, and I HATE IT when nice people get BAD ADVICE! -Oops, there goes that "hate" stuff again. My bad.

Edited by #34fan

Owning two professional sports teams is just too much on their plate. Neither the Bills nor the Sabres are getting any better and if I owned these two teams their dubious prospects would seriously affect me.

I don't hate the Pegulas.

Ridiculous statement IMO. The Pegula have almost nothing to do with the day to day operations of either franchise. They leave that to the likes of the Whaley's and he's a failure no doubt. He could own 6 teams and it wouldn't matter one bit.