Tyrod Haters

DC Grid

Okay, that is fair. That is a ton to give up though for what you hope improves on 26 PPG. If our offense was a disaster I'd probably be cool with it. They aren't though. I'd rather have Tyrod and our next 2 firsts and this year's second than Romo & Watson.

If this make sense I think that the Bills are better with Tyrod Taylor, Jamal Adams, Roderick Johnson and Minkah Fitzpatrick than Romo and Watson. That's the type of thing that we are talking about.

Adams, Johnson and Fitzpatrick aren't going to be the difference between a Super Bowl or not. We've had this discussion before Kirby, and I know your goal is not to back into the postseason but to win a championship. And I'm sorry but Romo is the guy who can play at a high level 3-4 games to get us there and win it. Tyrod can play at a high level for maybe 1 of those games and then falls asleep for 3 Q's. It will never happen. He simply has proven he cannot string good games together. With that in mind, he's worth it.

I would totally do except I dont see Romo playing more than a handful of games due to injury. What about a conditional pick if he plays 15/16 games? Id do that. But a 1st and a 2nd for a QB who is one hit away from retirement? Why?

Yup. 100% agree.

You have to take a shot at a franchise QB when it arises. Everyone said Peyton was one hit away from retirement when Denver paid him.

OK....so if you give up your 1st then your not taking a QB in this next years draft in the first?

Am I missing something?

Quite a bit. I said trade the 2018 first. Not 2017. We take Watson this year.

Edited by FireChan

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A major league team once started a dwarf in the batting lineup. Seeing an NFL QB stand on his tip toes to throw over the middle reminds me of that. TT gets yards because no one can see him run. The dwarf gets on base because he has no strike zone.

Cardale actually looked really good. Already he's talking too many hits. Don't go to Lynn. Running the read-option with a QB who's fatter than Sheldon Richardson should tell you a lot.

Coughlin, Cardale, McCoy and Watkins will be perfect for each other. Sign Gilmore, draft a MLB. That's the problem with the safeties, the browns can't stop the runs.

1Q and Cardale looked real good???? He was terrible until he hit a wide open receiver (after Revis fell).

And really you want a 70 yo coaching who was lousy since his last SB?

Please no......

A major league team once started a dwarf in the batting lineup. Seeing an NFL QB stand on his tip toes to throw over the middle reminds me of that. TT gets yards because no one can see him run. The dwarf gets on base because he has no strike zone.

Cardale actually looked really good. Already he's talking too many hits. Don't go to Lynn. Running the read-option with a QB who's fatter than Sheldon Richardson should tell you a lot.

Coughlin, Cardale, McCoy and Watkins will be perfect for each other. Sign Gilmore, draft a MLB. That's the problem with the safeties, the browns can't stop the runs.

Taylor is taller than Drew Brees.

Adams, Johnson and Fitzpatrick aren't going to be the difference between a Super Bowl or not. We've had this discussion before Kirby, and I know your goal is not to back into the postseason but to win a championship. And I'm sorry but Romo is the guy who can play at a high level 3-4 games to get us there and win it. Tyrod can play at a high level for maybe 1 of those games and then falls asleep for 3 Q's. It will never happen. He simply has proven he cannot string good games together. With that in mind, he's worth it.

I actually agree that Romo is the best chance at a Super Bowl. He also has a TON of question marks. He much, much, much more likely to never play effectively again as he is to win a Super Bowl. It's basically a Hail Mary. It's so low percentage but possible. I'm not willing to forsake everything for the 2% chance that Romo comes, healthy, plays at an MVP level AND the defense comes back to a top 10 unit. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Trade for Romo, draft Watson and roll with Cardale. There's no downside.

Romo won't make it through the season without a serious upgrade to the o-line. Trading for him will cost draft picks that the Bills need so bad.

What are you trading to get up to Watson, because he's likely to go before the Bills pick? Trading up will deplete draft picks that the Bills need so bad.

If you go with Watson (because I'm presuming that Romo will get injured early) then why is he a better option thanTyrod? He's basically the same player who has zero NFL experience. Cardale isn't close to being ready, and he won't be close by the end of next season.

Your plan is equivalent to blowing up next season. Keeping Taylor and drafting his replacement is a better option for next season. Upgrading the defense and not losing 4 games to the Dolphins and Jets would be a better plan.

He's an inadequate passer who manages to balance out a bit of that with his legs and play-making ability. The problem is that he isn't consistent, and doesn't string together drives often enough. A massive percentage of the Bills scores were on quick strike long plays. Because of that (read short offensive possessions) it leaves the defense out on the field far too long and too often. If Tyrod is a guy who requires strong defensive performances to win consistently, he does a lousy job of setting his defense up for success. Add to that his great difficulty (read: near inability) to lead his team back from behind...

Time to move on.

We will agree to disagree. I do appreciate your passion.

Ive been tossing around the idea of Romo on the Bills for the reason that he could be a great player/coach mentor to a high quality rookie. His handling of the Prescott situation in Dallas showed nothing but class and leadership

I actually agree that Romo is the best chance at a Super Bowl. He also has a TON of question marks. He much, much, much more likely to never play effectively again as he is to win a Super Bowl. It's basically a Hail Mary. It's so low percentage but possible. I'm not willing to forsake everything for the 2% chance that Romo comes, healthy, plays at an MVP level AND the defense comes back to a top 10 unit.

He looked okay today.

I'm not saying it's not risky. It is. But God damnit after 17 years, let's take some risks. Let's go for a guy with question marks who we KNOW can play at a high level. None of this 3rd or 4th best QB prospect developmental crap. It's just as low percentage and it's boring. Let's go for it all. The talent on this team isn't gonna get that much better.

That and you know lots of defenses look way better playing with a lead. Let's grab the QB who can give us one. This roster, as is in 2016, is 12-4 at worst with a Romo at QB all year. It's a no brainer.

Whaley loves risky but high potential moves. Now's not the time to get gun shy. It was the right move for a Denver team with a peaking talent level and it's the right move for us.

You have to take a shot at a franchise QB when it arises. Everyone said Peyton was one hit away from retirement when Denver paid him.

If we got Romo i would be excited. But the risk is crazy. Just dont see him starting more than 8-10 games

Only sorta relevant, but there was one Whaley/QB-related irony today: whereas Whaley was able to showcase Manuel against one of the very worst teams in the league only to see him completely flop, Matt Cassel led the Titans to victory (with middling-but-not-horrible numbers) versus a good defense (Houston's). Don't get me wrong -- Cassel sucks. Just pointing out the irony. Not a good day for Doug ...

Edited by dave mcbride

We will agree to disagree. I do appreciate your passion.

Which is fine. It's not as though either of us has the ability to influence the decision anyway.

I would encourage you to look at Taylor's numbers as relates to 3rd down conversions, 3rd down conversions on long situations, 3 and outs, and yards per attempt, however.

Romo won't make it through the season without a serious upgrade to the o-line. Trading for him will cost draft picks that the Bills need so bad.

What are you trading to get up to Watson, because he's likely to go before the Bills pick? Trading up will deplete draft picks that the Bills need so bad.

If you go with Watson (because I'm presuming that Romo will get injured early) then why is he a better option thanTyrod? He's basically the same player who has zero NFL experience. Cardale isn't close to being ready, and he won't be close by the end of next season.

Your plan is equivalent to blowing up next season. Keeping Taylor and drafting his replacement is a better option for next season. Upgrading the defense and not losing 4 games to the Dolphins and Jets would be a better plan.

We don't need draft picks. This team is peaking in talent. We need a QB.

Watson doesn't cost nearly as much against the cap. No way we can carry Romo's salary and TT's. But you get Watson, a 1st round talent, waiting in the wing for the future in the next year or 2 if Romo hangs them up that soon.

Your plan is to stay the course and hope this team is all-around leagues better around TT next year. It won't be. We're peaking. The time is now. We won't get 21 guys at their positions who could win a SB with TT at the helm. It's a waste of time.

Edited by FireChan

If we got Romo i would be excited. But the risk is crazy. Just dont see him starting more than 8-10 games

Jerry Jones is not trading one of his favorite players to a place he regards as the equivalent of Siberia. There is a ZERO percent chance Romo is on the Bills next year.

OK....but why would Dallas even do that?

We don't need draft picks. This team is peaking in talent. We need a QB.

Watson doesn't cost nearly as much against the cap. No way we can carry Romo's salary and TT's. But you get Watson, a 1st round talent, waiting in the wing for the future in the next year or 2 if Romo hangs them up that soon.

Your plan is to stay the course and hope this team is all-around leagues better around TT next year. It won't be. We're peaking. The time is now. We won't get 21 guys at their positions who could win a SB with TT at the helm. It's a waste of time.

The talent on this team, especially on the defensive side, is wildly overrated by many fans. The Bills' defensive talent falls in the middle of the nfl spectrum at best. Look at, say, Tampa and tell me Buffalo has better talent than them. They don't. Edited by dave mcbride

Only sorta relevant, but there was one Whaley/QB-related irony today: whereas Whaley was able to showcase Manuel against one of the very worst teams in the league only to see him completely flop, Matt Cassel led the Titans to victory (with middling-but-not-horrible numbers) versus a good defense (Houston's). Don't get me wrong -- Cassel sucks. Just pointing out the irony. Not a good day for Doug ...

And EJ didn't JUST have a bad day.

He had a bad day a week after the offense put up a team record 590 yards.

Which is fine. It's not as though either of us has the ability to influence the decision anyway.

I would encourage you to look at Taylor's numbers as relates to 3rd down conversions, 3rd down conversions on long situations, 3 and outs, and yards per attempt, however.

Those are things he needs to work on. But without any definitive alternatives right now, I still believe TT is out best option. I do not want to go into next season with a quarterback situation like we had in 2014 the ked us to make Kyle Orton our starter.