Tyrod Haters

DC Grid

OK....but why would Dallas even do that?

For a first and second round pick? Why does anybody do anything John?

The talent on this team, especially on the defensive side, is wildly overrated by many fans. The Bills' defensive talent falls in the middle of the nfl spectrum at best. Look at, say, Tampa and tell me Buffalo has better talent than them. They don't.

Overrated, maybe. But it's still peaking. Hughes isn't a spring chicken. Kyle is on his way out. Gilmore's contract is up. Graham is on his way out. Then on offense Incognito, Wood, Woods.

Do you think we'll draft enough players in the next draft or 2 that will play to these guy's levels? The answer is no. We are on the tail end of a talent peak. And we need to make a run.

With all of our draft picks, the Bills will be a worse team in the next 2 seasons. We've reached the point in the talent pool where you start losing cheap drafted talent and guys get old.

Edited by FireChan

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You pick up Tyrod's option if you don't have someone better ready. Right now there isn't anybody better ready. Romo and draft pick or some other combinations is fine, but if it doesn't come together Tyrod plays. You don't make an entire season like this week on purpose and you don't tank when you are close to the playoffs. Beating Fish and Jets and we were in the playoffs...We are not far off, and while we need to get a franchise QB we don't need to try to do it with the 2018 first pick in the whole draft.

We don't need draft picks. This team is peaking in talent. We need a QB.

Watson doesn't cost nearly as much against the cap. No way we can carry Romo's salary and TT's. But you get Watson, a 1st round talent, waiting in the wing for the future in the next year or 2 if Romo hangs them up that soon.

Your plan is to stay the course and hope this team is all-around leagues better around TT next year. It won't be. We're peaking. The time is now. We won't get 21 guys at their positions who could win a SB with TT at the helm. It's a waste of time.

Peaking in talent? They need three offensive linemen and two safeties. I'd say they need another tight end and wide receiver too. A true nose tackle would be nice. All that presumes that Lawson and Ragland play well next year and they keep Gilmore and KWilliams can still keep up his play. Aside from that, you're saying that Tyrod is holding them back?

Jerry Jones is not trading one of his favorite players to a place he regards as the equivalent of Siberia. There is a ZERO percent chance Romo is on the Bills next year.

Yeah I think a key aspect that fans forget is that if you want to get a franchise type QB in his twilight years to join your team you first want to make that team appear attractive.

Denver got to the playoffs with Tebow......a hopeless cause as a franchise QB......but it made them an attractive destination for Peyton Manning.

Peaking in talent? They need three offensive linemen and two safeties. I'd say they need another tight end and wide receiver too. A true nose tackle would be nice. All that presumes that Lawson and Ragland play well next year and they keep Gilmore and KWilliams can still keep up his play. Aside from that, you're saying that Tyrod is holding them back?

Great. All last season we needed Mario's replacement, RT, Kyle's replacement, 2 safeties, another TE and WR. Did we get them? What happens the year after when Wood rand Incognito retires? Shove two new rookies there at best?

We're getting worse. It's undeniable.

Edited by FireChan

For a first and second round pick? Why does anybody do anything John?

Overrated, maybe. But it's still peaking. Hughes isn't a spring chicken. Kyle is on his way out. Gilmore's contract is up. Graham is on his way out. Then on offense Incognito, Wood, Woods.

Do you think we'll draft enough players in the next draft or 2 that will play to these guy's levels? The answer is no. We are on the tail end of a talent peak. And we need to make a run.

With all of our draft picks, the Bills will be a worse team in the next 2 seasons. We've reached the point in the talent pool where you start losing cheap drafted talent and guys get old.

Which is why you purge NOW

Yeah I think a key aspect that fans forget is that if you want to get a franchise type QB in his twilight years to join your team you first want to make that team appear attractive.

Denver got to the playoffs with Tebow......a hopeless cause as a franchise QB......but it made them an attractive destination for Peyton Manning.

Belichhick screws over his players with trades to nfl siberias all the time - bledsoe, seymour, collins. That ain't how Jerry rolls.

Great. All last season we needed a RT, Kyle's replacement, 2 safeties, another TE and WR. Did we get them?

I was mainly responding to your statement that the Bills can better use their draft picks to go get Romo and Watson. I disagree.

I also want to make it clear that I don't particularly like Tyrod's style of play and I don't want to see Watson because he will be a younger version of a QB style that I hate. But even so, with Tyrod under center, the Bills put up points and can continue to do so next year and the following year. I think they should keep him, use him as a bridge or see him improve, and improve the rest of the pieces which need to be improved.

Great. All last season we needed Mario's replacement, RT, Kyle's replacement, 2 safeties, another TE and WR. Did we get them? What happens the year after when Wood rand Incognito retires? Shove two new rookies there at best?

Kyles replacement already on the Roster and young

More TEs needed? we dont use the ones we have

Marios replacement is on the roster and young

This team isnt as bad as made out to be. Switch the scheme of the defense and watch (Will it be top 4 probably not) but back in the right scheme you will see as rapid of an improvement as you did see regression to Rex's scheme

1Q and Cardale looked real good???? He was terrible until he hit a wide open receiver (after Revis fell).

And really you want a 70 yo coaching who was lousy since his last SB?

Please no......

Cardale was awesome. Offense finally started driving. Progressions, anticipating routes, standing in pocket, getting first downs. That quarter was the best QB play from the Bills this year.

Coughlin can do it. He'll be the first balanced coach who knows both sides of the ball. We're not asking him to line up. We're asking him to teach. Vermeil did it twice and was older.

If Tyrod is your QB you don't have to worry about Wood and Incognito because they are replaceable with lesser, cheaper players.

You read some of my posts, do you remember me laughing at Vic Carucci lamenting the loss of Eric Wood in the Seattle game?

Accept it as fact.......Tyrod and the active run system make that interior OL look A LOT better than it is.

Ryan Groy is NOT a good NFL player.

He looks fine in this system with Tyrod behind him.

This team isnt as bad as made out to be. Switch the scheme of the defense and watch (Will it be top 4 probably not) but back in the right scheme you will see as rapid of an improvement as you did see regression to Rex's scheme

I 100% agree with this. It's amazing to me how poor the scheme was. It neutralized talent. They may not be elite again but can be average - good pretty easily.

Yes, swap them out and no one would know the difference. :lol: Shaq is well on his way to multiple All-Pro considerations after his incredible rookie year!

I'm not saying this team is bad. I'm saying this team is on the decline and has been since 2014. And that's why you make a run with a real QB now. Because we're an unlucky draft away from being back to the 6-10 at best cellar.

Cardale was awesome. Offense finally started driving. Progressions, anticipating routes, standing in pocket, getting first downs. That quarter was the best QB play from the Bills this year.

Coughlin can do it. He'll be the first balanced coach who knows both sides of the ball. We're not asking him to line up. We're asking him to teach. Vermeil did it twice and was older.

Um no he really wasnt

Those are things he needs to work on. But without any definitive alternatives right now, I still believe TT is out best option. I do not want to go into next season with a quarterback situation like we had in 2014 the ked us to make Kyle Orton our starter.

This team has 10-11 wins with Orton this season.

If Tyrod is your QB you don't have to worry about Wood and Incognito because they are replaceable with lesser, cheaper players.

You read some of my posts, do you remember me laughing at Vic Carucci lamenting the loss of Eric Wood in the Seattle game?

Accept it as fact.......Tyrod and the active run system make that interior OL look A LOT better than it is.

Ryan Groy is NOT a good NFL player.

He looks fine in this system with Tyrod behind him.

I read them and I agree. I weigh that against Tyrod's deficiencies and real QB is still a better option, IMO. Groy and Wood were almost interchangeable though, fair point.

He is NOT good enough to make a SB run. TT will back us into the postseason at best, and then get boa constricted by the first real defense that actually schemes against him. It will be an agonizing death that we will die over 3 and 1/2 Q's.

Edited by FireChan

I 100% agree with this. It's amazing to me how poor the scheme was. It neutralized talent. They may not be elite again but can be average - good pretty easily.

Yep and although I would always go QB in round one........if it's only based on the quality of positions in the draft..........they are likely to be going heavy on D in this draft so they should be able to get more help if they let it fall to them.

Nice crop of DB's coming out and some intriguing 1 gap edge rusher fits.

IMHO, the only good thing REX did at Buffalo was bringing in TT. I favor his retention. This franchise is seriously disfunctional, and I don't doubt they could make a bad decision wrt to Tyrod. TT will come out OK, however, he will start somewhere in the NFL next year, and make his 15-20mil/year.