Coughlin Interviewing in Jacksonville Today per Schefter

26CornerBlitz

The Jaguars play in a weak division, including games against the AFC North and NFC West in 2017.

Coughlin could take over a young defensive unit with tremendous potential. All they need is a quality DC and someone to untilize Bortles talents. Coughlin would be dumb to take the Bills job over the Jags position.

Edited by KollegeStudnet

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that everyone always thinks these would-be head coaches, with all their infinite egos, are going to be picky at all?

These guys want a head coaching job. They're not going to turn it down because of a schedule, that's ridiculous.

If one did, I wouldn't want them anyway. They should believe they can come in and make it a winning environment

The Bills job Is NOT attractive at all. With its current roster and all it's questions to answer, the Bills job will be a hard pressed one.

The 2017 schedule has them not only playing the Pats twice and Miami twice, but.....

Oakland

Denver

Kansas City

San Diego

Carolina

Atlanta

New Orleans

Tampa Bay

Bills could go 2-14 and could be 18 YEARS

Doomed!

I remember last year when playing the AFC North and the NFC West in 2016 was going to be brutal.

Ended up doing ok at 5-3.

The Bills job Is NOT attractive at all. With its current roster and all it's questions to answer, the Bills job will be a hard pressed one.

The 2017 schedule has them not only playing the Pats twice and Miami twice, but.....

Oakland

Denver

Kansas City

San Diego

Carolina

Atlanta

New Orleans

Tampa Bay

Bills could go 2-14 and could be 18 YEARS

Doomed!

7th in offensive scoring

Defense misused all year

will probably finish 8-8

Yeah....I think they might be attractive

If one did, I wouldn't want them anyway. They should believe they can come in and make it a winning environment

I remember last year when playing the AFC North and the NFC West in 2016 was going to be brutal.

People post something similar every year once the schedule is known.

Man, you're really going down with the Rex train. Personally, I would hang my hat on someone else besides a sub .500 coach.

You mean the most successful Bills coach in the past 17 years and was only given LESS than two years even with all of the injuries etc.

In any event, forget Rex for the moment. If you are a hot HC candidate and have options, one understandably would have huge concerns when the former coach (whoever that was) was only given LESS than two years, the GM undermined him with ownership and presumably with leaks to the media (or someone from the FO did) and even though there was a depth of injuries and a bottom half QB.

Again, forget about Rex, I you are someone in demand, you would want to make sure that you had more than two years - especially with all of the injuries etc. and bottom half QB - and would want to make sure that the GM (or others in the FO) are not going to undermine you behind your back.

7th in offensive scoring

Defense misused all year

will probably finish 8-8

Yeah....I think they might be attractive

True. My only thing is it's not attractive as the Jags job. Jags defense has more key pieces in place and with quality coaching, could turn the team faster than the Bills job. Edited by KollegeStudnet

Embarrassing if Coughlin chooses the Jags over the Bills. Of course, this is not surprising given how any candidates are likely to view the Bills job given all that has happened with DW etc. - even with a guy as Coughlin who has been desperate to become an NFL coach again.

who said he has a choice, have the Bills interviewed him?

He still owned a house down there, at least a few years back anyway.

I hadn't heard, is Doug being interviewed?

Lol except the Jags were his first NFL HC gig and he got them into a playoff team I think year 2 of their existence... so he may think he could turn them around easier.. and it's a hell of a lot warmer in Florida!

You mean the most successful Bills coach in the past 17 years and was only given LESS than two years even with all of the injuries etc.

In any event, forget Rex for the moment. If you are a hot HC candidate and have options, one understandably would have huge concerns when the former coach (whoever that was) was only given LESS than two years, the GM undermined him with ownership and presumably with leaks to the media (or someone from the FO did) and even though there was a depth of injuries and a bottom half QB.

Again, forget about Rex, I you are someone in demand, you would want to make sure that you had more than two years - especially with all of the injuries etc. and bottom half QB - and would want to make sure that the GM (or others in the FO) are not going to undermine you behind your back.

To back you up more 3 HC In 6 years! That's a lot the Phins if you count Campbell have had 4 since 2008.

Exactly every year people make a big deal out of this and by this time next year everything will be different.

Coaches are also smart and with big egos, and have heard all the rubbish coming out of Rex so not likely any of them are surprised he was fired and they all figure they'd never have these same issues themselves. Likely everything you list as reasons are identical with every other team too, but you're not following them so don't hear about it.