12-28: Media Day - Anthony Lynn's Presser as HC

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I heard him say was that the decision to sit Tyrod was not his, but the decision to start EJ over Cardale was everyone's decision.

For clarity's sake...

Was EJ your preference?

EJ was next man in line we have a depth chart there and it's Tyrod EJ and Cardale. EJ was next man up.

So was it your decision?

It was our decision.

He later goes on to say he wasn't in the room when the decision was made.

For clarity's sake...

Was EJ your preference?

EJ was next man in line we have a depth chart there and it's Tyrod EJ and Cardale. EJ was next man up.

So was it your decision?

It was our decision.

That's inaccurate.

Those are two different questions.

He later when on to say he was not in the room when the decision to sit TT was made. Once that decision was made, "EJ was next man up" and "it was our decision" to start EJ. That was it.

For clarity's sake...

Was EJ your preference?

So was it your decision?

It was our decision.

I think his answers were very clear without saying it. Starting EJ was not his idea it was Pegulas and/or Whaley. He would have started TT, he likes TT, he probably wants TT next year and wants to be the Bills head coach. No matter what happened behind the scenes he was not going to badmouthing Rex who gave him two jobs and put him in this position to be a HC, his life dream.

It is odd that we have not heard from Whaley since Rex was fired (unless I missed an interview or other press interaction).

he is scheduled to talk on Monday to address HC search that he is leading. Rex didn't report to him and therefore he didn't fire him, Pegula did. So he shouldn't address the firing... he should address the next step. Pegula put out a statement yesterday on Rex firing.

Obviously - but why do they dangle their interim HC out there and make him own that decision?

No, the reporters were asking tough questions and he was unprepared and bungled his answers. And the FO are jerks for putting him in this position.

It is for this reason no one with a decent reputation in NFL circles will seek this job regardless of what ownership will offer. Buffalo has become NFL Siberia again for coaches. It's where they go to essentially kill their career. Lynn should think about this when he interviews next week.

Giving a good presser is the most important quality in a head coach.

You can give bad ones when you've won consistently in the league. Until then, whether right or not, you need to be good in front of the mic.

All this trying to read between the lines and find a way to "catch" everyone is pointless.

I think the thing that I found most interesting in the interview, is that he CLEARLY has what he considers a better plan to coach up Tyrod. If there was anything surprising to me is that the horde didn't try to follow up and get him to more clearly throw Roman under the bus. Guess it doesn't matter since he's not here anymore, but stills surprised they didn't want that little bit of blood.