Hire Matt Patricia!!!

ROONDOGG55

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Patriots coordinators are not taking Head Coaching jobs in the AFCE to go up against Belichick and Brady twice a year unless it is the perfect opening. Buffalo sure isn't that right now.

True. You begin the season 0-2, which makes even he Wild Card a heavy lift.

Imagine being the Texans. They aren't even any good but they make the playoffs every season.

True. You begin the season 0-2, which makes even he Wild Card a heavy lift.

Imagine being the Texans. They aren't even any good but they make the playoffs every season.

That's true but, these guys are extremely competitive. I guess if that is the real reason I don't want a coach like that.

I think it might have more to do with the past ownership and the two to three year stints coaches have.

Patricia has been immersed in that culture and bellicheats defensive tutelage for years.

He probably wouldn't interview. It's mostly about being in the East with Belichick/Brady without a top tier QB to compete against them. There are other candidates, so not a huge deal. I wouldn't mind McDaniels, couldn't care less about Patricia. He doesn't project the image of a HC imo.

I don't buy the argument of going to the AFC East as a competitor. Obviously Mangini did. Hell BB did it from Jets to Patriots.

They have to know that Brady is not going to last much longer and without Brady so goes BB.

It's not happening. Bills called for McDaniels interview last time and it never happened.

Has one single disciple of Belichick's been successful anywhere else? My only conclusion is that it's gotta be hard to get a new gig and retrofit the visiting team facilities with listening devices.

That's because Patriots underlings don't get to bring Bill Belichick, Ernie Adams, and Tom Brady.

I find the idea interesting but it won't happen.

For those who discount Patricia out of hand because of previous Pats assistants, the logic here applies to coaching too: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/191503-new-jw-tweets-19/?p=4208788 . Avoid heuristics (i.e., mental shortcuts) and actually analyze. Don't take the easy way out and serve up BS arguments based on analogy rather than logic.

Edited by dave mcbride

So, they are not allowed to interview without bellicheats approval? I thought the NFL doesn't allow that with upward moves?

Not what I meant when I said the comment. Basically they can go anywhere, but outside of Mangini they all got BB blessing before taking the job. I doubt he give the blessing for any AFCE team thus they rarely interview with them.

He took one from the Charger's, are we that terrible of an option?

He probably doesn't wake up each morning dreaming of leaving the best run organization in football for arguably the worst, or possibly second worst, depending on how highly you think of Cleveland.

Edited by Fadingpain

Has one single disciple of Belichick's been successful anywhere else? My only conclusion is that it's gotta be hard to get a new gig and retrofit the visiting team facilities with listening devices.

Insay the GM in Atlanta been pretty good as has O'Brien.

Why are we not interviewing him for our head coaching vacancy? He has been part of a winning culture for years and knows bellicheat inside out. Their defense always seems to have our number, along with everyone's number in the league. Is there something I'm missing beside the failures of McDaniels and Mangini?

I would be 1000 more times more interested in him than McCrapniels. This infatuation with McDaniels will never make sense for me. He failed at both of his jobs outside NE...Den and Rams. Brady and the NE offense was just as lethal and didn't miss a beat without him. The offense isnt any better or worse with or without McDaniels, which shows its Brady and BB that make that offense tick, not McDaniels.

Now, I am fully aware that McDaniels could go somewhere and end up being a good HC this time around, I am just saying there is no body of work to suggest he is more than a product of working with Brady and BB his whole career. The offense didn't get better or worse with/without McDaniels and he blew it and got fired at his only 2 jobs not in NE, including doing what he is supposed to be so good at...OC.

Matt on the other hand has gone through countless personnel changes, has been under one of the greatest defensive minds in football history, and always has the NE D ready even when they don't have an overwhelming amount of talent at times on that side of the ball. Plus he hasn't tarnished his name by failing already as a HC.

For those who discount Patricia out of hand because of previous Pats assistants, the logic here applies to coaching too. Avoid heuristics (i.e., mental shortcuts) and actually analyze. Don't take the easy way out and serve up BS arguments based on analogy rather than logic.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/191503-new-jw-tweets-19/?p=4208788

It seems pointless. The Patriots assistants have just not wanted to coach in the AFC East since Mangini. So even if we wanted it we wouldn't get it.

Do you have information that points to them willing to coach in the AFC East recently?

It seems pointless. The Patriots assistants have just not wanted to coach in the AFC East since Mangini. So even if we wanted it we wouldn't get it.

Do you have information that points to them willing to coach in the AFC East recently?

I have no idea about that. My guess is that the assistants listen to BB's advice, and my guess is that he has contempt for the Bills as an organization given the instability and the constant drubbings of them. Mangini is the one guy who didn't listen to his advice.

On an only semi-related note, Romeo Crennel is a better football coach than he's been given credit for. He has done a great job in Houston.

Edited by dave mcbride

Please show me where they said they WOULDN'T?. The fact that they haven't doesn't mean they have a policy or preference against it

I have no idea about that. My guess is that the assistants listen to BB's advice, and my guess is that he has contempt for the Bills as an organization given the instability and the constant drubbings of them. Mangini is the one guy who didn't listen to his advice.

On an only semi-related note, Romeo Crennel is a better football coach than he's been given credit for. He has done a great job in Houston.

There is also a question of fit. The Patriots draft high IQ players as a trait. The Bills look for size/speed/power guys. That's why Bills D and Rex were a mismatch. Bills players could run Seattle scheme as they draft for players in a similar mold.

If we did hire a Patricia or McDaniels we would have a huge purge of players to fit their coaching style.

Please show me where they said they WOULDN'T?. The fact that they haven't doesn't mean they have a policy or preference against it

Well, the Bills requested an interview with McDaniels last time and it never happened. I also didn't notice their names in the Jets and Dolphins recent interviews. I think the burden is on people who think they would want to start their coaching career against Brady and Belichick.