Tyrod Taylor - pick up the option

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May have been mentioned already, but can't they decline to pick up the option then tag him? Then try to work out a more appropriate deal? I know their is a lot of hate Swirling around him, but there are a lot more QB options out there that are worse than TT... and few better while the team continues the search for a longer term solution.

May have been mentioned already, but can't they decline to pick up the option then tag him? Then try to work out a more appropriate deal? I know their is a lot of hate Swirling around him, but there are a lot more QB options out there that are worse than TT... and few better while the team continues the search for a longer term solution.

No they cannot.

The Bills are playing the TT situation as a business move, obviously. It's well within Tyrod's right to play his moves in the best interest of Tyrod. It will appear on the surface that there is friction. In the end, (especially if Lynn is hired as HC)...I'd expect all parties to make nice with each other and TT will remain as the starter. This won't rule out drafting a QB as well as seeing if Cardale can push TT in preseason. Like others have said EJ is auditioning for his future team this weekend.

The team was close to making the playoffs with some defensive stops in crunch time. I don't think they need to blow up the offense unless there is someone appreciably better to replace TT (which i don't see in the short term).

Alright, if thus game has confirmed anything for is its that Tyrod is far and away the best QB we have on the roster.

EJ will be gone.

Maybe you think Cardale will be something eventually, but he absolutely needs at least another season.

Unless you are willing to trade for one year of Romo, there really isn't a lot on the market. So it's trying to draft mid-first round rookie.

Give a year. Bring a guy along slow.

After this game , keep Taylor, try to renegotiate.

The second they drop the contract, Taylor is gone.

Trubisky Watson plan A

Chad Kelly, Davis Webb plan B

a.k.a. tank

Also, if Lynn is the HC and it's a done deal, why the need to "preserve" Tyrod? Just ask your new HC what he thinks about Tyrod.

So they can move up into the Top 10 of this year's draft without trading picks.

Who do you propose is an immediate improvement?

lets wait till the season ends and then evaluate who is out there etc. makes sense to me instead of "who's out there" 2 hours after the last game ends.

The second they drop the contract, Taylor is gone.

a.k.a. tank

So they can move up into the Top 10 of this year's draft without trading picks.

Good!