Tyrod Taylor - pick up the option

http://football-players.pointafter.com/compare/20375-21325/Tyrod-Taylor-vs-Michael-Vick

Here for those that think TT is better then Vick. Make sure you focus on Vicks 10 year mark because that is after the easier passing rule changes.

Now mind you Vick was past his Prime Physical condition at that point.

Onle and i mean ONLY thing TT is better than Vick at is Turnovers.

So i get you like TT but jesus people really

Edited by MAJBobby

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well maybe not at running the football.

But throwing the football, Tyrod is definitely better. Check the stats - Tyrod vs Vick

And somewhere out there is a video where Vick and Tyrod were working out together (years ago when Vick was in NFL) back at Virginia Tech because they are both Hokies. In that video, the people said, Tyrod is a lot like Mike Vick but with a better arm. And the stats and eye test both suggest they are right.

Wrong

Vick played in a different era. He led his team to the NFC championship game in his third year as a starter in the league. With the Eagles he put up better numbers than any season Tyrod Taylor has had with the Bills. What success has Tyrod Taylor had?

I thought I just read in the is thread that Tyrod was Vick with a better arm.

I'm just going to take that as a sign and try not to visit this thread again.

People quickly forget how explosive Vick was as a runner and throwing the ball. The guy had a cannon.

Vick played in a different era. He led his team to the NFC championship game in his third year as a starter in the league. With the Eagles he put up better numbers than any season Tyrod Taylor has had with the Bills. What success has Tyrod Taylor had?

People quickly forget how explosive Vick was as a runner and throwing the ball. The guy had a cannon.

He led comebacks against the Titans and Jags baby !

Vick did things then WRs and RBs cant do now.

And yes had a mich much better arm

I'm no Vick fan, by any means. But the dude had an absolute rifle for an arm (albeit, not Amish). He was a smarter, better and more effective QB than Tyrod Taylor could ever dream of becoming.

http://football-players.pointafter.com/compare/20375-21325/Tyrod-Taylor-vs-Michael-Vick

Here for those that think TT is better then Vick. Make sure you focus on Vicks 10 year mark because that is after the easier passing rule changes.

Now mind you Vick was past his Prime Physical condition at that point.

Onle and i mean ONLY thing TT is better than Vick at is Turnovers.

So i get you like TT but jesus people really

Nice try cherry picker.

Notice Vick's completion percentages were always lower than Tyrods when comparing seasons they both started in. Even in the years since passing got easy according to you. except 1 year - 2010 where he achieved a career high 62.6%

And that was after 8 years as a starter that Vick achieved that. And then he went down hill again right after that. Vick's career average is a whopping 56%. Some passer.

In other words, based on his stats, Vick would rank #31 where Tyrod is ranked 21.

As far as a canon for an arm - Doesn't do you any good if you can't throw that ball with accuracy.

You guys truly are mistaken if you believe that Vick was a better passer than Tyrod. Truly mistaken. You remember what you want to remember because of your blind hatred for Tyrod.

Nice try cherry picker.

Notice Vick's completion percentages were always lower than Tyrods when comparing seasons they both started in. Even in the years since passing got easy according to you. except 1 year - 2010 where he achieved a career high 62.6%

And that was after 8 years as a starter that Vick achieved that. And then he went down hill again right after that. Vick's career average is a whopping 56%. Some passer.

In other words, based on his stats, Vick would rank #31 where Tyrod is ranked 21.

As far as a canon for an arm - Doesn't do you any good if you can't throw that ball with accuracy.

You guys truly are mistaken if you believe that Vick was a better passer than Tyrod. Truly mistaken. You remember what you want to remember because of your blind hatred for Tyrod.

I see we are ignoring eras again.

But hey in that case TT will be a HOFer awesome.

Cause after all if we think completion % is a measure of accuracy and dont take in effect eras TT right on pace with Joe Montana.

Gonna sit there and tell me Montana and Taylor have same accuracy

Edited by MAJBobby

I mean hell next Tyrod Taylor will be better than jim Kelly, John Elway and Joe Montana cause you know 3,000 yards then was a great year. Now its the norm though.

You like to make **** up and put words in people's mouths. Grow up. Nobody said that. Your argument sucks.

For those that cant seem to understand cap and pro-rated bonus

Annual Cap hit = near $16 million

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2016/8/16/12505676/full-tyrod-taylor-annual-contract-breakdowns

Not accurate an accurate breakdown was posted specially the dead money impact Edited by MAJBobby

Agreed. The ability to run is a wonderful extra for a QB, but if that QB doesn't do well with the regular QB stuff then it doesn't really matter.

Define "well." Last year, he was the most accurate for throws of 40 or more yards. He has 37 tds against 12 ints. He's had a QB rating of over 100 in four of his last five games. Numbers aren't everything, but he's in his second year and at some point we have to give a guy a real chance, especially one who has been performing at this level.

First let me point out the ongoing irony on this board.

people here cant help but marry themselves to a guy after a good game or two and wont give up on him then suddenly turn on them as hes run out of buffalo or basically outed as a bust by local media. ie Trint, Mario, SJ, EJ etc

that being said ive been on the fence about taylor never completely blasting him, offering tempered hope at times but now will reveal my official stance on him...

QB attributes I see in Taylor...

arm strength- check

deep ball- check

uses the sideline-married to it but currently separated

uses the middle- FINALLY!

throws with touch- average

accuracy- improves as season continues

throws pics- rarely

fumbles when hit- never

panics and throws ball over head on fourth down- never

uses legs well- best in the league

throws 3 yard passes on third and long- way too often

vocal leader- doesnt need to be, you see how this guy dresses?

Taylor is good, not great, but a weapon at least as good as michael vick was ever imagined to be and now that he is using the middle of the field and his tight-end we see what a tightwad can do when he spends a little cash. I see him actually as a younger more potent version of Flutie. Flutie had a stellar D to work with and got us into the playoffs, Taylor has the "Ryan wrecks" defense.

Flutie left the bills after throwing 3tds and no pics having a 158.3 qbr against the seahawks on dec 23 of 2000 leaving the bills with an 8-8 record in a year where johnson wasted half the season. similarly, Taylor threw 3 tds, and no pics a 115 qbr in possibly his last game in buffalo. I was sad that xmas when Flutie left, I would be sad if Taylor left on the same note.

why wait to start over or get an aging vet when we have a guy in house for decent money whos worse attributes are his reads on third down? that can be fixed by coaching and experience. Andrew Luck he'll never be but Luck will never run like Tightwad and I dont see us drafting 1st overall anytime soon either.

Therefore Ive decided then to make a call to the FO directing them to pick up the option...

Merry xmas everybody.

As fine as Tyrod is, he's not the runner Vick was.

And IMHO, why we should wait is that Tyrod isn't good enough to win a Super Bowl for this team without a defense like the one that helped Dilfer get a championship. Not unless he makes major fundamental improvements that he's shown no sign so far of making.

He doesn't show signs of throwing to guys before he actually sees them get open, he doesn't show the ability to see guys open in the deep and intermediate middle of the field, he misses open guys consistently and doesn't seem able to make much more than two reads on most plays, he doesn't have a good sense of pocket awareness, so he bugs out often when he doesn't have to ... and it goes on.

I don't see those going away, and I don't see us getting lucky enough to win a championship with a QB with those problems.

Define "well." Last year, he was the most accurate for throws of 40 or more yards. He has 37 tds against 12 ints. He's had a QB rating of over 100 in four of his last five games. Numbers aren't everything, but he's in his second year and at some point we have to give a guy a real chance, especially one who has been performing at this level.

We have to give a guy a real chance? What have the last two years been?

I see we are ignoring eras again.

But hey in that case TT will be a HOFer awesome.

Cause after all if we think completion % is a measure of accuracy and dont take in effect eras TT right on pace with Joe Montana.

Gonna sit there and tell me Montana and Taylor have same accuracy

Making **** up again. Nobody said that. Only Bobby did. Bobby but hurt now.

By your own cherry picking year stats:

Vick completion percentages

2011 - 59%

2012 - 58%

2013- 54% (dead last of NFL starters) but it was an easy passing league then

2014 - 52% (dead last of NFL starters) but it was an easy passing league then

2015 - 60% after 5 games where he was then done in the NFL

By your very own cherry picked standards, yes Vick was worse than Tyrod has ever been as a starter. Vick was consistently near the bottom and well below Tyrod even in the easy passing years as you call them.

You guys remember what you want. Vick's passing game sucked. Tyrod is and always has been superior as a passer. Not as a runner.

Do you have something against commas, punctuation and certain words. Jesus.

Does it change the fact?

Dead money is included but some folks dont care to read - would rather post

Read it. Hense the comment about NOT Accurate

Making **** up again. Nobody said that. Only Bobby did. Bobby but hurt now.

By your own cherry picking year stats:

Vick completion percentages

2011 - 59%

2012 - 58%

2013- 54% (dead last of NFL starters) but it was an easy passing league then

2014 - 52% (dead last of NFL starters) but it was an easy passing league then

2015 - 60% after 5 games where he was then done in the NFL

By your very own cherry picked standards, yes Vick was worse than Tyrod has ever been as a starter. Vick was consistently near the bottom and well below Tyrod even in the easy passing years as you call them.

You guys remember what you want. Vick's passing game sucked. Tyrod is and always has been superior as a passer. Not as a runner.

Still ignoring the different era i see

Does it change the fact?

Read it. Hense the comment about NOT Accurate

Still ignoring the different era i see

What era are you talking about - you mentioned that it got easier to pass in Vic's tenth year and beyond- That is what I looked up.