Bills Had Ten Men on the Field on Ajayi's Big OT Run

26CornerBlitz

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

+1

Rex will not be fired on Christmas. I was to get that for Christmas. But, maybe on Boxing Day?

I think it would be more humane to get it done on Christmas Eve. That way he can have Christmas without that looming over his head.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Bill Bellichick is responsible when the Patriots have a back up player on offense who runs the wrong pattern and causes an interception?

Yes, it goes in his resume too potentially. But when your teams are known for being smart, well prepared, disciplined etc... those issues aren't heavy on your resume,

Such bad situational awareness. Honestly I'm pretty sure that I, and probably a few others on this board have could manage a game better. Pretty much anyone who is good at Madden would be. That might sound dumb but it's true.

I used to be an officer in the army. Articles written about our operations by Monday morning quarterbacks were always good for a laugh. Folks pretending to know what they're talking about, with little knowledge of the actual situation or mission, offering up pronouncements on how to do better - the foolish arrogance of it all!

We're all expert at something. We all know what it's like when rank amateurs pretend to know better.

If you think you can manage an actual NFL game better, I think maybe a little holiday cheer has clouded your judgment. Maybe you could if you had years of training and experience. But not right now. It looks easy from the outside, but it's not.

I used to be an officer in the army. Articles written about our operations by Monday morning quarterbacks were always good for a laugh. Folks pretending to know what they're talking about, with little knowledge of the actual situation or mission, offering up pronouncements on how to do better - the foolish arrogance of it all!

We're all expert at something. We all know what it's like when rank amateurs pretend to know better.

If you think you can manage an actual NFL game better, I think maybe a little holiday cheer has clouded your judgment. Maybe you could if you had years of training and experience. But not right now. It looks easy from the outside, but it's not.

but for an experienced head coach, it should be

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/coaches/

When you've got a coach, assistant or someone on the sideline with a clipboard or Gatorade cup and a player not in the 46 in civilian dress and practice squad/ for less than every 2 players suited up- surely someone counts to 11... even with players running on and off... surely...

But nobody here that I am aware of is getting paid $5.5M per season to coach a professional football team. For that chunk of change there are some expectations and qualifications. One of them might be your team is prepared. And on the most important defensive series of the season after a change of possession with several minutes to prepare for the next 1st down play you can't get a full 11 player set out on the field?

Wouldn't you agree that in planning and executing a combat mission that type of lack of detail could get somebody killed?

Prior to the end of the game I was on the fence but willing to give Rex & Co. one more season. But this was the last straw so to speak. I don't feel sorry for him. He'll pocket a cool $16.5M as he rides out of town.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/coaches/

When you've got a coach, assistant or someone on the sideline with a clipboard or Gatorade cup and a player not in the 46 in civilian dress and practice squad/ for less than every 2 players suited up- surely someone counts to 11... even with players running on and off... surely...

Well I didn't see how it was brought up but I imagine the reason he knew at the press conference and could say what happened is because someone on the team knew pretty much in the moment- either on the field or sideline. Otherwise we would've gotten a sock "we will look at the film" type of answer

What's incredible is how much bad press the offense has received, and they lit it up. They knew the Fish were going to run all day and they could not stop it. Other teams did after our first loss.

Then a man coaching for his job makes so many unprepared, illogical decisions, and poor clock management. Terry has to be furious. Please get it over and fire him tomorrow. Let Anthony Lynn finish us off, and then we can choke on this season due to this heartbrKing loss.

This is just Ground Hog Day. Now I know how Bill Murray felt in that movie.

It is bad at the best of times.

When you are in overtime, it is extra bad.

When you are in overtime, and a tie disqualifies you from the playoffs, it is unspeakably bad.

When you are in overtime, and a tie disqualifies from the playoffs, and you are up against a team that has had massive success running the ball, it is "pull your hair out, WTF are they doing bad"

When you are in overtime, and a tie disqualifies from the playoffs, and you are up against a team that has had massive success running the ball, and if you do not get a 3 and out at that moment, and you hang your hat on being a defensive coach, it is "I am walking into a snowy field with a gun and a single bullet" bad.

epically great post .....

Rex was trying to say that it was Gilmore who was not in, and that he was in the concussion protocol. So it's possible that was a problem with his replacement or whomever was calling the defensive groupings, which may or may not have been Rex.

Rex needs to go regardless. This may or may not have been his fault.

He's the head coach, the CEO - it rolls up to him. Yes it's his fault for several reasons.

Yep. And !@#$ing run it twice.

Nobody is talking about it because we ended up scoring on a pass to Clay. But at the end of regulation the Bills only take one shot at the end zone. This put all the pressure on one play. For all the nice stuff they did on offense they also did some very bone headed things, won't even touch on doing a reverse to Bush.

Edited by offsides#76FredSmerlas