It's time to see what Cardale Jones can do

17 Josh Allen

Tyrod played one of his better games today, and he was still below average. Running out of clean pockets (made up for it with a few great scrambles) and throws were off the mark all day. A bunch of dead ducks that would have been incomplete if not for Watkins and Clay being able to dig it out of the dirt. Guy just can't consistently throw the ball at an NFL level

This is complete nonsense saying he was below average. He completed 2/3 of his passes for 329 yards, 8.4 yards an attempt, 3 TDs, no INTs, rushed for 60 averaging 5 yards a run. So for a recap 389 total yards, 3 TDs, no turnovers and drove his team 89 yards to score the go ahead TD with 1:20 to play, below average my arse.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is complete nonsense saying he was below average. He completed 2/3 of his passes for 329 yards, 8.4 yards an attempt, 3 TDs, no INTs, rushed for 60 averaging 5 yards a run. So for a recap 389 total yards, 3 TDs, no turnovers and drove his team 89 yards to score the go ahead TD with 1:20 to play, below average my arse.

Yeah it's just a guy that simply watches ESPN highlights of all these other QBs and thinks all they do is make great throws...doesn't actually watch when they make bad plays or throw mind numbing interceptions Tyrod almost never does...

The only thing below average was that post...actually more like complete rubbish not worthy of reading.

Edited by matter2003

Tyrod played one of his better games today, and he was still below average. Running out of clean pockets (made up for it with a few great scrambles) and throws were off the mark all day. A bunch of dead ducks that would have been incomplete if not for Watkins and Clay being able to dig it out of the dirt. Guy just can't consistently throw the ball at an NFL level

You have to hate Tyrod a ton to post this. He had an awesome game that should have been a win. This is on the defense, not Tyrod or the offense.

Below average? Today?

Cardale is on the roster either way. Tyrod should get one more game to prove himself for next year. He was great today and there is no reason ton shut him down now.

Except for that pesky injury clause in his contract. The Bills are done for the season after next week. No reason NOT to shut down TT. Millions of reasons to shut him down.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Except for that pesky injury clause in his contract. The Bills are done for the season after next week. No reason NOT to shut down TT. Millions of reasons to shut him down.

I get the logic. If they really think Cardale is ready to take a shot and they really think he could be better for us than TT moving forward, sure. I don't think that's the case. I'd rather EJ get the start than thrust Jones in there when he isn't ready.

He played a good game and was above average. No INTs. Several really good deep throws. If they had a defense, this should have been a victory.

I get the logic. If they really think Cardale is ready to take a shot and they really think he could be better for us than TT moving forward, sure. I don't think that's the case. I'd rather EJ get the start than thrust Jones in there when he isn't ready.

EJ will get to play before Jones. NY Jets look like they were going through the motions today against NE. If you play Jones in the second half next week, it will be just like a preseason game. I say wait until next year to play him in game action.

Tyrod has been inconsistent, and if you take issue with that, in general, I get it. But to say he was below average today is not true. He was by far more good than bad in his play today. In our desire for a difference maker at QB some of us are losing our common sense. He played well today and at the same time if they didn't pick up his option there is a case they could make to justify it. Today just wouldn't be part of it.

I think it's time to see what he can do were eliminated it's time to start thinking about our future. A decision will have to be made on Tyrod Taylor if were going to keep him. Even though Tyrod played really well we need to know what we have in Cardale Jones. Comments or Concerns Please

It won't show you anything really. It would be one game either way. If he played well, great. Doesn't mean he will be the answer. If he did not, it wouldn't mean he can't be the future. If they were going to play him and have it mean something they should have started with the Pittsburgh game. We need to see more than a game to get clear picture. They need to see how he prepares and adjusts over multiple games.

They should keep Tyrod, although his inconsistency throughout the season could lead them to opt out of paying him. Jones in one game won't tell you if he can be better next season. Cutler is the best of what's out in FA. Is that better than Tyrod? Not to me. He can be inconsistent too and worse he turns the ball over. Best thing for them to do is play/pay Taylor, continue to develop Jones and draft another guy or two in April.

Edited by purple haze

Below average? Today?

Apparently the poster watches other QB's throw 5 TDs every game with perfect QB ratings...

He must be watching some other league, because if that was below average he isn't watching the NFL

Tyrod has been inconsistent, and if you take issue with that, in general, I get it. But to say he was below average today is not true. He was by far more good than bad in his play today. In our desire for a difference maker at QB some of us are losing our common sense. He played well today and at the same time if they didn't pick up his option there is a case they could make to justify it. Today just wouldn't be part of it.

It won't show you anything really. It would be one game either way. If he played well, great. Doesn't mean he will be the answer. If he did not, it wouldn't mean he can't be the future. If they were going to play him and have it mean something they should have started with the Pittsburgh game. We need to see more than a game to get clear picture. They need to see how he prepares and adjusts over multiple games.

They should keep Tyrod, although his inconsistency throughout the season could lead them to opt out of paying him. Jones in one game won't tell you if he can be better next season. Cutler is the best of what's out in FA. Is that better than Tyrod? Not to me. He can be inconsistent too and worse he turns the ball over. Best thing for them to do is play/pay Taylor, continue to develop Jones and draft another guy or two in April.

More than anything they need to see what happens after the first 4 games when teams have tape on him and can scheme against what they see...look what happened to Wentz when that happened...he fell off a cliff for 10 games

Tyrod was not great yesterday. He was great in the second half. In other words he was inconsistent. Clay and Watkins had to make great plays on crucial downs where the balls were poorly thrown, and unnecessarily poorly thrown because they were wide open and if memory serves Tyrod was not under extreme pressure.

On the other hand he stood his ground while taking big hits and delivered the ball accurately on a number of other throws. That is pretty hard to do. Its what good throwers do.

Its certainly true that doing well against secondarys like Browns and Finns are hardly the best indication of development as a passer but then there is his work with Woods in the Seattle game which is also of recent memory. Does this suggest that the arrow on his passing game is trending up? Is the game from the QB perspective slowing down a bit for him? Idk. How much of his not developing as a passer this year due to gameplans that give us the best chance to win rather than Tyrod's development (run the ball and above all take no chances in the passing game). Idk.

What I think I do know is that if Tyrod has it in him to be just an adequate passer capable of making the basic throws consistently, has a RT who can pass pro, has a settled and stable working relationship with the same set of receiving options whose reactions he knows and who know his reactions in real time, then the Bills offence would be extremely productive, unquestionably one of the most dynamic in the league.

Should the Bills exercise the option on his contract? Idk. My guess is the Bills will do it, especially if its mostly cash and cap not so much.

Apparently the poster watches other QB's throw 5 TDs every game with perfect QB ratings...

He must be watching some other league, because if that was below average he isn't watching the NFL

More than anything they need to see what happens after the first 4 games when teams have tape on him and can scheme against what they see...look what happened to Wentz when that happened...he fell off a cliff for 10 games

True. But for those who want him to start the Jets game, I'm saying we need more than that to decipher anything. Four games in a playoff atmosphere would have been a good start. Ideally, he is a guy who shows enough in practice settings for them to ride with him for a season, much like the Eagles did with Wentz. If they don't feel he's ready to start a game, they don't feel he's ready for a season of games. Folks have to be patient.

Interesting take take about the Defense. How does that apply to the current regression at QB from year 1 to year 2