Trump foreign policy

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

One of my closest friends is Jewish. Goes to Israel every year with his wife to visit her family, Genuinely faithful Jew in his daily life.

Hates Trump. Loved Obama. At one point I was like "You see Barry pissing on Jews, and Netanyahu, and pretty much all of Israel, right? You know how much the left hates Jews, right?"

Never responded to my email. Boggles my mind.

You can’t predict or control how others think, just do your best 

Hamas' plan was simple, and the world bought it. Get Palestinian human shields killed while attacking Israel – and turn what should have been a joyous celebration of Jerusalem and the new US Embassy into a global campaign to demonize Israel in the media.

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

How old are you?

I stopped aging in 1974 when I was in Times Square and ran into the vortex of death while all else were running away.  This was documented in a thread a while back.  Thus I don't really have an age.

But GG is pretty old and probably liked OJ.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, B-Man said:

Hamas' plan was simple, and the world bought it. Get Palestinian human shields killed while attacking Israel – and turn what should have been a joyous celebration of Jerusalem and the new US Embassy into a global campaign to demonize Israel in the media.

There's a lot of really compelling chatter out there about how the Hamas leaders (over 10) were killed during the "protests". These 10 were far behind the lines, yet were sniped. The supposition is that IDF/Mossad and the GCC had people in the crowd, IDing and marking targets for the snipers. 

I've been so busy I haven't had time to look much more into it - but they paid a heavy cost in leadership.

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

There's a lot of really compelling chatter out there about how the Hamas leaders (over 10) were killed during the "protests". These 10 were far behind the lines, yet were sniped. The supposition is that IDF/Mossad and the GCC had people in the crowd, IDing and marking targets for the snipers. 

I've been so busy I haven't had time to look much more into it - but they paid a heavy cost in leadership.

The guy on crutches was pretty funny. Hey look, he can suddenly run!

The media has been pretty embarrassing about this.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's pretty impressive for indiscriminate shooting. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/15/2018 at 9:18 PM, DC Tom said:

The left is anti-Zionist.  They're not anti-semitic, and the get the Jewish vote because the Jews are traditionally oppressed, and they side with the Democrats as being against oppression in general.  

(I've heard the latter from several Jewish acquaintances.)

I recently asked a Jewish friend how it seems it every value system they have as a group, and which side actually sticks up for Israel, that they would be conservatives - so how can he and most Jews be liberal Dems?  And, he replied (it was via email) exactly that - "I guess we know what it's like to be oppressed" 

It still baffles me, anyway.  Just like @Buffalo_Gal and @LABillzFan said. 

• Like (+1) 1

The left is anti-Zionist.  They're not anti-semitic, and the get the Jewish vote because the Jews are traditionally oppressed, and they side with the Democrats as being against oppression in general.  

Anti zionism IS antisemitism. So these particular Jews must be self-loathing. The Jews I know (and I know a lot, I’m the only gentile in my company) are all staunch conservatives and pro-Israel.

Edited by joesixpack
  • Like (+1) 1

That's pretty accurate.  You see that with the increasing estrangement of American Jews to Israel as they become more concerned with Israel's growing ethnic and nationalism movement under Netanyahu.   Jews are also big on separation of citizenship and religion as it allows them to be treated as equals in ways they haven't experienced elsewhere.  The Republican Party has more of a spiritual base (white protestant evangelicals) that emphasizes "Christian America" turns a lot of American Jews off.  

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

Anti zionism IS antisemitism. So these particular Jews must be self-loathing. The Jews I know (and I know a lot, I’m the only gentile in my company) are all staunch conservatives and pro-Israel.

That's great, but approximately 71% of Jews voted for Hilary in the last election.

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

That's great, but approximately 71% of Jews voted for Hilary in the last election.

Again, for some reason in American Jewry there's a LOT of self-loathing. One need only look at Democratic policy statements to see they're overwhelmingly anti-Israel.

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Again, for some reason in American Jewry there's a LOT of self-loathing. One need only look at Democratic policy statements to see they're overwhelmingly anti-Israel.

They're more anti Netanyahu.  They prefer a two state solution while Netanyahu does not.  Plus, this is a guy who said the Iraq War would bring more peace and stability to the Middle East and that Sudaam had WMD's.  

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

They're more anti Netanyahu.  They prefer a two state solution while Netanyahu does not.  Plus, this is a guy who said the Iraq War would bring more peace and stability to the Middle East and that Sudaam had WMD's.  

Saddam DID have WMDs.

And Democratic policy has been to push israel to surrender the "occupied territories" for a lot longer than Netanyahu's been around.

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

Most liberal Jews are not at all comfortable with the theocratic nature of Israel, while conservatives/orthodox see it as God's will. 

For liberals having a powerful Jewish nation state runs counter to the ingrained protection they feel as the perpetual victim.  They enjoy the "protected" status as the chosen people without the pesky part of actually running a nation.

That's why they think they can identify with Palestinians.  Yet that parallel is misplaced because it ignores history.  The last time that Jewish leaders sold out their people to occupiers was exactly when they got expelled from the Holy Land.  Hopefully the Palestinians also realize that they've been sold out.

1 minute ago, GG said:

Most liberal Jews are not at all comfortable with the theocratic nature of Israel, while conservatives/orthodox see it as God's will. 

For liberals having a powerful Jewish nation state runs counter to the ingrained protection they feel as the perpetual victim.  They enjoy the "protected" status as the chosen people without the pesky part of actually running a nation.

That's why they think they can identify with Palestinians.  Yet that parallel is misplaced because it ignores history.  The last time that Jewish leaders sold out their people to occupiers was exactly when they got expelled from the Holy Land.  Hopefully the Palestinians also realize that they've been sold out.

You know, that's a good point. The family that runs my company are Conservatives and Orthodox.

Thanks!