Trump foreign policy

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

They're more anti Netanyahu.  They prefer a two state solution while Netanyahu does not.  Plus, this is a guy who said the Iraq War would bring more peace and stability to the Middle East and that Sudaam had WMD's.  

In fairness to the last point, Hillary also insisted Hussien had WMDs.

9 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

she was a decent right wing politician most of the time, shame she lost

1 minute ago, LABillzFan said:

Saddam DID have WMDs.

he used them on the Kurds. They didn't magically disappear. They went to Syria and are now being used by Assad.

a bloody shame

?

8 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Saddam DID have WMDs.

he used them on the Kurds. They didn't magically disappear. They went to Syria and are now being used by Assad.

if the entire stock supply wouldn't half fill a backyard swimming pool, it wasn't going to be easy to find

4 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Anti zionism IS antisemitism. So these particular Jews must be self-loathing. The Jews I know (and I know a lot, I’m the only gentile in my company) are all staunch conservatives and pro-Israel.

No, anti-Zionism is not anti-Semitism.

19 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Saddam DID have WMDs.

I'm not debating that one way or another. Just reminding everyone that if you lean left because you believe Bush lied about WMDs, that''s a ridiculous reason to lean left given how vocal Hillary was about Iraq having WMDs.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I'm not debating that one way or another. Just reminding everyone that if you lean left because you believe Bush lied about WMDs, that''s a ridiculous reason to lean left given how vocal Hillary was about Iraq having WMDs.

Are you saying...the left...are hypocrites?????

11 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Are you saying...the left...are hypocrites?????

to be fair, many aren't old enough to remember Bush and that stuff

just like those who worship Flutie (still!!!) because they just missed out on Jim Kelly's top years.

4 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I see them more as Bills fans who insist they didn't leave the Comeback game.

Or insist they watched the whole game while in the blackout zone 

48 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Or insist they watched the whole game while in the blackout zone 

I actually did! Where the Home Depot is on Elmwood now was back then stood the Buffalo Tennis (and Racketball) Club with a bar-ish place to the side/front. I found out they were showing the game for 5 bucks a head and told my (then) husband we were going. My sister's (ex) boyfriend also showed up. I had gotten there early enough to get a booth, so we settled in to watch.  Well by halftime those two wanted to leave, and I told them "go" but I am staying to the bitter end. They decided not to leave me in what was a packed sports bar with a rowdy crowd. Needless to say, they both thanked me afterward.

Ironically, my ex-husband had decided to not go to the game with his two BILs. Said BILs left early and were part of the crowd trying to get back in the stadium (but were denied re-entry).

So yup, there were places to watch the whole game in the blackout area.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

I see them more as Bills fans who insist they didn't leave the Comeback game.

There were only about 400,000 people who attended that game. In an 80,000 seat stadium that wasn't sold out. How do you know they didn't leave?!?

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I actually did! Where the Home Depot is on Elmwood now was back then stood the Buffalo Tennis (and Racketball) Club with a bar-ish place to the side/front. I found out they were showing the game for 5 bucks a head and told my (then) husband we were going. My sister's (ex) boyfriend also showed up. I had gotten there early enough to get a booth, so we settled in to watch.  Well by halftime those two wanted to leave, and I told them "go" but I am staying to the bitter end. They decided not to leave me in what was a packed sports bar with a rowdy crowd. Needless to say, they both thanked me afterward.

Ironically, my ex-husband had decided to not go to the game with his two BILs. Said BILs left early and were part of the crowd trying to get back in the stadium (but were denied re-entry).

So yup, there were places to watch the whole game in the blackout area.

Always the exception, enjoyed the read.

People tell me they watched it and then retract usually when I say it wasn't on TV.  Van Miller called the action on the radio for me.

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

People tell me they watched it and then retract usually when I say it wasn't on TV.  Van Miller called the action on the radio for me.

it was on TV where I was living at the time.

only problem? I was on deployment at the time <_<

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I watched it on TV in Northern Ontario. 

6 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

No, anti-Zionism is not anti-Semitism.

The purpose of zionism is the creation of a Jewish state for the express purpose of survival of the Jewish people.

To oppose that is to passively advocate for the destruction of the Jews (because, let's face it... non-jews don't have a spectacular record of accomodating Jews in their midst)> Ergo...anti-zionism is anti-semitism.

Edited by joesixpack

9 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

The purpose of zionism is the creation of a Jewish state for the express purpose of survival of the Jewish people.

To oppose that is to passively advocate for the destruction of the Jews (because, let's face it... non-jews don't have a spectacular record of accomodating Jews in their midst)> Ergo...anti-zionism is anti-semitism.

No, Joe, it isn't to passively advocate for the destruction of the Jewish people any more than it would be for any other group of people with historically similar circumstances.  IE. opposition to La Raza does not make you bigoted against Latinos or Mexican decent; opposition to reparations does not make you bigoted against blacks.

That's lazy thinking. 

Jews are no different than anyone else, and simply because they have a preferred solution to their problems doesn't mean you hate or wish to discriminate against them by opposing it.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

No, Joe, it isn't to passively advocate for the destruction of the Jewish people any more than it would be for any other group of people with historically similar circumstances.  IE. opposition to La Raza does not make you bigoted against Latinos or Mexican decent; opposition to reparations does not make you bigoted against blacks.

That's lazy thinking. 

Jews are no different than anyone else, and simply because they have a preferred solution to their problems doesn't mean you hate or wish to discriminate against them by opposing it.

So, then, would you classify Fatah, Hizbollah and Hamas as anti-zionist?

Edited by joesixpack
typing is hard