Trump foreign policy

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

"Without Germany, we would not be here today", is kind of a ridiculous reason for the Chancellor to be invited to a D-Day commemoration.  

Asenine reason.

HA HA HA!! The Queen gave President Trump a book as a present! 

That's a really a subtle insult. I get some people, cough cough, actually think Trump wrote the "Art of the Deal" [read it? :lol::lol:] but the guy probably never read a book in his life. And it shows! 

Good one your majesty! 

WHAT DO YOU MEAN, “DESPITE?”: Trump Talks Up U.K. Trade Deal Despite Brexit Impasse.

President Trump promised Britain a broad free-trade accord once it leaves the European Union, an offer that would require the U.K. to secure the decisive break with the bloc advocated by prominent Brexit backers in the race to succeed Prime Minister Theresa May.

Such an agreement, though, could take years to materialize even after an abrupt split and would face multiple political hurdles in the U.K. and the U.S.

At a press conference with Mrs. May on the second day of a three-day state visit, Mr. Trump talked up close economic links between the U.S. and its ally and said a free-trade pact had “tremendous potential” to boost trade between the two countries.

“As the U.K. makes preparations to exit the European Union, the United States is committed to a phenomenal trade deal between the U.S. and the U.K.,” he said.

As I’ve said before, Brexit wasn’t about reducing trade, but about regaining British sovereignty from Brussels. Since Brussels isn’t willing to give up the UK as it satrap, Hard Brexit is the only way out, followed by that “phenomenal trade deal.”

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

That's a really a subtle insult. I get some people, cough cough, actually think Trump wrote the "Art of the Deal" [read it? :lol::lol:] but the guy probably never read a book in his life. And it shows! 

Good one your majesty! 

Do you have any idea what the book was about or what it represents?

Hey! We are going to include Britain's health care service in our next trade deal with the UK!! :lol: :doh:

LOL!!! What a total buffoon! Total embarrassment to the United States! 

The sooner this clown is gone the better 

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

Do you have any idea what the book was about or what it represents?

I've read certain volumes of it, have you? 

Sorry, rhetorical question ?

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

"Without Germany, we would not be here today", is kind of a ridiculous reason for the Chancellor to be invited to a D-Day commemoration.  

You're aware that we actually fought the British to become our own country, right?  It all depends on the prism of time you're looking through.

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

That's a really a subtle insult.

So when Obama gave her a stupid iPod loaded with tapes of his own speeches....what was that? The ultimate Narcissist on display?  You really have to try harder. This has became way too easy.

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So when Obama gave her a stupid iPod loaded with tapes of his own speeches....what was that? The ultimate Narcissist on display?  You really have to try harder. This has became way too easy.

Banging your head against a wall is easy but it hurts like hell.  

BTW I had to google that to see if he really gave that to her and it appears he did.  The also gave this;

While visiting the United States, British Prime Minister Gordon Brown gave the president a pen fashioned out of the same wood as the Resolute Desk. What did Obama give him in return?

“Barack Obama, the leader of the world’s richest country, gave the Prime Minister a box set of 25 classic American films – a gift about as exciting as a pair of socks,” reported the Telegraph.  What’s worse, the set of DVD’s was coded for the United States and unreadable by UK DVD players.

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

BTW I had to google that to see if he really gave that to her and it appears he did.  The also gave this;

I laugh every time I read about the Obama's head of state gifts.  The ones to England were just about the "best", and Michelle topped that off by hugging the Queen.  Good times. <_<

But Trump is the philistine that is rude and crude with no manners who doesn't know how to act in formal situations. ? 

39 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I laugh every time I read about the Obama's head of state gifts.  The ones to England were just about the "best", and Michelle topped that off by hugging the Queen.  Good times. <_<

But Trump is the philistine that is rude and crude with no manners who doesn't know how to act in formal situations. ? 

Don't forget that the British slighted Trump at every turn, by wearing tiaras, not letting him stay at Buckingham Palace as it was being renovated, and blah blah blah.

11 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Don't forget that the British slighted Trump at every turn, by wearing tiaras, not letting him stay at Buckingham Palace as it was being renovated, and blah blah blah.

The British press, which is usually very harsh, was pretty decent about the visit. I am sure it helped that they fell totally in love with Melania and her style.  Our press? ppffffttttt It was like two different events were happening. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The British press, which is usually very harsh, was pretty decent about the visit. I am sure it helped that they fell totally in love with Melania and her style.  Our press? ppffffttttt It was like two different events were happening. 

Anything to take away from the dumpster fire their Parliament reps is welcome now

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Do you have any links?  The only other site I frequent has a bunch of Brits saying how horrible the Trump visit was.  But, they are the biggest aholes on the internet.  I would just like to show them stories that don't quite match their view.  

11 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I agree that Obama giving an iPod full of his speeches is weird but. Give him a break on the movies.  It's not his fault if Britain uses a stupid encoding system.  Maybe they should get with the times.

18 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I agree that Obama giving an iPod full of his speeches is weird but. Give him a break on the movies.  It's not his fault if Britain uses a stupid encoding system.  Maybe they should get with the times.

damn metric system

moon-landing-there-are-countries-that-us

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

To be fair, our press had their stories written before he even landed in the UK.

• Haha (+1) 1