Trump foreign policy

Trump has a foreign policy? That's a joke. 

Hes is just looking at shaking down more countries for money and favors. Like Cohen getting millions of dollars in shake down cash from companies and countries, you know Trump got more 

Trump is over in Europe screaming at our friends in Europe, acting just like he knows Putin is watching him. Smashing up our alliances, just like Putin wants. Some have asked, what did Putin get for his efforts to defraud our election? 

31 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Trump is over in Europe screaming at our friends in Europe, acting just like he knows Putin is watching him. Smashing up our alliances, just like Putin wants. Some have asked, what did Putin get for his efforts to defraud our election? 

yes but did he bow to them before berating them?

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Gleeful Gator has as much nuance as a fart in an elevator. If only we had such a strong leader back:

Obama bowing.jpg

So a photo like this--doctored--makes it ok for Trump to do anything? That's how stupid you guys are? 

Its ts like that solar story I just posted, Conservatives angry at a neighbor for doing something Koch brothers don't like. 

East German media and propaganda have nothing on Conservatives brain washing methods 

39 minutes ago, Foxx said:

i have looked but can't seem to be able to find it... do we have a  Trump domestic policy thread or even just a simple domestic thread?

TYIA

Not a main thread, because no one wanted to talk about it in his first year. They just wanted to talk about how he colluded with Putin.

6 hours ago, Foxx said:

i have looked but can't seem to be able to find it... do we have a  Trump domestic policy thread or even just a simple domestic thread?

TYIA

If you're looking for a thread about simple domestics I suggest the new Shady McCoy thread on the main board.

President Trump did not rule out ceasing military exercises in the Baltic States if Russian President Vladimir Putin requested it during their meeting Monday.

Asked if he would cancel them, Trump said, “Perhaps we’ll talk about that.” 

Trump and Putin are set to meet in Finland on Monday.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-nato-summit-2018/index.html

• Sad 1

1. BELITTLING

9 hours ago

White House: John Kelly Was ‘Displeased’ With Breakfast Options at NATO Meeting, Not Trump

180711-wh-john-kelly-breakfast-cheat_sihus3

JIM BOURG/REUTERS

White House chief of staff John Kelly may have appeared notably agitated while President Trump lashed out at Germany at a NATO breakfast in Brussels on Wednesday, but that’s only because he was “expecting a full breakfast and there were only pastries and cheese,” according to White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders. Sanders told The Washington Post that Kelly’s body language at the time was not because he was embarrassed by the president, as many speculated once video of the meeting went viral, but because he was “displeased” with his breakfast options. Kelly was not the only official present to appear uneasy as Trump claimed that “Germany is totally controlled by Russia,” however. U.S. ambassador to NATO Kay Bailey Hutchison was also caught on camera looking uncomfortable as Trump made a series of commentsthat shocked top NATO officials. It was not immediately clear if Hutchison was also disappointed in meal options. 

Bull: 1, China Shop: 0

Get out the fainting couches! President Trump is in Europe, and once again he is saying the unsayable. The occasion is the NATO summit that began today in Brussels. Trump fired an opening salvo that included two themes, as reported by Bloomberg. The first is that Germany, in particular, undermines the alliance’s defenses against Russia by being too dependent on Russian natural gas:

“It’s very sad when Germany makes a massive oil and gas deal with Russia where we’re supposed to be guarding against Russia and Germany goes out and pays billions and billions of dollars a year to Russia,” Trump said before meeting with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg on Wednesday morning.

Trump pressed on: “If you look at it, Germany is a captive of Russia, because they supply — they got rid of their coal plants, got rid of their nuclear, they’re getting so much of the oil and gas from Russia. I think it’s something NATO has to look at.”

{snip}

Trump is right about a more equal sharing of the costs of defending Europe and the North Atlantic. More importantly, he is right about the sheep-like quiescence of too many Western Europeans–Angela Merkel is one among many–in the face of a serious challenge from Russia.

Pretty much all the press coverage of the NATO summit, consisting mostly of hand-wringing and Trump-bashing, is ignorant and partisan. President Trump is standing up for American security and American taxpayers, as he promised to do. He could do it more effectively if nearly the entire American establishment were not arrayed against him and, implicitly, on the side of the Putin regime.

Latest talking point=RECIEVED!........... Dems insist Trump shouldn’t meet with Putin alone

The announcement that 12 Russians are under indictment for meddling in the 2016 election now has Democrats, coincidentally almost all at once, saying that President Trump should either cancel his meeting Monday with Vladimir Putin, or not be allowed to be in the room alone with the Russian leader. Here’s a sample:  (AT LINK)

Ha!

It seems that if Trump wanted to talk to Putin in complete privacy, there’s always something called a “telephone.”

But don’t tell those Democrats.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, B-Man said:

Latest talking point=RECIEVED!........... Dems insist Trump shouldn’t meet with Putin alone

The announcement that 12 Russians are under indictment for meddling in the 2016 election now has Democrats, coincidentally almost all at once, saying that President Trump should either cancel his meeting Monday with Vladimir Putin, or not be allowed to be in the room alone with the Russian leader. Here’s a sample:  (AT LINK)

Ha!

It seems that if Trump wanted to talk to Putin in complete privacy, there’s always something called a “telephone.”

But don’t tell those Democrats.

So, Democrats are insisting that the President shouldn't honor his Constitutional mandates, such as conducting diplomacy with foreign heads of state, or it's a Constitutional crisis?

Related image

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

So, Democrats are insisting that the President shouldn't honor his Constitutional mandates, such as conducting diplomacy with foreign heads of state, or it's a Constitutional crisis?

Related image

Excellent pepe usage. 7/10

Trump killing it. I never really expected much he was just better than the rest of the frauds. Never imagined he would get or at least try to get this much done. Pissed off all the dipshites over here and now Europe. Couldn't be better. 

On 7/12/2018 at 12:34 PM, B-Man said:

Pretty much all the press coverage of the NATO summit, consisting mostly of hand-wringing and Trump-bashing, is ignorant and partisan. President Trump is standing up for American security and American taxpayers, as he promised to do. He could do it more effectively if nearly the entire American establishment were not arrayed against him and, implicitly, on the side of the Putin regime.

Is NATO antiquated?  Absolutely.  Should other countries be paying more?  Yes.  My problem with Trump is he always has to be a dick about it.  There's a more diplomatic way of doing things that doesn't make you look like a prick to the rest of the world and half the people here.  Also, if you're going to call out another country publicly, get your damn facts straight. Like telling reporters that Germany gets 60 to 70% of their energy consumption from Russia when it's really closer to 20%.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Is NATO antiquated?  Absolutely.  Should other countries be paying more?  Yes.  My problem with Trump is he always has to be a dick about it.  There's a more diplomatic way of doing things that doesn't make you look like a prick to the rest of the world and half the people here.  Also, if you're going to call out another country publicly, get your damn facts straight. Like telling reporters that Germany gets 60 to 70% of their energy consumption from Russia when it's really closer to 20%.  

That more diplomatic way hasn't done jackshit now has it? BTW, Putin is trying to pry Germany away from NATO with that direct pipeline. We basically pay for the defense of Europe to protect them from the East. Do you really think they should be giving Russia billions under those circumstances?

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

That more diplomatic way hasn't done jackshit now has it? BTW, Putin is trying to pry Germany away from NATO with that direct pipeline. We basically pay for the defense of Europe to protect them from the East. Do you really think they should be giving Russia billions under those circumstances?

Fine.  Bring it up privately to Merkel.  Why make up numbers and chastise Germany publicly? It makes you look like a liar and a bully making you even more unpopular in these European countries.  Now the public pressure from their constituents not to cave to Trump makes it more unlikely they'll increase their defense spending.  It's just counter productive and a dumb way of addressing his grievances.  

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I completely understand this critique of Trump and his approach. I share much of it's sentiment - everything he's doing seemingly would be easier for Trump if he was just slightly less Trump. Not all the way, just a shade. So I get it, I do. And it's reasonable. 

The reality though is that no matter what approach Trump took, he'd be every bit the target of scorn and ridicule that he is now. Because ultimately it's not about Trump, it's about what he's accomplishing and the desire to thwart it. Not just politically and domestically, he's taking giant swings at making major changes diplomatically and geopolitically - swings that if they work right could change the world for the better in under a generation. It's a gambit, for sure, but because of what he's aiming for he's a threat, and thus would be mocked/ridiculed no matter what his tone. 

So I think Trump figures, !@#$ it. Why hold back if it's never going to be a fair playing field in terms of media messaging? Being something he's not would only help his opponents by hobbling his ability to connect with his base (for better and worse). And at the end of the day, the biggest (valid) complaint about Trump is that he sometimes says mean/uncouth things... which is valid but ultimately pretty insignificant if his swings work

That's the rub. We'll find out. 

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I completely understand this critique of Trump and his approach. I share much of it's sentiment - everything he's doing seemingly would be easier for Trump if he was just slightly less Trump. Not all the way, just a shade. So I get it, I do. And it's reasonable. 

The reality though is that no matter what approach Trump took, he'd be every bit the target of scorn and ridicule that he is now. Because ultimately it's not about Trump, it's about what he's accomplishing and the desire to thwart it. Not just politically and domestically, he's taking giant swings at making major changes diplomatically and geopolitically - swings that if they work right could change the world for the better in under a generation. It's a gambit, for sure, but because of what he's aiming for he's a threat, and thus would be mocked/ridiculed no matter what his tone. 

So I think Trump figures, !@#$ it. Why hold back if it's never going to be a fair playing field in terms of media messaging? Being something he's not would only help his opponents by hobbling his ability to connect with his base (for better and worse). And at the end of the day, the biggest (valid) complaint about Trump is that he sometimes says mean/uncouth things... which is valid but ultimately pretty insignificant if his swings work

That's the rub. We'll find out. 

I don't think that's a smart strategy though.  Your mind shouldn't be on appealing to your base when you're engaging in diplomacy with other countries, but doing what you feel is best for your country.  I appreciate that Trump is the first president to ever really address the problem of the US tax payer basically subsidizing European welfare states by providing more than our fair share of defense spending as it relates to NATO.  I'd love to decrease our defense spending and work on either start paying off the deficit and/or using that money for social domestic programs.  European countries need to step up their defense spending though. 

I just feel like he's blowing his opportunity though as the best diplomatic deals are done behind closed doors with a sledgehammer.  Publicly chastising countries and telling easily provable lies puts more public pressure on these European leaders to not cave to Trump because the majority of their constituents disapprove of Trump.  That's who they ultimately answer too.  I think these leaders aren't going to do a damn thing and wait until Trump isn't president anymore at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Fine.  Bring it up privately to Merkel.  Why make up numbers and chastise Germany publicly? It makes you look like a liar and a bully making you even more unpopular in these European countries.  Now the public pressure from their constituents not to cave to Trump makes it more unlikely they'll increase their defense spending.  It's just counter productive and a dumb way of addressing his grievances.  

Maybe you want to check out this article. Trump was right.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5942109/Donald-Trump-RIGHT-Germany-imports-70-cent-gas-Russia.html

3.9kshares

View
comments

Donald Trump's claim that Germany imports 70 per cent of its gas from Russia at a fiery Nato summit today is correct - and the country will soon receive even more.  

The EU's statistics agency, Eurostat, says that Russia is responsible for up to 75% of Germany's total gas imports.

And experts say that figure could dramatically increase after a new pipeline between Russia and Germany opens in two years time.

Germany already imports 55 billion cubic meters of gas from Russia via the Nord Stream pipeline and will pump another 55 billion cubic meters through the new Nord Stream 2 network.

1 minute ago, westside said:

It's refreshingt to see a president who actually cares about this country and it's citizen's. 

The left is too busy playing party politics to see what he has been doing to improve OUR country!!!!

I bet Trump ends up in exile in Russia. 

50 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Hell ya! Watching me some old Batman reruns! Pass me a beer! 

And pleasuring yourself to a 95 year-old Catwoman, not the sexy 30-year old on the TV show.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Maybe you want to check out this article. Trump was right.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5942109/Donald-Trump-RIGHT-Germany-imports-70-cent-gas-Russia.html

3.9kshares

View
comments

Donald Trump's claim that Germany imports 70 per cent of its gas from Russia at a fiery Nato summit today is correct - and the country will soon receive even more.  

The EU's statistics agency, Eurostat, says that Russia is responsible for up to 75% of Germany's total gas imports.

And experts say that figure could dramatically increase after a new pipeline between Russia and Germany opens in two years time.

Germany already imports 55 billion cubic meters of gas from Russia via the Nord Stream pipeline and will pump another 55 billion cubic meters through the new Nord Stream 2 network.

He said energy

According AG Energiebilanzen, a Germany energy-research group, 59% of Germany's energy consumption comes from oil and gas, with the other 41% coming from coal, renewable sources, and nuclear power. That puts roughly 20% of Germany's energy mix coming from Russian oil and gas, a high percentage but certainly short of the 60% to 70% that Trump suggested.

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He said energy

According AG Energiebilanzen, a Germany energy-research group, 59% of Germany's energy consumption comes from oil and gas, with the other 41% coming from coal, renewable sources, and nuclear power. That puts roughly 20% of Germany's energy mix coming from Russian oil and gas, a high percentage but certainly short of the 60% to 70% that Trump suggested.

Germany is going to shutter its nuclear industry by 2022 and is working on eliminating coal. Its only options will be renewables and gas & oil in the near future. Whether Trump was technically correct at this exact point in time or if he misspoke by not including oil in his original statement, his remarks are/will be true.

Now, for practical reasons do you think it is wise for a NATO nation to have nearly all of its energy needs supplied by Russia?