Trump foreign policy

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

WOW: With Cairo’s Approval, Israeli Planes Bombing ISIS Targets in Egypt.

I almost lead with “UNTHINKABLE” or “IMPOSSIBLE” except that it actually happened.

Not surprising if you think about it.  Israel and Egypt have been cooperating pretty closely w/r/t the Palestinians in Gaza.  This isn't all that much an escalation.

The surprising thing is that Cairo let the story out.  I'd expect them to agree behind the scenes, but publicly denounce the Israelis, for internal political reasons.

I've been remiss for not talking about Iran lately. No one in the MSM is either so you'd be forgiven if you assume the protests are over. 

They're not. 

In fact, they just intentionally started a run on the banks. 

#NewTactics 

A slow moving, largely bloodless, regime change operation supported by GCC commandos. 

The Mullahs are done for - and the world will be a better place. 

THIS MUST BE MORE OF THAT “COLLUSION” I’VE BEEN HEARING ABOUT:

U.S. Strikes Killed Scores of Russia Fighters in Syria, Sources Say.. “The 200-plus deaths dwarf official Russian toll in the war.”

Nominally, of course, they’re “mercenaries,” and the Russian response is this: “No one wants to start a world war over a volunteer or a mercenary who wasn’t sent by the state and was hit by Americans.” I suspect, though, that a message was sent, and it wasn’t Trump saying he’ll have “more flexibility” after the election. . .

On 2/10/2018 at 11:56 AM, B-Man said:

Popular mechanics had an interesting article on this. A drone started a battle! That's new. 

But the F-16's had many, many missiles fired at them and most of them missed. Our technology still beats theirs. I hope the Russians don't use their new political advantage to steal more of our national secrets

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/aviation/a17045088/israel-f-16-syria-iran-anti-aircraft-missile-shootdown/

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Popular mechanics had an interesting article on this. A drone started a battle! That's new. 

But the F-16's had many, many missiles fired at them and most of them missed. Our technology still beats theirs. I hope the Russians don't use their new political advantage to steal more of our national secrets

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/aviation/a17045088/israel-f-16-syria-iran-anti-aircraft-missile-shootdown/

They also sent in one Soufa, unsupported, AND the dumbass pilot shut off his countermeasures when he crossed back in to Israel, as though launched SAMs stop at the border.

That the IAI then proceeded to carve large chunks out of the Russo-Syrian air defenses without loss shows what a fluke it was.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Skynet has become self aware?

12 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

They also sent in one Soufa, unsupported

Did they send the Soufa in from Davenport?  And why was it unsupported?  Where was the Ottoman!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

Skynet has become self aware?

Did they send the Soufa in from Davenport?  And why was it unsupported?  Where was the Ottoman!

Soufa's the name of the F-16I. I was typing on the phone, and it was easier to type "Soufa" than "F-16I."

4 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Oh come on, i figured you of all people here would have appreciated the Ottoman pun

Although by definition puns are bad, and the worse the pun the better, this is one of those extraordinarily rare times when a pun is so bad it is, in fact, terminally putrid.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Although by definition puns are bad, and the worse the pun the better, this is one of those extraordinarily rare times when a pun is so bad it is, in fact, terminally putrid.

Settee down, I liked it.

• Like (+1) 1