What Would A Trump Ownership Have Looked Like.

You must know him personally, and have decided that his focus will not shift when the currency in which he is now dealing is not measured in dollars

I don't. He's already pressuring foreign leaders to stay at his hotel, I'm sure that's for the public and not to put more money into his pocket.

http://www.salon.com/2016/12/20/trump-organization-applies-political-pressure-on-foreign-diplomats-to-stay-at-donald-trumps-d-c-hotel-report/

I imagine we could debate for the next four years and neither of us would budge an inch, so I'm not going to get into it. I hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't bet on it.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If Trump had won his bid to buy the team, what would it look like.

"We're gonna build a new Stadium downtown. A great stadium. A yuge stadium, you're gonna love it, I swear. And Robert Kraft, good friend of mine, Robert, but he's a loser, he's gonna pay for it!"

Sounds good to me!

Plus he would have dumped these stooges and hired Bellicheck and Brady.

You must know him personally, and have decided that his focus will not shift when the currency in which he is now dealing is not measured in dollars

Actually, it's the other candidate and her supporters who are claiming to have "won" by a set of rules other than those that we've operated under for 200+ years, and being tremendous crybabies in the process. Also, it's funny acting like Bills fans, on this very board, on this very day, don't make ridiculous claims about statistical victories versus the more traditional scoreboard varieties. I thought we reached peak "moral victory" under Jauron but i guess not

I love this argument. It's not like Trump didn't cry about the same thing but now every Trump fan wants to bash Clinton supporters for it. This is the hypocrisy that is so mind boggling.

This election is a total sham and a travesty. We are not a democracy!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/266035509162303492?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

From 2012.

The Electoral College is actually genius in that it brings all states, including the smaller ones, into play. Campaigning is much different!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/798521053551140864?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

From 2016.

I don't. He's already pressuring foreign leaders to stay at his hotel, I'm sure that's for the public and not to put more money into his pocket.

http://www.salon.com/2016/12/20/trump-organization-applies-political-pressure-on-foreign-diplomats-to-stay-at-donald-trumps-d-c-hotel-report/

I imagine we could debate for the next four years and neither of us would budge an inch, so I'm not going to get into it. I hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Yes, the example you gave is exactly the same as Theoretical Bills Owner Trump moving the Bills from Buffalo, after he spent the entire election campaign bemoaning the abandonment of the rust belt. What color is the sky on your planet?

Yes, the example you gave is exactly the same as Theoretical Bills Owner Trump moving the Bills from Buffalo, after he spent the entire election campaign bemoaning the abandonment of the rust belt. What color is the sky on your planet?

I hope he does a good job. Lip service is one thing man. Lets hope he helps the places that needs help. So far for someone who bemoaned goldman sachs speeches and talked about draining the swamp: he has appointed an awful lot of Goldman Sachs executives / anti medicaid and social security / billionaires / pro oil not coal former executives into every position available. Lets hope for the best; but let us think critically as well when things seem shady.

I hope he does a good job. Lip service is one thing man. Lets hope he helps the places that needs help. So far for someone who bemoaned goldman sachs speeches and talked about draining the swamp: he has appointed an awful lot of Goldman Sachs executives / anti medicaid and social security / billionaires / pro oil not coal former executives into every position available. Lets hope for the best; but let us think critically as well when things seem shady.

Like any other president, they should be judged by their actions, not words. If he owned the Bills, i'd expect plenty of bombast, but also the appointment of competent executives, which is another way of saying Russ Brandon would have to go back to his previous position of toilet seat sanitizer

Oh, like how he kept saying, "Lock her up!" and now he doesn't care about that?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/09/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-lock-her-up-chant/

Or what about the "Drain the swamp"? All those ExxonMobile and Goldman Sachs execs are really going to help the little guy in America and clean up those politicians?

I'm supposed to believe the CEO's giving these politicians a bunch of money are going to now pass campaign donation laws and help clean up politics?

ff19cb68a995fe85c3b962fc32690aa59827a615

Edited by elroy16

Actually, it's the other candidate and her supporters who are claiming to have "won" by a set of rules other than those that we've operated under for 200+ years, and being tremendous crybabies in the process. Also, it's funny acting like Bills fans, on this very board, on this very day, don't make ridiculous claims about statistical victories versus the more traditional scoreboard varieties. I thought we reached peak "moral victory" under Jauron but i guess not

LOL. The joke is based on Trump claiming he won by a "landslide" with 308 electoral college votes. I'm not disputing he won. I'm pointing how he insists on exaggerating everything to absurd levels....like calling a 7-9 season a landslide win.

As a point of reference, 308 votes ranks as the 46th largest margin of victory out of 58 elections. His victory certainly was a surprise, but it's hardly a landslide.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/09/politics/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-lock-her-up-chant/

Or what about the "Drain the swamp"? All those ExxonMobile and Goldman Sachs execs are really going to help the little guy in America and clean up those politicians?

I'm supposed to believe the CEO's giving these politicians a bunch of money are going to now pass campaign donation laws and help clean up politics?

Yes and your dear abuela was going to do anything other than continue to line her own pockets by selling influence. Did you ever wonder how a career civil servant came to be worth $300 million?

Yes and your dear abuela was going to do anything other than continue to line her own pockets by selling influence. Did you ever wonder how a career civil servant came to be worth $300 million?

A senior monk and a junior monk were traveling together. At one point, they came to a river with a strong current. As the monks were preparing to cross the river, they saw a very young and beautiful woman also attempting to cross. The young woman asked if they could help her cross to the other side.

The two monks glanced at one another because they had taken vows not to touch a woman.

Then, without a word, the older monk picked up the woman, carried her across the river, placed her gently on the other side, and carried on his 
journey.

The younger monk couldn’t believe what had just happened. After rejoining his companion, he was speechless, and an hour passed without a word between them.

Two more hours passed, then three, finally the younger monk could contain himself any longer, and blurted out “As monks, we are not permitted a woman, how could you then carry that woman on your shoulders?”

The older monk looked at him and replied, “Brother, I set her down on the other side of the river, why are you still carrying her?”

LOL. The joke is based on Trump claiming he won by a "landslide" with 308 electoral college votes. I'm not disputing he won. I'm pointing how he insists on exaggerating everything to absurd levels....like calling a 7-9 season a landslide win.

As a point of reference, 308 votes ranks as the 46th largest margin of victory out of 58 elections. His victory certainly was a surprise, but it's hardly a landslide.

Yeah but his win is top 5 all time against the spread.

Edited by KD in CA

you're a dumbass

Because elroy's a mouth-breathing pinhead.

hard to breath with Hillary's ball in your mouth

Reading this thread merely serves as yet more confirmation of the Trump-phobic/hater crowd's true fear:

It's not that he will be a bad president, or start locking people up in concentration camps, or whatever other hyperbole(that Pepe the Frog eats, to exist) that they spew.

No, they are very afraid he's going to be a good president.

They are also afraid because if that happens, it creates the equivalent of an 0-16 record for their prognostications and the aspersions they've cast, since the day Trump decided to run.

Do some of you realize that you are literally the Cleveland Browns, when it comes to being right, about anything? This goes far beyond Trump. It's been happening for literally a decade.

Who among you will stand up today and admit they were wrong about The Surge in Iraq? Or, admit they were wrong about The Stimulus being some grand economy booster, and not merely a cynical ploy that funneled money to bad behaving blue states and blue cities to prevent their bankruptcy? How about Obamacare(and before you say Republican anything, answer for Maryland, completely controlled by Ds, doing everything by the Obamacare book, and having their exchange go completely bankrupt. Rs had no hand in that at all.)? How about Global Warming, now that Nobel Laureates have completely disproved the 3 main premises of the the entire theory: using math?

I think your energy would be better spent asking yourself how you got those real events so wrong, and are 0-for being on the right side of history, rather than wasting your time with hypotheticals.

Salon & Think/Progress? No wonder you think the way you do.

7-9 season isn't a fair analogy

A better analogy would be Hiliary as the the 2007 Patriots* and Trump as the 2007 Giants. 17-14 isn't a blowout either, but the Giants were facing inevitability too.

7-9 season isn't a fair analogy

A better analogy would be Hiliary as the the 2007 Patriots* and Trump as the 2007 Giants. 17-14 isn't a blowout either, but the Giants were facing inevitability too.

I like that analogy. Everyone KNEW the pats were going to roll the giants, all right thinking people agreed!

you're a dumbass

hard to breath with Hillary's ball in your mouth

Did I bring up Hillary, even once?

Shocking that any disagreement about Trump leads to, "how can you talk with Hillary's balls in your mouth!"

Salon & Think/Progress? No wonder you think the way you do.

First link that came up when I was searching for that story. Go ahead and find something that makes that article untrue.

Reading this thread merely serves as yet more confirmation of the Trump-phobic/hater crowd's true fear:

It's not that he will be a bad president, or start locking people up in concentration camps, or whatever other hyperbole(that Pepe the Frog eats, to exist) that they spew.

No, they are very afraid he's going to be a good president.

They are also afraid because if that happens, it creates the equivalent of an 0-16 record for their prognostications and the aspersions they've cast, since the day Trump decided to run.

Do some of you realize that you are literally the Cleveland Browns, when it comes to being right, about anything? This goes far beyond Trump. It's been happening for literally a decade.

Who among you will stand up today and admit they were wrong about The Surge in Iraq? Or, admit they were wrong about The Stimulus being some grand economy booster, and not merely a cynical ploy that funneled money to bad behaving blue states and blue cities to prevent their bankruptcy? How about Obamacare(and before you say Republican anything, answer for Maryland, completely controlled by Ds, doing everything by the Obamacare book, and having their exchange go completely bankrupt. Rs had no hand in that at all.)? How about Global Warming, now that Nobel Laureates have completely disproved the 3 main premises of the the entire theory: using math?

I think your energy would be better spent asking yourself how you got those real events so wrong, and are 0-for being on the right side of history, rather than wasting your time with hypotheticals.

Why would I be afraid that Trump would run the country well?

I was too young and didn't pay attention to politics when American invaded Iraq, so I won't comment on that.

I did not think the stimulus package was going to do anything for the economy.

I know two people that use Obamacare and they like it. Without it they probably wouldn't be able to afford healthcare. How horrible of Obama to try and provide healthcare to more Americans.

Here's what a group of 36 Noble Laureates said.

We believe that the nations of the world must take the opportunity at the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Paris in December 2015 to take decisive action to limit future global emissions.

Bush was in office when we invaded Iraq, so how is that on me and/or Democrats?

Legitimate question, what specifically are you guys hoping Trump will do that will make him a good president?

Edited by elroy16

First link that came up when I was searching for that story. Go ahead and find something that makes that article untrue.

Don't be fooled by such petty distractions such as his hotels. We have big federal government problems. Debt/budgets/insolvent entitlements, illegal immigration, a flat economy/jobs and national security issues. Everything else is just a distraction. Trump was elected to address these issues. We'll see how it goes.

As for him owning the Bills, He would have done fine as his ego would drive him to win and he would do what he thought was necessary to do so. He'd embarrass himself and Bills fans along the way and piss off other owners.

Don't be fooled by such petty distractions such as his hotels. We have big federal government problems. Debt/budgets/insolvent entitlements, illegal immigration, a flat economy/jobs and national security issues. Everything else is just a distraction. Trump was elected to address these issues. We'll see how it goes.

As for him owning the Bills, He would have done fine as his ego would drive him to win and he would do what he thought was necessary to do so. He'd embarrass himself and Bills fans along the way and piss off other owners.

I agree 100%. The hotel thing was supposed to be just a small example of why I believe Trump is more concerned with money than anything else. Wealth distribution is a huge issue that I only see getting worse under Trump. Public education is a huge issue and I don't see how it will get better under DeVos' voucher program. In general I don't see Trump's proposed policies or the appointments he's made helping the average lower class American. I'd like to hear how they are supposed to, but usually just get flamed, but that's not surprising.

I think there's a lot of donation reform that needs to happen. Way too much money is given to politicians which was one aspect that I was very hopeful about Trump. Considering he's already walked backward on the Drain the Swamp talk, I've lost most of my hope in him as a president.

Edited by elroy16

Read that over again and see how inherently wrong that statement is. If you search to find something to confirm your bias you will most likely find it, but it will be from "sources" such as Salon and Think/Progress. Do you actually think that Trump spent tens of millions of his own money and put himself through the grind of a presidential race in order to up the occupancy rate of his D.C. hotel? Think before you post.

Read that over again and see how inherently wrong that statement is. If you search to find something to confirm your bias you will most likely find it, but it will be from "sources" such as Salon and Think/Progress. Do you actually think that Trump spent tens of millions of his own money and put himself through the grind of a presidential race in order to up the occupancy rate of his D.C. hotel? Think before you post.

Obviously not. I didn't get close to saying that. I said it was a small example of what I believe Trump's main concern is. I never said he became president for the purpose of adding occupants to his hotels.

I agree 100%. The hotel thing was supposed to be just a small example of why I believe Trump is more concerned with money than anything else. Wealth distribution is a huge issue that I only see getting worse under Trump. Public education is a huge issue and I don't see how it will get better under DeVos' voucher program. In general I don't see Trump's proposed policies or the appointments he's made helping the average lower class American. I'd like to hear how they are supposed to, but usually just get flamed, but that's not surprising.

I think there's a lot of donation reform that needs to happen. Way too much money is given to politicians which was one aspect that I was very hopeful about Trump. Considering he's already walked backward on the Drain the Swamp talk, I've lost most of my hope in him as a president.

Wealth distribution is a function of a competitive capitalist economy. Who cares if 2% of the people at the top get really rich? Good for them, they earned it. Most at the bottom deserve to be there based on a lifetime of lousy effort.

As for education, parents and student are the largest problem. Better performing students and their parents often make a greater effort and get better results.

Obviously not. I didn't get close to saying that. I said it was a small example of what I believe Trump's main concern is. I never said he became president for the purpose of adding occupants to his hotels.

This is what you said:

"I don't. He's already pressuring foreign leaders to stay at his hotel, I'm sure that's for the public and not to put more money into his pocket."

Think before you post.

Edited by grinreaper

Or, Trump got people to believe those were issues he was going to address, but really he just wants to be richest guy in the world.

I mean if he was really into solving debt and budget problems he would not say he is going to spend $1 trillion on a pork program. He already is backing away from a wall and his tax "reform" just looks like more tax cuts for the wealthy.

And what about national security? Obama kept us safe, right?

Wealth distribution is a function of a competitive capitalist economy. Who cares if 2% of the people at the top get really rich? Good for them, they earned it. Most at the bottom deserve to be there based on a lifetime of lousy effort.

As for education, parents and student are the largest problem. Better performing students and their parents often make a greater effort and get better results.

I don't have a problem with 2% of people making a lot more money than I do, they probably work harder and are smarter than I am. My main issue is with the 0.01% that are making $10+ million and then use tax laws to avoid paying their share or the CEO's that are making that much money and have employees who aren't allowed to work full time and can't afford health care. I'm all for smaller government, cutting ineffective government programs, etc., but the super rich need to pay their share and stop making it so tough on the lower class to get by.

why?

First, the tax cuts that he wants to pass helps a lot of people, but hurts single parents the most. They won't pass any sort of minimum wage increase. I would be shocked if he significantly raised taxes for big businesses or the super wealthy. I can't imagine any laws are going to change to prevent companies like Wal-Mart from keeping their employees from working more than 35 hours to avoid paying benefits. That's just a few things.

Edit.

I should have started that out by saying it's a big worry for me because of the current levels and trends of income and wealth inequality right now. If they weren't currently around what they were in America during the 20's before the great depression, then I probably wouldn't worry too much about it.

Edit 2.

Also mechanical/AI automation that is going to continue to grow. This takes away lower income jobs and is cheaper for companies. Less wealth/income for the lower class, but the CEO's and higher ups make more money and pay less to workers.

I was wrong about that. There were also reports about Trump tower being helped push through after a phone call on election night with the Argentinian president. There are reports for both sides about that. Either way, it looks like he could be using his political influence to push construction of his buildings and/or get people to stay at his hotel. This isn't a huge issue, but I think could give some insight into Trump's motivations.

These are just reports and could be 100% false, so I'll concede that point.

Edited by elroy16

This is what you said:

"I don't. He's already pressuring foreign leaders to stay at his hotel, I'm sure that's for the public and not to put more money into his pocket."

Think before you post.

I used that as one example and a way to look past what he says and to try and find his motivation for what he's doing.

You implied that I think he ran for president for the purpose of bringing business to his hotels, which is not what I said or implied.

I don't know why he ran for president. Hopefully it's because he honestly thinks he will make a great president and I imagine somewhere low on that list is using his influence to make more money. In conclusion, he (potentially) used his influence to get people to stay at his hotel and make money.

I don't believe he ran for president to earn more money, but while he's president, I expect him to use that influence to earn more money.

See the difference or no?

I've already said this is a small point, so I don't know why you keep harping on this.