1. 1. What to do about Rex.

• Fire Rex before next season.
    • Retain Rex to coach next season.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills fans are suckers.

A win against the Browns and some are reconsidering. Lol.

We beat three backup QB's in a row earlier in the season and it duped the fans into thinking we were a contender, there's no reason to think beating three backup QB's to close the season will have any different effect.

I'm with Tim Graham - I'd sooner advocate for full continuity than for addressing the problem halfway.

Have to wait till the end of the season. IF we somehow make the playoffs, you can't fire Rex. Good luck getting a new HC when you just fired the one who broke the 17 year playoff drought. If we don't make the playoffs, termination could be warranted. We lost a number of games we should have won, and have not upset anyone this year (except Arizona, who it turns out is not an upset in hindsight).

Have to wait till the end of the season. IF we somehow make the playoffs, you can't fire Rex. Good luck getting a new HC when you just fired the one who broke the 17 year playoff drought. If we don't make the playoffs, termination could be warranted. We lost a number of games we should have won, and have not upset anyone this year (except Arizona, who it turns out is not an upset in hindsight).

what if they get destroyed by the Dolphins? What if they beat the Dolphins by 100? What difference does 1 game make?

I just know the Bills get beat by good teams on a consistent and regular basis, as has Rex for 6 years running...

You think getting into the playoffs changes that somehow?

I would love to fire Rex, but I don't want to be in the same position as the Rams, where the interview process is just starting. I also don't like that we have the Rams, and the Jags to compete with for a decent coach. If we fire Rex, I want a HC who can get us to the playoffs next season. Or, at leaf give us a winning season out of the box. I can't stomach another "rebuilding year."

what if they get destroyed by the Dolphins? What if they beat the Dolphins by 100? What difference does 1 game make?

I just know the Bills get beat by good teams on a consistent and regular basis, as has Rex for 6 years running...

I would imagine that getting to the playoffs would change a lot of minds about Rex.

Yea with quarterbacks like Mark Sanchez, Geno Smith, and Tyrod Taylor I cant figure out why he cant beat good teams on a consistent basis.

If he had Tyrod and Jets would never have been fired, that's why so frustrating hasn't had success with this defense. His defense not good fit with these players.

C'mon it's never truly more of the same. The "same" for him is better than the average for the length of the drought. The odds of improving are greater with him, and the evidence for a total flame out is not yet there for a truly undisputed firing. He should get another year. The goal, at this point, is clearly to make the playoffs...it's not to have the perfect team that looks/plays/acts like we all want. Rex is the best answer to making a real push to hit our goal next year.

Based on what? This team has gotten their asses handed to them in every single game that has been labeled as important or a "must" win. They fail to show up when they most need to and that fall directly on the coach for not preparing them properly and not making needed adjustments during the game. He's got to go.

it absolutely does. Fire the coach who gets you to the playoffs for the first time in 17 years. Yeah, good luck finding a new HC. And if you read my post, you'd see that I agree with you that the Bills get beat by good teams on a consistent basis, and even beaten by teams they should beat.

I am not a big Rex fan, but who can the Bills get that is better.

this is the question. I would like Petersen from Washington.

Interesting.

The other day, I was told I was one of only two people who wanted to keep Rex.

These results confirm that the pitchfork crowd does love to overstate things.

Or that those two people:

(1) are in fact rex and rob

(2) know pegs are all over social media like any good biz these days

(3) have a lot of account set up on TBD

it absolutely does. Fire the coach who gets you to the playoffs for the first time in 17 years. Yeah, good luck finding a new HC. And if you read my post, you'd see that I agree with you that the Bills get beat by good teams on a consistent basis, and even beaten by teams they should beat.

this is the question. I would like Petersen from Washington.

See Ryan, i think that is what drives me the most crazy...so if we go 9-7, get into the playoffs, we are going to play a good team no? And most likely get destroyed. But "thats good for Buffalo". And to me..it either i want they guy as my long term coach and the team is moving in the right direction..or its not and heading backwards.

I'd like another option to vote on. If he agrees to get rid of Rob and is willing to be more open to other approaches on D then I say give him a 3rd year. Churning through coaches is rarely a path to success.

staying with a bad is ALWAYS a path to failure though

Edited by plenzmd1

See Ryan, i think that is what drives me the most crazy...so if we go 9-7, get into the playoffs, we are going to play a good team no? And most likely get destroyed. But "thats good for Buffalo"

staying with a bad is ALWAYS a path to failure though

They were up by 15 in third against Oakland. Also were missing Darby that game so I am sure that affected gameplan. also, for as bad as Steelers was they gave up 27 but also returned INT to 8 yard line so really only gave up 24/20 points overall on D and if Tyrod has better game maybe they win. Also, Im sure their gameplan against Steelers was based on stopping the run with help of Kyle and he got injured two days before. Not saying excuse for loss but with healthy team I really think they could compete against good teams. They competed against Seattle and Baltimore also. They'd probably get blown out by New England but if they plated KC, AFC South Winner, or Baltimore/Pitt would have a chance. Also, Rex lost 45-3 to new England and then beat them in the playoffs. Not gonna get in so irrelevant but when healthy they would have a chance against most teams.

Also, not sure why manhandling bad teams is so easily dismissed. Houston barely beat Jacksonville, Pitt barely beat Cinci, Baltimore barely beat Phili. Miami barely beat SF and Rams earlier this year. (Baltimore was once down 20 to Cleveland I think). If Buffalo wins against bad team if its close then its so easily dismissed for some reason.

I am not a big Rex fan, but who can the Bills get that is better.

this is real. no one coming who knows they get fired in two years after going .500. and starting all over again with unproven coaching staff usually guarantees .500 for the first two years . so it just perpetuates itself. mediocre record and quick hooks attracts mediocre talent and the cycle repeats. maybe 3rd tier north pole market unattractiveness plus the no-practice time CBA doom the rust belt cities to mediocrity in today's rock star major league sports. could be.. If they fire Rex I may have to go back to my old handle: 8&8 Forever, meaning the Bills are institutionally condemned to .500 record "forever".

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore