Vote on firing Rex

dayman

Rex  

414 members have voted

1. 1. What to do about Rex.

• Fire Rex before next season.
    • Retain Rex to coach next season.

Poll taken with 2 weeks left in the season. We are 7-7. We are not mathmatically eliminated from the playoffs, but we are practically eliminated in most people's minds. We have, by all accounts, had a disappointing season and defense is widely seen as more to blame for that than offense (even if expectations are the deciding factor in that analysis).

However, I say **** it! You've got to let him take 1 more crack at it IMO. We're on pace for another 8 or 9 win season (which is significantly better than we are used to), most players seem to like him, and we've seen signs of how this could work well (even if we can't put it all together consistently against good teams).

I vote to keep him. I'm not in love with it, and I'm not inclined to defend it aggressively in an internet argument, but I honestly think Rex next year is a better Bill's season than the kind of coach we are likely to get. Also, I kind of like Rex. One more year. Lets see what happens.

Edited by dayman

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you kidding me does everyone want more of the same next year :wallbash::thumbdown::bag:

C'mon it's never truly more of the same. The "same" for him is better than the average for the length of the drought. The odds of improving are greater with him, and the evidence for a total flame out is not yet there for a truly undisputed firing. He should get another year. The goal, at this point, is clearly to make the playoffs...it's not to have the perfect team that looks/plays/acts like we all want. Rex is the best answer to making a real push to hit our goal next year.

I dont care what they do honestly. Im still gonna continue to watch the team play on Sundays whether we keep rex or not. Just not going to be emotionally invested in the Buffalo Bills.

But if i had to choose from one of the options, I'd go with fire him. I hate the fact that he basically brought the New Jersey Jets coaching staff to Buffalo and expected a different result.

If he gets rid of Dennis Thurman (which we know he wont) then im on board to having him stay. Dennis Thurman just looks like he constantly smells doo doo. Has a stank face and a stank attitude all the time for no damn reason.

Im really at the point I don't care what they do. Blow it up. don't blow it up. Fire one and not the other. I don't own the team and it isn't my money.

I dont care what they do honestly. Im still gonna continue to watch the team play on Sundays whether we keep rex or not. Just not going to be emotionally invested in the Buffalo Bills.

But if i had to choose from one of the options, I'd go with fire him. I hate the fact that he basically brought the New Jersey Jets coaching staff to Buffalo and expected a different result.

If he gets rid of Dennis Thurman (which we know he wont) then im on board to having him stay. Dennis Thurman just looks like he constantly smells doo doo. Has a stank face and a stank attitude all the time for no damn reason.

Can we throw out Rob too? Sentence two.... :thumbsup:

If Rex is willing to make changes in his staff like Thurman, his brother, the strength and conditioning coach(s) then I would be for him staying another year and give him the full 3 to change the mentality of the team. If he is not willing to see the need for change then there is no choice but to cut ties with Rex. But doing that without changes in the front office like Whlaey then you are only treating the symptoms and not the disease.

Not voting until the season's over. If we go 9-7, I think probably keep him. If 7-9, probably fire. 8-8, also probably fire, but we shall see. I do think that even if he's kept, he should be quietly encouraged to let his brother seek greener pastures. Basically if it looks like the team has quit on him, fire him. It did pretty much look like that against Oakland and Pittsburgh, but if they close out with 3 straight wins, then it's hard to say the team quit on him.

Not voting until the season's over. If we go 9-7, I think probably keep him. If 7-9, probably fire. 8-8, also probably fire, but we shall see. I do think that even if he's kept, he should be quietly encouraged to let his brother seek greener pastures. Basically if it looks like the team has quit on him, fire him. It did pretty much look like that against Oakland and Pittsburgh, but if they close out with 3 straight wins, then it's hard to say the team quit on him.

Team didn't quit on him against Oakland. Were up by 15 in third. Pittsburgh didn't look great for effort but team was within 7 at the end. I usually think of quitting as not showing up from beginning like Pitt or Jets against Colts but understand your point. Also, want to point out that Vikings with Mike Zimmer lost by 28 to Colts with the playoffs on the line so I don't think its fair to say Rex's team who lost by 7 quit on him and Zimmer's team who nobody thinks should get fired didn't quit on him.

I think biggest problem is the Dline (highest and best paid players) don't like his scheme. First with Mario, and now Dareus. I personally think they aren't winners and take into account more how Eric Wood, McCoy, Incognito and a guy like Kyle Williams (don't know how he feels about Rex) or Lorenzo Alexander feel about Rex. But you are stuck with Dareus because of contract so if think need coach who can get most out of Dareus then maybe Rex isn't right fit for this team. See now that he wasn't the fit for the team constituted 2 years ago on defense, but I like him as coach so want to see him given chance with more his players.

Bills fans are suckers.

A win against the Browns and some are reconsidering. Lol.

Stop. People are beginning to see through your crusade and that it not only would be unfair (especially under the circumstances) but also would be self defeating.

I think it is funny that the leaders of the Pitchfork crowd storming the Bastille have looked behind them only to realize that there were not as many people following them as they had thought.

LOL.

We're on pace for another 8 or 9 win season (which is significantly better than we are used to),

This is the freaking problem with all the national pundits when they talked about the Bills record, the QBs anything...if it is mediocre at best for anyone else" for Buffalo, it's great"

Hate that freaking midset!!!!!

Stop. People are beginning to see through your crusade and that it not only would be unfair (especially under the circumstances) but also would be self defeating.

I think it is funny that the leaders of the Pitchfork crowd storming the Bastille have looked behind them only to realize that there were not as many people following them as they had thought.

LOL.

No head coach has ever been fired when a player got hurt and they had a substandard QB, apparently. Edited by jmc12290

No head coach has ever been fired when a player got hurt and they had a substandard QB, apparently.

You and ScottLaw should get together . . . or do you guys already run into each other at the TBN cafeteria to prepare for the Bucky and Sully show?

I am actually pretty shocked how the poll is going.

Could someone start a new one that is "Fire Rex Promote Lynn Hire Gus Bradley as DC"?

and see how that one floats?

How about one that asks whether to fire your most successful coach in the past 17 years in less than two years even though the teams has suffered an incredible amount of injuries, suspensions, and substandard QB play.

Peter, why do you think it would be self-defeating? We had a huge thread pretty much confirming the idea of "continuity" is a myth. Ask the Dolphins fans how much they wish they had stuck with Philbin for "continuity".

You think Rex is a the absolute best the Bills can do this offseason? I dont...and just like if a great DC/OC/QB is available you take em, i will take a HC that does not have 6 .500 or below seasons in a row .

I am actually pretty shocked how the poll is going.

Could someone start a new one that is "Fire Rex Promote Lynn Hire Gus Bradley as DC"?

and see how that one floats?

Im curious about all the love for Gus Bradley. He had four years to build consistent Jags defense and hasn't. Rex had better D with Jets.

Peter, why do you think it would be self-defeating? We had a huge thread pretty much confirming the idea of "continuity" is a myth. Ask the Dolphins fans how much they wish they had stuck with Philbin for "continuity".

You think Rex is a the absolute best the Bills can do this offseason? I dont...and just like if a great DC/OC/QB is available you take em, i will take a HC that does not have 6 .500 or below seasons in a row .

I am going to lunch, but please see my previous posts on this subject.