Vote on firing Rex

dayman

Rex  

414 members have voted

1. 1. What to do about Rex.

• Fire Rex before next season.
    • Retain Rex to coach next season.

Like your brick wall to the "3 and out in bunches" theory that was proven to be complete bull ****?

They were all healthy when Brady took a **** on them in week two. And for the most part healthy when Andy Dalton did the same a few weeks later.

Let's go round and round on this discussion again. Bottom line is Rexs defense has sucked for the most part it's due to his scheme.

They bring him back then so be it. The wheels will spin and the team will be mediocre again next year, IMO. But I'm just a fan. I have no control over what they do or don't do.

I'll ask them to prove me wrong next year like I did last year and the year before that and the year before that...

You couldn't have asked them before last year because that was their first year. You can't blame them for the last 16 yrs. (this year ain't over yet) just one and likely 2 after week 17.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex should quit after that gutless call to punt the ball. Honestly, hand in your resignation. A tie eliminates you, your defense was getting gashed.

There is no need to bring a coach back that would decide to do what he did.

Huh? We don't make it they are already in FG range practically...right move with over 4 min on the clock was to punt it.

Huh? We don't make it they are already in FG range practically...right move with over 4 min on the clock was to punt it.

I'm sorry I couldn't disagree more. And look how it turned out? So that was the right move? Punt, in a game, with the playoffs and your season on the line?

A tie does nothing, there was little to no chance the Bills would get the ball back. Did you watch the defense play?

Edit: the guy just said in the post game news conference that every coach in America would do that. He's wrong, there's a team that never punts, and he's full of **** and can't admit when he is wrong. He actually said he thought they would pin them deep... Jesus.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Nah a meaningless win against the Jets and everyone's back on the Rex bandwagon.

Sadly that's what I'm afraid of. The Bills haven't beat a winning team all season (I'm discounting Pats without Brady and Garofalo). All I want for Xmas are the Ryan twins collecting their checks to go do something else.

I agree. The assumption being you're going to put 11 guys on the field and NOT give up a 57 yard run the next play from scrimmage.

Probably shouldn't have assumed that, in hind sight.

This !@#$ing team.

id change my vote from keep him to let him go....

Only because his blinders on defense, the belief they would stop them. That's too scary to live with that your that blind, confidence is one thing but 16 weeks of the truth is another. That's besides the decision to punt-

I can live with the other minor stuff that goes on during the game on every sideline in the NFL that we freak out over-

Bad challenges on replays that arent really his call, he's getting word from someone upstairs

Using timeouts especially in the first half most NFL games go to half with each team still having 2 - first have they are not used

10 men on the field repeatedly, this is a focus issue for the PLAYER not the coach, what groupings am I in on? pretty simple

Guys hurt/out and Rex doesn't know- you have position coaches they handle the depth chart and are responsible for that

Rex is an easy guy to dislike, but I liked him - he hired a poor staff on defense and it killed him.

Made a ballsy move to remove Roman and he was right in doing so.

When Rex took over he stepped into a great defense 4th in yards 4th in points and didnt keep it

the new coach will be stepping into a good offense 11th over all , 1st in rushing, 6th in points do you keep it?

Anyone injured, suspended or did poor QB play let us down today?

The Buffalo Bills lost to a very good team by 3 points in OT after fighting back to take the lead and having to overcome horrible referring and missed tackles.

They fought back even though there were those (in the first half) who insinuated that the team was not with Rex.

I knew that you would not disappoint and that you and the rest of the Rex Haters would try to use a 3 point loss to a good team in OT to carry on with your march to the Bastille.

I still see no reason to blow up the coaching staff and rinse and repeat. I will continue to focus on the forest rather than the trees. My views have not changed. Two years (less than two years) is not enough time to fairly evaluate Rex - especially under the circumstances of these past two years.

I am going to take the rest of this day off from arguing with the usual guys who seem to have made it their life's mission to have someone fired and enjoy my Christmas visit home to the City of Good Neighbors with my immediate and Buffalo family.

In the meantime, to ALL of you who love Buffalo, the Buffalo Bills, and Buffalo Sabres (including the pitchfork crowd):

Merry Christmas and God Bless.

The Buffalo Bills lost to a very good team by 3 points in OT after fighting back to take the lead and having to overcome horrible referring and missed tackles.

They fought back even though there were those (in the first half) who insinuated that the team was not with Rex.

I knew that you would not disappoint and that you and the rest of the Rex Haters would try to use a 3 point loss to a good team in OT to carry on with your march to the Bastille.

I still see no reason to blow up the coaching staff and rinse and repeat. I will continue to focus on the forest rather than the trees. My views have not changed. Two years (less than two years) is not enough time to fairly evaluate Rex - especially under the circumstances of these past two years.

I am going to take the rest of this day off from arguing with the usual guys who seem to have made it their life's mission to have someone fired and enjoy my Christmas visit home to the City of Good Neighbors with my immediate and Buffalo family.

In the meantime, to ALL of you who love Buffalo, the Buffalo Bills, and Buffalo Sabres (including the pitchfork crowd):

So that's a no, then.

Merry Christmas.

really? You play to win. Punting was a play to tie. And a tie equals a loss. Terrible call. 4th and ten, punt.

4th and 2 or 3 grab your sack and go for it

The defense bailed in each make or break game we had this year. At Miami, At Seattle, Home to Oakland and Miami. Rex pays his load of a bro a few million to run the same sh!t defense that got him booted out of New Orleans. Rex should be booted for that alone. This is two years of missed playoffs due solely to coaching.

By which measurement is the Bills' defense 19th?

Umm...NFL.com., Pro football Refererence, and, I assume, every other reliable source...

So, that's it? That correct information was making my post "measurably false"?

But I assume they fell a little further down in the rankings after yet another historic defensive collapse.

Hopefully yesterday's defensive debacle erased any doubt by you, by all, at what needs to be done.

Just like the #19, a huge decline from their 4th place ranking when ryan arrived, the evidence, the measurable facts, are overwhelming. It is right in front of our eyes, the reality.

Umm...NFL.com., Pro football Refererence, and, I assume, every other reliable source...

So, that's it? That correct information was making my post "measurably false"?

But I assume they fell a little further down in the rankings after yet another historic defensive collapse.

Hopefully yesterday's defensive debacle erased any doubt by you, by all, at what needs to be done.

Just like the #19, a huge decline from their 4th place ranking when ryan arrived, the evidence, the measurable facts, are overwhelming. It is right in front of our eyes, the reality.

You were completely wrong. Spare us the back pedal.

You were completely wrong. Spare us the back pedal.

Is this guy always such a yahoo, dishonest, shmuck?

Posts read like he is a 4th grade dropout in an asylum of some kind.

Does he never back himself up with real facts, always lie, and always try to drag others down to his low low level?

Shameful that someone like this can continue to post on this board.

Does he never back himself up with real facts, always lie, and always try to drag others down to his low low level?

Lordy. So you misrepresent facts, get called on them, disappear, back pedal, then drift into insults? Do come back to us.

The Bills weren't ranked 19th in anything. They. Were. Not.

You exaggerated to prove your point. You got called on it. Where you intend to go from here I haven't the foggiest.

Lordy. So you misrepresent facts, get called on them, disappear, back pedal, then drift into insults? Do come back to us.

The Bills weren't ranked 19th in anything. They. Were. Not.

You exaggerated to prove your point. You got called on it. Where you intend to go from here I haven't the foggiest.

vYuxEvv.gif

Last year? They were 19th in yards.

Yep. And the post in question said quite clearly (twice) that they were 19th this year. At the time they were 13-15 (I honestly don't remember which) in points AND yards.

It was *measurably* wrong.

Flubbing facts to bolster a case against Rex is unnecessary and cheapens all similar arguments. Keep it clean.

Defensive stats per http://www.footballdb.com/stats/teamstat.html?group=D&cat=T&sort=passypg

Points allowed per game 15th

Rush yards allowed per game 28th

Pass yards allowed per game 7th

Yards allowed per game 19th

Defensive stats per

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

DVOA defensive ranking 24th

Defensive points per drive 23rd

(last week, this week's numbers aren't up yet)

Defensive stats per http://www.footballdb.com/stats/teamstat.html?group=D&cat=T&sort=passypg

Defensive stats per

Those are through 16 weeks, 15 games. Post was through 14 games, when we weren't.

Edited by The Big Cat

Defensive stats per

Thank you, vp. And according to NFL.com as well, 19th in defense in yards per game. And ditto on The Football Database, 19th. Etcetera...

Curious if this this guy is always like this? I am very longtime member but don't have the time to post a lot. Is he somehow just joking around or really that out of touch with reality? I called him out on a load of BS, inaccuracy, in his post, and then, in response, just keeps spewing out more. Pathetic.

Thank you, vp. And according to NFL.com as well, 19th in defense in yards per game. And ditto on The Football Database, 19th. Etcetera...

Curious if this this guy is always like this? I am very longtime member but don't have the time to post a lot. Is he somehow just joking around or really that out of touch with reality? I called him out on a load of BS, inaccuracy, in his post, and then, in response, just keeps spewing out more. Pathetic.

You were wrong.

You exaggerated to make a point, which was needless.

If you'd like to keep talking about me, though, that's fine. Lord knows I'm game!

Those are through 16 weeks, 15 games. Post was through 14 games, when we weren't.

OK, that's fine. Idk what the stats were last week.

The point I think some are trying to make is that the defense is NOT very good. He promised to make us the number 1 defense, but ruined the number 4 D under Schwartz. Schwartz's D with this O would have us in the playoffs. We keep going round and round here.

OK, that's fine. Idk what the stats were last week.

The point I think some are trying to make is that the defense is NOT very good. He promised to make us the number 1 defense, but ruined the number 4 D under Schwartz. Schwartz's D with this O would have us in the playoffs. We keep going round and round here.

And that's fine. I've taken umbrage with the Wex Pwomised line, and I've contested the fact that a defense ranked in the top half of the league (which they were after 14 games) is good (not great).

I was expecting them to finish strong and take care of business against Miami and New York. In doing so, it would have padded their stats to finish the year.

I was wrong about that. The defense did not show up on Sunday. That was plain for everyone to see. I think you'd be wrong to blame scheme, though. There were plenty of times when players were in a position to make a play and simply did not. In no small way, that too, though, goes back to coaching.

I've battled against the anti-Rex zealots for nearly 24 months now. Not because I support the guy, but because their stances tend to be hyperbolic and preposterous (exhibit a: having to misrepresent statistical facts to make your point).

I'm on record in several places and in several forms of media expressing my concerns immediately following the Rex Ryan hire that he isn't a preparation coach, not a fundamentals guy, skimps on the details.

That's why our team lacks basic fundamentals. That's why they lose games like they did on Sunday. And that's why I won't be sorry to see him go.

Calling people out on their bull **** does not a Rex lover make. But the shrinking minority that seems to be the most full of bull **** can't seem to grasp this.

And that's fine. I've taken umbrage with the Wex Pwomised line, and I've contested the fact that a defense ranked in the top half of the league (which they were after 14 games) is good (not great).

I was expecting them to finish strong and take care of business against Miami and New York. In doing so, it would have padded their stats to finish the year.

I was wrong about that. The defense did not show up on Sunday. That was plain for everyone to see. I think you'd be wrong to blame scheme, though. There were plenty of times when players were in a position to make a play and simply did not. In no small way, that too, though, goes back to coaching.

I've battled against the anti-Rex zealots for nearly 24 months now. Not because I support the guy, but because their stances tend to be hyperbolic and preposterous (exhibit a: having to misrepresent statistical facts to make your point).

I'm on record in several places and in several forms of media expressing my concerns immediately following the Rex Ryan hire that he isn't a preparation coach, not a fundamentals guy, skimps on the details.

That's why our team lacks basic fundamentals. That's why they lose games like they did on Sunday. And that's why I won't be sorry to see him go.

Calling people out on their bull **** does not a Rex lover make. But the shrinking minority that seems to be the most full of bull **** can't seem to grasp this.

What was the stat tthat put them in the top half of the league? Edited by jmc12290

What was the star that put them in the top half of the league?

Through 14 games they were 13/14/15 (some combination of those three numbers, I honestly don't remember which) in points and yards.

After Sunday's deluge, not so much.

I was anticipating the opposite. I was obviously wrong about that.

Through 14 games they were 13/14/15 (some combination of those three numbers, I honestly don't remember which) in points and yards.

After Sunday's deluge, not so much.

I was anticipating the opposite. I was obviously wrong about that.

Wasn't the 2013 defense top 10 in yards and you claimed still was bad?