414 members have voted

1. 1. What to do about Rex.

• Fire Rex before next season.
    • Retain Rex to coach next season.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're going to disqualify wins (or potential ones), then I'm looking forward to your list of disqualified losses because of the personnel issues our team was going through.

Has nothing to do with disqualifying wins or losses. If you can't assess a coach after 30 games and are waiting on the results of two more games against two backup QB's, then you simply aren't capable of assessing a coach.

Rex needs to get rid of his twin, hire a real DC. The numbers do not lie.

Reggie Ragland will help. Getting a safety will help. Maybe Shaq Lawson will come around.

If we dump the guy after 2 years it will be difficult to get a commitment from a new coach.

I would get rid of Whaley. Overrated. Narcissistic. Why did he cut Cockrell? That guy is a stud.

Has nothing to do with disqualifying wins or losses. If you can't assess a coach after 30 games and are waiting on the results of two more games against two backup QB's, then you simply aren't capable of assessing a coach.

Then what the hell do the backup QB's in our last two games have to do with anything? Why keep making that qualifier if you're not "dis" qualifying anything?

I don't think giving a guy only two years is acceptable unless he's totally terrible. I'm on board for one more year of judgement before we shiv the mofo.

I'm all for getting rid of Rob though... According to a buddy of mine, who spoke with a player on the defense last week, Rob makes the defensive calls and many of the defensive players do not like and/or respect him.

Edited by Wooderson

Rex ruined a great defense. Then brought his brother in to fix it and turns it into a one trick pony that can either stop the run or the pass but can't do both. Rex just wanted someone to travel with him to Clemson and the WS because he obviously didn't have work to do.

The Defensive brain trust picks the Steeler game to stop the pass when the weather already had an adverse effect on the passing game. No need to worry about the Pitt run game, it won't go nuclear on us. Too stupid for words. Similar plan in the first Miami game.

No thought to half time adjustments in the Oak game even tho Oak Offense had been making great half time adjustments against everyone else. Really, you don't prepare for them making adjustments? Similar lack of preparedness versus Seattle.

There are 3 in the D brain trust, Rex, Rob and Thurman. Get rid of all of them.

Opening drive of the Pats game, we drive down and get a FG. Everyone knew the game was over even tho we scored on our first drive? Our coaches cannot out coach anyone.

We will not beat a winning team this year unless that team was without their starting QB (NE and maybe Miami on Saturday) but I doubt we give much of an effort versus Miami. Moore will clearly outshine TT.

i don't care if we won 9, 10, 11 or 12 games we need a coach that can beat at least one winning team every year.

Almost efforts versus Bal, Sea and Oak are indicative of Rex' losing culture that extends back to last few Jets teams.

Those who think we gave a good showing when we only lost to Pitt by 7 exemplify the epitome of a losing culture.

I would love to fire Rex, but I don't want to be in the same position as the Rams, where the interview process is just starting. I also don't like that we have the Rams, and the Jags to compete with for a decent coach. If we fire Rex, I want a HC who can get us to the playoffs next season. Or, at leaf give us a winning season out of the box. I can't stomach another "rebuilding year."

I would imagine that getting to the playoffs would change a lot of minds about Rex.

Got news for you, we will be worse next year. It is a talent issue and we don't have lot of cap space or draft picks to fill all of the new holes from free agent losses and to be able to improve areas of weakness. I fear, this team sadly is starting it's decline...

When people say he "ruined a great defense," do they understand that "great" defenses tend to last for more than one season? Did they forget that two short years prior to "greatness" we were among the worst--if not the worst--defenses in franchise history? And that the season immediately preceding "greatness" we were 28th in the league against the run?

The 2014 references and the pining for its "greatness" make it seem like it was emblematic of some kind of legacy. It wasn't. It was an immediate, sudden and very dramatic spike. We have regressed to "above average."

2010: horrible

2011: horrible

2012: horrible

2013: below average

2014: great

2015: average/above average

2016: above average

Can we please toss out the phrase "he ruined a great defense?"

Cat..the Philosophy for me is more on the overall theme...run, play defence, don't turn the ball over. I know the Broncos did it last year, but D is just SOOO HARD to maintain. I believe our record against good teams is a direct result of that philosophy...good teams score, force you to pass...

As you mentioned, the run/pass ratio out of whack...but I think that is intentional. And like you said, we can chicken/egg it all day long...is it cause the QB stinks they run so much? Could be.

In terms of the QB...on that we can agree!

So next question..would you want Rex to stay if he insists on haveing TT back next year?

In terms of the coaches..Garret and Pete Carrol were ones that were kept with less than stellar first two years...but that's about it. Way more you can point to that get fired after year 3 anyway, and just delay the inevitable

Denver can't even maintain it. It is hit bottled lightening one year and then back to middle of the pack the next year...

You can't lay all of the blame at Rex, he has his flaws; but talent and the roster have a lot of blame as well. You have 2 options really:

1.) Keep it the same, but know that there will be further regression with the way the roster is constructed - more aging, tons of FAs, not a lot of cap space, not a ton of draft picks and not a big way to improve our current weaknesses on top of all of this.

2.) Blow it all up, Coaches and Front Office all go. The front office does not know how to build a team and most have been involved since Donahoe was canned (exception Whaley). Doug is a pro-personnel guy and damn good one at that; drafting and scouting below average.

The third option maintains the wheel of mediocrity - fire Rex and keep the FO this fixes nothing...

Personally I prefer option #2, a new FO will want their own coach; rarely does a new FO keep the current coach and not end up canning them a year or 2 down the road. I think you can find better than Rex and have a new GM find the guy. I also think you can find a better GM....

82 of you want mediocrity and an undisciplined team who has PROVEN itself to not be coached up properly against all average and above teams. You want a culture of play when you want, that allows Cardale Jones to be inactive, that accepts excuses over results.

The main argument will always be sick of change and continuity amongst you 82. Well, guess what? You have to CHANGE in order to find that winning combination!!!! Accepting the same old same old for continutiy dooms us to being outside the playoffs looking in.

Frankly speaking, you 82 who voted to keep Rex Ryan next season need to be a fan of another team post haste. You're a part of the problem by accepting this buffoonery.

PS. FIRE DOUG WHALEY

Are you kidding me does everyone want more of the same next year :wallbash::thumbdown::bag:

Bills fans are suckers.

A win against the Browns and some are reconsidering. Lol.

I voted to fire him after the season. Time to move on. We are not making the playoffs.

The thing that always bothered me about Rex is the game management. The prime example of this was the Oakland game. We had no business blowing up like that.

Then what the hell do the backup QB's in our last two games have to do with anything? Why keep making that qualifier if you're not "dis" qualifying anything?

Ignore the backup QB if you're hung up on it. How about I say one game against a Jets team that has already checked out on the season? The point is these two games are going to tell you nothing that hasn't been learned in the previous 30. We know Rex can beat backup QB's already.

When people say he "ruined a great defense," do they understand that "great" defenses tend to last for more than one season? Did they forget that two short years prior to "greatness" we were among the worst--if not the worst--defenses in franchise history? And that the season immediately preceding "greatness" we were 28th in the league against the run?

The 2014 references and the pining for its "greatness" make it seem like it was emblematic of some kind of legacy. It wasn't. It was an immediate, sudden and very dramatic spike. We have regressed to "above average."

2010: horrible

2011: horrible

2012: horrible

2013: below average

2014: great

2015: average/above average

2016: above average

Can we please toss out the phrase "he ruined a great defense?"

We were going to fall off the cliff in 2015 regardless....

Ignore the backup QB if you're hung up on it. How about I say one game against a Jets team that has already checked out on the season? The point is these two games are going to tell you nothing that hasn't been learned in the previous 30. We know Rex can beat backup QB's already.

Good, because if you want to make the playoffs, you gotta be better than the teams you're supposed to beat. And we are. Consistently.

Was that your point?

Good, because if you want to make the playoffs, you gotta be better than the teams you're supposed to beat. And we are. Consistently.

Was that your point?

We are going to have to win games against teams above us in the standings" which Rex has failed to do.