Guess how many teams...

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we do need better qb play but tyrod is not the issue. if they decide to can rex they need to bring in a def coord to take us back to 4-3 set up and get us back top 5. but tyrod needs to redo his deal first.

I'd be onboard with this. Keep TT restructured, bring in another QB, and get a DC.

Don't forget Sammy...

who??

And yet 4 of the top 10 passing yardage leaders are already eliminated, with Cousins hanging by a thread, and Flacco's and Rodgers' hopes tenuous.

need balance on offense and defense. We have no offensive balance, and when you hit a D like the Steelers (which, IMO, really isn't great) it stops you until garbage time. We also need overall team balance by having a more consistent D.

You don't have to have a 400 yard passer, you need to have one who can hit the throws when he needs to, make the big plays when they're available. 200 yards is plenty if it comes with a great running game like the Bills have. Also, your defense can't !@#$in suck. Middle of the pack atleast with some timely turnovers and sacks can get it done. TT can be the QB I described, and has been in some games.

What gives you any inclination that Lynn is a good HC Candidate?

His innovative Wild Cat? That he learned fro Rex and has many similar ideals? He wants to be the only running team in the passing league? If a player gets hurt you change the game plan?

Not true. The Bills are tied with three teams for 6th in that regard. Still good in the 6th-9th range, but not 3rd.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/offensive-touchdowns-per-game

The Bills rank 10th overall offensively in DVOA by Football Outsiders. That's 1st in Rushing Offense and 19th in Passing Offense.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamoff

Not really tough to see the problem with the offense when you look at the whole picture.

Actually, the OP never said that they were 3rd. Just stated that 2 other teams have more offensive TD's than the Bills. At the end of the game, all that matters is who scored more points. The offense is putting points on the board and doing their job. Unfortunately the defense is not doing theirs and allowing the other team to score more.

I'm impressed that the Bills have a top third offense for 2nd straight season. I'm impressed that they have the #1 rushing attack in the league, headed by a dual threat QB who worries defenses despite what many people here think.

I'm not impressed that we still can't make the playoffs (and i blame the constant change and New England success since B&B arrived for a lot of that, we never get a break with a down divisional year).

What would i like to see next year? Obviously a better D.. but on O, i'd sacrifice some of the gaudy rushing stats for bit more chunk passing. Get down the field in fewer plays. They haven't asked Tyrod to be that guy very much this year...and when they have, the receivers were hurt and/or kind of sucked...and Taylor would miss some open guys as well.

I'm impressed that the Bills have a top third offense for 2nd straight season. I'm impressed that they have the #1 rushing attack in the league, headed by a dual threat QB who worries defenses despite what many people here think.

I'm not impressed that we still can't make the playoffs (and i blame the constant change and New England success since B&B arrived for a lot of that, we never get a break with a down divisional year).

What would i like to see next year? Obviously a better D.. but on O, i'd sacrifice some of the gaudy rushing stats for bit more chunk passing. Get down the field in fewer plays. They haven't asked Tyrod to be that guy very much this year...and when they have, the receivers were hurt and/or kind of sucked...and Taylor would miss some open guys as well.

No no no. Getting down the field in fewer plays makes the defense worse because they are tired.

We can agree to disagree on this one. I think Taylor's ability to run himself keeps defenses honest and makes it easier for whoever has the ball when he hands it off. You can say McCoy was just as effective with Philadelphia but look at what Karlos did last year and what Gillislee has done this year. Or else we have the best run blocking team in the NFL by far. One of those must be true.

His ability to run doesn't keep teams honest. They will still put 9 in the box with one of them to keep an eye on Taylor. I also believe someone said you had a top 5 Oline so ya they can run it! But no online can give a WB 5-7 seconds to throw the ball.

His ability to run doesn't keep teams honest. They will still put 9 in the box with one of them to keep an eye on Taylor. I also believe someone said you had a top 5 Oline so ya they can run it! But no online can give a WB 5-7 seconds to throw the ball.

It actually does. You should watch some Bills games before forming an opinion.

It actually does. You should watch some Bills games before forming an opinion.

(Eye roll) I watch FOOTBALL, and seeing as how Montana and Youngster ability to scramble didn't open up the run game but their arm did I STAND behind what I said. Way you talk Trbow would be considered a good QB.

(Eye roll) I watch FOOTBALL, and seeing as how Montana and Youngster ability to scramble didn't open up the run game but their arm did I STAND behind what I said. Way you talk Trbow would be considered a good QB.

People are hopeless when it comes to Tyrod Taylor.

Look at Lesean McCoy pre "Tyrod super duper effect run game credit"