Guess how many teams...

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have more offensive touchdowns than the Bills this season?

Two. The Falcons and the Saints.

Blow the whole thing up.

you are actually wrong the Bills have 41 offensive TC behind several teams: Bills have 3 defensive TD's.

Atlanta has 50 offensive TD's

NO has 48

Dallas has 42

Green Bay has 42

Tennessee has 41

Buffalo has 41

LA is last with only 20

You're being willfully blind to the offense's faults and shortcomings if you think points scored is THE measure of offensive effectiveness. Has the defense been hot garbage at times? Absolutely. But that's PRECISELY when you need the offense to keep up with the opponent, and that's one thing our almighty rushing offense cannot do. It cannot come back when behind by a margin of 7+ and it CANNOT win a shootout.

This offense wasn't built or intended to win "shootouts".......because this D was built to prevent them.

Where have you been for the past 2 years?

you are actually wrong the Bills have 41 offensive TC behind several teams: Bills have 3 defensive TD's.

Atlanta has 50 offensive TD's

NO has 48

Dallas has 42

Green Bay has 42

Tennessee has 41

Buffalo has 41

LA is last with only 20

This has been covered. A fairly reputable guy posted this on Twitter yesterday. If he was mistaken, I apologize. It sounds like they're ranked high enough in this category that it doesn't really change the point of the topic.

Good we run scores up on bad teams and garbage time. Awesome.

Oh my God. Yeah we are the only team in football that ever plays bad teams and is behind sometimes. Everyone else's points count but some of ours don't. We are the outlier; we play in an abnormal number of these situations relative to every other team. Every year, we have an easy schedule and no one else does. It's crazy but you may be onto something. Edited by metzelaars_lives

This has been covered. A fairly reputable guy posted this on Twitter yesterday. If he was mistaken, I apologize. It sounds like they're ranked high enough in this category that it doesn't really change the point of the topic.

Oh my God. Yeah we are the only team in football that ever plays bad teams and is behind sometimes. Everyone else's points count but some of ours don't. We are the outlier; we play in an abnormal number of these situations relative to every other team.

Watch the games out the stats in context how many of those stars are when a game is in garbage time. Cool pad stat time.

A) I never said I was defending Taylor.

B) Is your contention that defending Taylor is just as much a stretch as defending Manuel was a few years ago?

A) no of course, you in fact insisted the opposite, then proceeded to post a defense of Taylor.

B) my contention is you're tying yourself into knots for the glory of dying on Tyrod's hill.

Watch the games out the stats in context how many of those stars are when a game is in garbage time. Cool pad stat time.

There has actually been some rare intelligent and non-argumentative back and forth between people who disagree in this thread, don't derail the whole thing. This is like dumbest point anyone can make. You sound like Biff from Tonawanda calling in on the post game show after a few too many pops. Edited by metzelaars_lives

There has actually been some rare intelligent and non-argumentative back and forth between people who disagree in this thread, don't derail the whole thing. This is like dumbest point anyone can make. You sound like Biff from Tonawanda calling in on the post game show after a few too many pops.

No it's not. Example your down 3 TDs and score two late in garbage time doesn't matter but sure does help the stats so late in the year someone can say we have so many TDs we should stand pat.

The reality is no because stats were run up during a game when you are dominating or in garbage time.

That's why these type stats and total point total stats are deceiving when taken by themselves and out of context.

No it's not. Example your down 3 TDs and score two late in garbage time doesn't matter but sure does help the stats so late in the year someone can say we have so many TDs we should stand pat.

The reality is no because stats were run up during a game when you are dominating or in garbage time.

That's why these type stats and total point total stats are deceiving when taken by themselves and out of context.

I understand the concept of "garbage time." But your intimation that the Bills being a top ten scoring offense each of the last two seasons has an asterisk because they have more or less garbage time than any other team is absurd. They sometimes put up garbage points. They sometimes give up garbage points. SO DOES EVERY TEAM IN FOOTBALL. There is nothing unique about the Bills that makes their rankings illegitimate relative to other teams. Do you understand what I am saying? Edited by metzelaars_lives

I would say this is a time when stats don't show the full story. I mean would anyone consider the Bills O more potent than GB, Detroit, Seattle, NE, Pitt, Oakland, NO,Atlanta, etc.. and I think TN and Mariota scarier O.

Please don't include Detroit... in recent games they've scored 6 (Giants L), 20 (Bears W), 16 & 22 (Vikes, both W's), 13 (Texans L), 20 (Redskins W)..

I would call their offense very NOT-scary, despite Stafford being able to throw for > 250 yards eight times this year.

Offense is one dimensional.. and never shows up in crunch time or desperation time

The defense never shows up against good QB's and obviously doesn't play well against powerhouse teams likes pittsburgh

the team lacks heart and has to many players who don't give it their all.. this is a HC GM situation when the players aren't living up to expectations

I've come around to this too. The O isn't the problem and has been generally pretty good under Lynn. They need to work on longer drives in teh 2nd half, fewer 3 and outs, but given the situation Lynn would be a good choice to maintain at least a veneer of stability and continuity. Find a creative young DC and maybe we have our coaching staff for a while

This also has worked this season for the Giants and Tampa Bay, so there's some precedent for it.