Watch Rex really close. I think he has been already told.

Iraq Vet

I know a team with a winning record about the make the playoffs and they actually lost the reigning DPOY, not a middling safety.

Good for you.

P.S. I know you are smart enough to have read the words "by way of example" and know what they mean.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a team with a winning record about the make the playoffs and they actually lost the reigning DPOY, not a middling safety.

Seattle had BOTH their starting safeties make it to the Pro Bowl in 2015.

They also had Pro Bowlers at every level of the defense: DL, LB, CB, and S

Safety is an extremely important position on pretty much every great defense. Seattle has two. They still have 1, and they will be great but not as great as they were.

Safety is an extremely important position on pretty much every great defense. Seattle has two. They still have 1, and they will be great but not as great as they were.

. How important is the defensive player of the year?

That...sadly...is one of the failings of Doug Whaley who does not see Safety as a important position based on his tendicies

And I actually root for Whaley

I would be shocked, because it would be absurd.

The Bills would get crushed in the sports media and they would deserve it. No playoffs for 17 years, but you finally find a coach who has a winning record after year #2 and you fire him to start all over again because you went 9-7 and just missed getting in.

Winning record after 2 seasons? Check

Winningest coach in 17 seasons? Check

Only in year #2? Check

You're fired.

It's INSANE!

Mediocrity, only in Bills land is it considered a success.

Agree to disagree.

I believe that the Pegulas have changed the attraction of working for both the Bills and Sabres. I think that they will reverse their goodwill if they fire Rex for the reasons I mentioned above. Such a decision would be self-defeating and short sighted.

Just my two cents.

No F/A is going to go to another team if Rex is fired. It's all about the $$$..unless you are talking about even dollars, and deciding between a team with a great coach and a team with a crappy coach. Guess which category Rex and his bozo brother fit into?

I doubt he's been told by ownership or the front office,but perhaps he's overheard some conversations or has had a "little birdie" tell him...I'm sure he is well liked and I wouldn't put it past someone to tell him something he's heard "in confidence" just as a friend so he isn't blindsided by it

Overreaction by bills fans for his head. He'll be back. The bills know you'll all be back next yr

If Rex is back next year I may watch about half the games. If you call that being back from breathing Bills 24-7....I am in.

Mike and Mike on ESPN they had Adam Schefter on. They debated the potential firing of Rex and it was panned. Golic pointed out the guy is in year two and to fire him is bad. This is what bad franchises do. The topic of who in the organization that is planting seeds in the media about the potential firing was addressed. That person is self serving. Wonder who benefits most from Rex being fired? Last that if they do go 9-7 and fire Rex it means friction behind the scenes. The opinion is that Whaley and Rex are at odds on philosophy. The drama continues on One Bills Drive.

Who benefits from Rex being fired.....

1. The Bills

2. The players

3. The fans

Who doesn't...

1. The current staff minus the new scapegoat?

Pity the next HC. No QB and all you get is two years

You get more than two years if you are capable of coaching in the NFL. There are grey areas.

What coach says I am not going there because I am not good enough to coach out my contract?

Rarely coaches coach their whole contract.

What candidate says Rex had this thing going well and can't believe he was let go?

People watch games and can tell well coached from poorly coached.

Continuity is for things going well or at least not bad or in the wrong direction. If there was any chance for this man child to turn this around I would say..... continue. But, IMO there is zero chance Rex has the skill AND doesn't care to put the effort in to do so.

Pegulas paid over a billion for the team. Hundreds of million to run it annually....if you think he is keeping Rex, IMO, that's crazy. I am 100% confident Rex is being let go....or, I will lose all faith in the ownership.

Golic is 100% correct.

Not only is not the right thing to fire Rex (as it relates to Rex), it makes the organization and ownership look really, really bad.

As I have stated elsewhere, I seriously doubt that any good HC candidate who is in demand would look at the Bills HC job favorably if the Bills gave the current guy just two years especially given the depth of injuries, suspensions, and inadequate QB play.

This would be self-defeating.

Agree to disagree. People make mistakes...leaders correct them.

The Rex Haters are in full force desperately trying to justify in advance why it is a good idea to fire the Bills' most successful HC in 17 years.

Not being able to compete against above .500 teams isn't success. Not beat, but, compete! Do you enjoy watching knowing we can't beat a good team? We will not beat the Fish.

For what its worth: all my non-Bills friends (the majority), consisting of Giants, Jets, Dolphins, Chiefs, and Redskins fans all think that Rex will and should be back next season.

Do they watch the games?

Good for you.

P.S. I know you are smart enough to have read the words "by way of example" and know what they mean.

Oh my, this must be so tiring! I'm also behind the Pegulas giving him one more year, for many reasons (and despite my personal feelings about Rex).

This is really hilarious that people are willing to have another mediocre season under Rex, like I said after last season, you only keep Rex if you think you can make the playoffs. While there is a minute chance of that, Bills just don't look like a good team especially against strong or equal competition. I don't expect that change next season and all it will prove Rex got an extra year to be mediocre like he's always been. I rather the Pegulas admit hiring Rex was a mistake and that they will hire a smarter coach who knows how to coach in the modern NFL.

This is really hilarious that people are willing to have another mediocre season under Rex, like I said after last season, you only keep Rex if you think you can make the playoffs. While there is a minute chance of that, Bills just don't look like a good team especially against strong or equal competition. I don't expect that change next season and all it will prove Rex got an extra year to be mediocre like he's always been. I rather the Pegulas admit hiring Rex was a mistake and that they will hire a smarter coach who knows how to coach in the modern NFL.

Really? Like who? Why would a guy with a high IQ want to work for this organization in a position that looks exactly like the latest in a long line of fall-guys?