How are the Chiefs a playoff team?

somnus00

I know stats aren't everything (or rather, wins are the only stat that matters). But the Chiefs are 23rd in total offense, and 28th in total defense. How the hell are they 10 - 4 right now. They were a last second field goal away from being 11 - 3.

By contrast, the Bills are 18th and 15th respectively. Based on these rankings, you'd expect the Bills to be right around the middle of the pack as far as overall record.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a much better coaching staff that does what they can to win each week. That also includes preparing for 16 games. It also includes using the players to their abilities instead of teaching folks a 1980's system that is outdated.

That's a start...

I know stats aren't everything (or rather, wins are the only stat that matters). But the Chiefs are 23rd in total offense, and 28th in total defense. How the hell are they 10 - 4 right now. They were a last second field goal away from being 11 - 3.

By contrast, the Bills are 18th and 15th respectively. Based on these rankings, you'd expect the Bills to be right around the middle of the pack as far as overall record.

Their defense in the red zone is elite. Ours is not. They dont turn over the ball on offense and lead the league in takeaways. They dont commit stupid penalties.

Chiefs are exactly like us, except they limit mistakes and get some good luck. Just look at the last two times we played them; some guy falls down and gets a 108-yard pick 6? Bryce Brown fumbles the ball as he is going untouched across the goal line?

And sprinkle in a little of that too.

They get quite a few turnovers and also get big plays from their Special Teams.

If we played Denver, Oakland, San Diego two times each we'd probably be 3-3 at best.

The Bills find ways to lose games 50/50 games. Also losing at home is not an option. Good teams, playoff teams go 6-2, 7-1, 8-0 at home. A playoff team can go 5-3 but would need to be a decent road team.

Good teams find a way to win a road game at the Raiders, Dolphins, Seahawks, and Jets. The most winnable game there was in my opinion the Raiders game. A game in which the Defense collapsed and squandered a 25-9 lead. You can't blow leads and expect to be a playoff team.

Edited by Dr.Sack

Special teams, turnovers, and some pretty good luck. They won a couple games on kickoff returns or PAT returns or some other nonsense. I don't think they are a playoff team, and I think they will be once again blown out in the playoffs.

Andy Reid is a great regular season coach. Just like Dungy and Cowher. But they all suck in the playoffs. TO almost willed Reid and puking McNabb to a championship. The refs gave Cowher his only SuperBowl win. Reid blew a 28 point lead in the third quarter against the Colts.

I would probably take any of the three over Rex right now and his tragically flawed defense.