How are the Chiefs a playoff team?

somnus00

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chiefs seem to do all the little things that add up to winning a couple more of those close games that Bills fans end up lamenting by the end of the season. See Baltimore week 1, Jets week 2,.....Beat the teams you're supposed to, win your difficult home games, and do well against division opponents and you should be right in the playoffs picture.

Sounds like coaching to me.

They get quite a few turnovers and also get big plays from their Special Teams.

You were the first one to mention special teams. The best punt return man in the league for a long time was their own Dante Hall and then they took Tyreek Hill on the last day of the draft and he's been even better than Hall in his prime. The kid has given them at least 2 wins this year including that huge OT win in Denver a few weeks ago and a Raiders win. With Hill getting multiple td's in the same game already this season, I'd say theyre 8-6 without the kid at best.

He ran a 4.25 at the pro day and still dropped in the draft because of a domestic assault conviction involving his pregnant gf at the time. KC rolled the dice and hit a grand slam with this freak.

It's simple really. They have what we don't - good coaching.

Andy Reid is a bit puzzling to me. He could go down as one of the NFL's all-time worst game day coaches. His clock management blunders are epic. It was even funny to see him erroneously ice the titans kicker yesterday when he called a TO right before he missed the first time. Yet, it's undeniable he is otherwise a good coach.

They have a much better coaching staff that does what they can to win each week. That also includes preparing for 16 games. It also includes using the players to their abilities instead of teaching folks a 1980's system that is outdated.

That's a start...

Hard to argue with this.

I would add having a QB who can pass efficiently at a NFL caliber level to the equation as well.

Edited by P51

KC is a smoke and mirrors team. Offense and defense are ordinary. Big plays, turn overs and outstanding special teams is their edge.

Calling KC a smoke and mirrors team is the highest complement to a coaching staff. Great coaching gets extraordinary results out of the ordinary. It's all about coaching! Although I think people have always underestimate Smith at QB. He may not be flashy or a Brady, but he simply gets the job done. What is his win loss record over the past few years?