Gus Bradley Fired from Jags, Obviously -Marrone interimHC

Beef Jerky

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two more games. I'll be surprised if he gets the permanent HC job.

yea, almost certainly just an opportunity for him to get his name back into HC chatter this offseason -- regardless of w/l, if he can get the team to show up and play hard it would be a bit of momentum for him back in that direction. itll probably be another case of him being either HC or OL after the season and not OC.

He was a mediocre HC. Not a disaster. I think what will likely be a problem for him in getting hired as a HC in Jax or elsewhere is that he walked out on a HC job. Look how long it took Mularkey to overcome that. And Mularkey was walking away from a garbage fire so he might get a pass. Marrone was just cashing in.

Marrone had a great DC and a horrible OC. Hackett is what kept Marrone's Bills from the playoffs, not Marrone. And Schwartz is what got them close, not Marrone.

I think there are likely going to be 6 or 7 HC openings this offseason, including Buffalo. Marrone could look OK vs the competition, but my guess is his mediocre track record plus the stigma of walking out will keep him from a HC job.

How can the Jags name Doug Marrone HC when I seem to remember both Jason La Canfora and Schefter reporting that he was going to be the Jets head coach?

Can the Pegulas own the Sabres while the same guy serves as both the Jets and Jags' head coach?

That explains a lot already :lol:

Yeah, I think the Jags have gone on a 9 game losing streak since they fired OC Greg Olsen and promoted Hackett.

548 passing attempts vs 344 rushing attempts means they are forcing Bortles to carry the offense.We saw the same stuff with Orton.

If we fire Rex, maybe Gus Bradley could be an option to come in as DC?

I know that team in Seattle was VERY talented when he was there, and remained very talented after he left, so maybe that somewhat shows that it wasn't exactly his doing that made them good, so someone who knows how to evaluate these things could clarify better if he really is a skilled defensive mind, but I think it would be a valid option.

Maybe a guy like A. Lynn could come in as HC, and just handle the offensive side of the ball, with a known commodity on the defensive side to not overwhelm the young new HC?

I don't hate the idea of Lynn being HC, as long as we do something aggressive like bringing in Romo, drafting or signing a Legit #2WR, throwing another 3rd or 4th rounder at a QB, and a high pick on safety. Those moves would really have me excited for 2017.