La Canfora on FAN 590: Bills Situation "Toxic"

Doutz

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any bad news about Brandon and Whaley is good news to me, thanks Jason, more please.... keep it coming until Pegs finally wakes up and does the right thing.

Sadly, It honestly doesn't look good in that regard as Terry only listens to Brandon and Whaley. Terry Pegula was listening to Bill Polian and was thinking about that football czar and now that has evaporated like a water puddle on the sun,.

I don't understand why posters attack football reporters/insiders when they report on the dysfunction and problems at OBD. Most of the rumors that have been reported over the years turn out to be true, in one form or another. The Coughlin rumor was dismissed by many earlier this year and it turns out to be true (that he had met with the Pegulas). Same with Polian last year. I am sure more stuff will come out, and much of it will be true.

I'm guessing that the criticism is there because the rumor is coming from a guy who's been more wrong than right in the past.

Offense was ****ty?

Tyrod is a below average passer. The run game is the best in the league. They are in the top half of the league in points scored.

The blueprint was ground and pound and very good defense. The first part worked, the second part not so much.

This is fundamentally false. And it's been explained many many times. You just refuse to understand it.

The "ground" part of "ground and pound" involves sustaining drives and bludgeoning the defense over and over and over and over.

You honestly think that's how the offense has operated the last two years?

Offense was ****ty?

Tyrod is a below average passer. The run game is the best in the league. They are in the top half of the league in points scored.

The blueprint was ground and pound and very good defense. The first part worked, the second part not so much.

You'd love to be able to magically combine 2014 and 2015. The problem for you and your magic scenario is that w/o Rex here, I highly doubt that Tyrod would be in Buffalo.

Incognito also likely is elsewhere or out of the league.

He has a source but when has he been right on Buffalo? Honest question - I do not recall an instance where he was right. He definitely has a source with an agenda inside. I hope Terry finds out who it is and fires him.

He just might be making it up, all of it. It doesn't take "insider knowledge" to just look at the Bills situation and say, "Rex is on the hot seat." And a few minutes reading at TSW would give him "insider" info galore about the "toxic internal situation." Who's going to demand he reveal his "sources"? So he's free to say whatever he wants and claim it's from an "insider."

Incognito also likely is elsewhere or out of the league.

Don't be too quick on that assumption.

It was not all Rex's doing; that was definitely a two man operation to get the Pegulas to sign off on it

No, I'm suggesting that Polian is one of his sources. Polian doesn't think much of Whaley or Rex from what I understand, and he's not ready to step away from the politics of the NFL. And he has opinions about Buffalo. And he's both a hothead and an intriguer. Whether he wants in with the Bears or Bills or whoever isn't really material to the issue. I'm sorry I wasn't clearer.

There's a reason Polian's tenures have always ended in a less than pleasant manner.

On the Rich Eisen radio show... "If Doug Whaley and some other people of the football operations side had gotten their way things would have changed awhile ago". Several people inside the org have been in the owner's ear talking to him about seeing someone other than TT at QB and let's see what Anthony Lynn can do with this team before the season ends.

The owner would prefer to wait to see how things go while the team still has an ever so slight chance to make the playoffs.

It's been Whaley that wanted the change at QB to see what the kid can do.

As for 2017, it would take a remarkable turn of events on this team the next few weeks to see Rex Ryan return to the team next year.

Sounds like the 49ers situation when they hired tomsula. They wanted a controllable, yes man in charge of the team.

Trust me. If Whaley and Brandon are involved with hiring the next coach, it will be someone who is somewhat obscure but with marketable qualities. Like an Anthony Lynn or Jim Bob Cooter. Someone who will be grateful for the job and not question there decisions.

Edited by BrooklynBills

This is fundamentally false. And it's been explained many many times. You just refuse to understand it.

The "ground" part of "ground and pound" involves sustaining drives and bludgeoning the defense over and over and over and over.

You honestly think that's how the offense has operated the last two years?

Maybe not but there were more times than not that the offense played well enough to win and the defense failed

In the last two seasons the Bills have been 9-7 and 8-8 with a likely 8 win season this season at least. With no real QB answer on the roster, what would non-ass clowns have accomplished with the team?

Non a$$ clowns would have addressed the qb position in the last few years. They neglected the wr position and rt position this year. They did draft Lawson, but WR and RT position are big holes on offense. They would have done better contracts with Dareus re his prior behavior and McCoy paid him too much. They let Hogan walk because lack of cash. They are a mess. The have 6 wins against crappy teams this year. Nothing to get excited about. A$$ clowns.

Lacanfora has a source somewhere at OBD based on all the leaks he's shared the past few years. Don't know what that source's motive is or how credible but I don't immediately dismiss it.

He had "toxic" reports a couple years ago out of Cleveland that lots of people wanted to dismiss and they ended up to be true.

Also none of what he said would be shocking - except for the Cardale part unless Whaley was straight up lying on the radio this morning.

This is the problem with unsubstantiated stuff. You don't know the motivations of the sources. If Lacanfora has a source inside the organization, what's their motivation for talking?

I'm not dismissing it either but this has to be treated for what it is.

Of course the atmosphere is toxic at OBD. They've lost two in a row in poor fashion. They're out of the playoffs. Reputations and jobs are on line. People get emotional when that happens. I'm not defending the front office, the coaches or the players, because they're not getting the job done. That being said, I don't think it's because they're not giving it everything they have. Unfortunately they just don't have the right combination of talent/football intelligence/luck that's needed. That's everyone from the players, coaches and front office.

Of course, this can all be rectified by winning and getting into the playoffs.

Non a$$ clowns would have addressed the qb position in the last few years. They neglected the wr position and rt position this year. They did draft Lawson, but WR and RT position are big holes on offense. They would have done better contracts with Dareus re his prior behavior and McCoy paid him too much. They let Hogan walk because lack of cash. They are a mess. The have 6 wins against crappy teams this year. Nothing to get excited about. A$$ clowns.

Sounds pretty easy to me. Anyone could have done it.

Offense was ****ty?

31st pass o.

That's pretty ****ty.

This has offense as 20th defense at 18th

That would be yards only. 10th in PPG though.

31st pass o.

That's pretty ****ty.

Yes - but they are still in the top 10 in points scored. That is the argument. He should be benched, and probably not brought back. But that stat still stands that they are top 10 in points scored.