Rex Ryan says Buffalo Bills' defense is 'close'

Go Bills!!!

The sad thing is you appear to be right. Are the Pegulas really that stupid? Or do they not have any pride in Buffalo Region and respect for we fans? For Ralph it was all about the money. What is it all about for the Pegulas?

Money.

No not money in my opinion. It's to help Buffalo. Pegula is a hockey person which is why he bought the Sabres. I believe, and I have never met anyone in the Pegula family so it is only my belief, that the only reason he purchased the Bills was to keep them in Buffalo.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2016/12/rex_ryan_says_buffalo_bills_defense_is_close_and_needs_to_stay_the_course.html

Rex Ryan says Buffalo Bills' defense is 'close' and needs to 'stay the course'

And exactly what are the Bills' Defense close to? Giving up a 300 yard rushing performance???

close to being terrible just need 7 more draft picks from Harvard or Yale

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2016/12/rex_ryan_says_buffalo_bills_defense_is_close_and_needs_to_stay_the_course.html

Rex Ryan says Buffalo Bills' defense is 'close' and needs to 'stay the course'

And exactly what are the Bills' Defense close to? Giving up a 300 yard rushing performance???

Might be true. They might be close to a tipping point. Or not. Hard to say.

Rex's Ds usually require a really heady thumper in the middle. Zack is really doing a great all-around job, but I don't think he's really filling the Bart Scott role.

And the CBs seem to be playing below their own standards. Is that Rex's fault or their own?

I'm no big fan of Rex but I'm not sure he's wrong.

No not money in my opinion. It's to help Buffalo. Pegula is a hockey person which is why he bought the Sabres. I believe, and I have never met anyone in the Pegula family so it is only my belief, that the only reason he purchased the Bills was to keep them in Buffalo.

I believe the sky is orange.

he can bring back rex... or eat the remaining 15 million and spend a bunch more on ANOTHER coach who might not win anything.

The team doesn't bring in that many dollars that you can afford to just write off 15 million. Just the players cash out this year is about 158 million. Assuming the cap goes up - that means the shared revenue went up for this year. Each team gets a similar piece of the pie. You give up 38% of your home gate, and keep the rest. Not sure what the %s are for merchandise either. But either way - 5 million annually for 3 years? And then to top that off with another big check to another coach?

I get it - he has money. But isn't the purpose of spending upwards of a billion on an NFL franchise is so that i make money annually...?

Edited by dneveu

he can bring back rex... or eat the remaining 15 million and spend a bunch more on ANOTHER coach who might not win anything.

The team doesn't bring in that many dollars that you can afford to just write off 15 million. Just the players cash out this year is about 158 million. Assuming the cap goes up - that means the shared revenue went up for this year. Each team gets a similar piece of the pie. You give up 38% of your home gate, and keep the rest. Not sure what the %s are for merchandise either. But either way - 5 million annually for 3 years? And then to top that off with another big check to another coach?

I get it - he has money. But isn't the purpose of spending upwards of a billion on an NFL franchise is so that i make money annually...?

I think the unknown factor is Whaley

Does anyone get the sense that there is a power struggle going on with Whaley and Rex now......and that Whaley is sick of buying groceries for Rex's 20 something ranked D when he promised us a number 1 ranked D?

I bet Whaley is thinking "we should could use some more offensive playmakers on this team if we have to score 30 points a game to win"

Behind the scenes? Doug Whaley might be talking the Pegs into jettisoning RR.

Frankly it will be surprising if the Bills don't end up 9-7. Two home games against one of the worst teams in history and a team w/o its starting QB, and a road game against an inept opponent with an untested rookie QB. A loss to any one of those three teams is inexcusable and should be cause for firing. Three wins does not mean, however, that the Bills are headed in the right direction.

Frankly it will be surprising if the Bills don't end up 9-7. Two home games against one of the worst teams in history and a team w/o its starting QB, and a road game against an inept opponent with an untested rookie QB. A loss to any one of those three teams is inexcusable and should be cause for firing. Three wins does not mean, however, that the Bills are headed in the right direction.

I have little doubt we will limp to 9-7 and miss the playoffs and the team will spend all offseason trying to sell us fake hope that this team is anywhere near decent.

Before he bought the sabres I believe he said that he wanted the bills. Although it could have been he wanted to buy them to keep them in Buffalo.

Also might have been when he bought the sabres that he wanted the bills.

Edited by The Wiz

Although it was always speculated that he only was a hockey fan because he didn't really acknowledge being a huge Bills/Football fan publicly when he first came on the scene and saved the Sabres...after he bought the team he came out and said that was never the case and he always liked the Bills/football but he didn't feel it was appropriate to get into that discussion while Ralph was still alive. I actually get the impression that he seems more invested into the Bills than the Sabres to be honest