Interesting timing for this cardale jones story

dave mcbride

Yup. The spin job focused on getting fans engaged in the offseason (and buying 2017 season tickets) has already begun...

If TT is the QB next year I will be watching the games, but only when they're on the regular DTV channles (ESPN or FOX) or on the internet.

Cardale may well win 2 or 3. The problem is what happens when the people have the book on you?

Yup. If his accuracy and field reading are weak, he will be exposed before too long. I was not a fan of his play in college with regard to how it projected to the pros, if you know what I mean.

Jay Skurski doesn't spin for the Bills baby....check his other reads; he was calling Ron Darby a rapist

True, but this could stir up a qb controversy and help push Rex out, who really gets under a lot of the local sports media personalities skin.

The timing of the front office versus coaching staff article from Vic was not coincidental either. There's a fire going on behind closed doors and the sides are squaring off.

Discussion of Cardale playing is part of the battle going on over there. Yet, those front office people calling for CJ are the same who hadn't found a QB through 4 seasons.

TPegs has some tough decisions to make and the media is trying to influence him.

... knowing what we know now. These stories, as I'm sure everyone knows, are often planted by the organization. There were a couple of similar stories right around the same 24-hour period. http://buffalonews.com/2016/12/08/anthony-lynn-says-rookie-cardale-jones-want-waiting-runway/

the story is from the middle of last week. Didn't come out today.

And Jones could be the real deal, or not. I don't think Jones will have an impact one way or the other on ticket sales. We face weak teams from here on out. Even if he plays and throws 350 yards a week and 3 TD's, expect people to be rightly skeptical given the past 17 years.

At this point I am not sure what we have to lose

Yes.....C. Jones would probably throw like 2 picks a game.....but does have his merits as well

Im ready for change

Cardale is a Jameis Winston type QB (not the type Rex usually wants out there). He's not a caretaker/game manager. He's going to turn the ball over trying to make a play. He takes risks. He makes huge plays too. He will have you pulling your hair out and then doing cartwheels. He throws into coverage and wants his WR to make a play. I get the impression Rex wants to run the ball, throw it minimally and play D. Obviously that's only worked vs bad teams. But Cardale just doesn't seem like the type of roller coaster QB Rex wants and that's why I don't think he had much say in this draft pick. IMO Edited by YoloinOhio