Jerry Hughes disappearing act

jahbonas

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My bet is hand injury.

i'm no fan of hughes...but if i'm not mistaken, early part of season he was a league leader in QB pressures. lately, not so much.his signature impact is the tomahawk chop, strip, sack, fumble, tdunfortunately he gets way more penalties than any of those.if he played for the hoodie in new England, his lack of discipline would get his azz cut, in buffalo he is rewarded with a massive 5 yr $45 mil deal.

He's hurt. Pretty simple explanation for the decline. Bills fans don't factor it in enough.

Wouldnt surprise me if its something that we find out later on that hes played with all season and has to have offseason surgery.

Yup. Remember when everyone thought Kyle Williams had started to suck but the real reason was the bone spur problem? Or Robert Woods' speed decline last year or Hogan's suddenly shaky hands? Both were due to injuries--torn groin muscle and wrist ligament tear. Heck, even Jim Kelly's mid-season downward spiral after a sensational start to the 1992 season was because of a ruptured bursar sac. There are a ton of injuries in the NFL, needless to say, and player performance is definitely often affected. Hughes is one in a very, very long line. He was phenomenal out of the gate this season.