If Tyrod and EJ both hit FA market

TSOL

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which team is desperate enough to give EJ a chance to compete as a starter?

The same can be said for Tyrod.

Jets, San Fran, Bears, Denver. Although i wouldnt be surprised to see Elway go for a passer like EJ before they go for a running QB like Tyrod.

So, say we dont pick up the option on Tyrod, and EJ is cut, like most of us presume he will be. Who gets signed first?

To me it is not a foregone conclusion that Tyrod is so much better, i see significant interest in EJ. I think if they both hit free agency, i think EJ gets picked up first.

Flame away...

I guarantee you that EJ will not be cut by the Bills this offseason.

I don't even think EJ Manuel thinks of himself as highly as some posters on this board. I think everyone else in the United States, including EJ Manuel and his agent, realizes that he has a nice career ahead of him as an NFL backup QB. Very much like a Todd Collins. No serious team will be looking at him as a potential starter. Tyrod Taylor, who has undoubtedly regressed this year and I would not be upset if the Bills cut ties with, WILL unquestionably be looked at as a potential starter if he hits the open market and could absolutely win a Super Bowl as a game manager on a team like Denver. That's reality folks. That's just the way it is.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

This is a very real possibility. If the Bills can't get Tie-rod to renegotiate his deal, I don't think they're going to pay him 27M next year. Cutting him outright could happen. If I'm EJ, why stick around Buffalo? Fan base hates me, will never forgive me for London, so why not try to find a better place? That leaves us with Cardale Jones, any QB draft picks we may choose to use, or any number of the FA QB dreck out there. 2017 is an even darker place for the Bills and a QB. We are well and truly !@#$ed.

I don't even think EJ Manuel thinks of himself as highly as some posters on this board. I think everyone else in the United States, including EJ Manuel and his agent, realizes that he has a nice career ahead of him as an NFL backup QB. Very much like a Todd Collins. No serious team will be looking at him as a potential starter. Tyrod Taylor, who has undoubtedly regressed this year and I would not be upset if the Bills cut ties with, WILL unquestionably be looked at as a potential starter if he hits the open market and could absolutely win a Super Bowl as a game manager on a team like Denver. That's reality folks. That's just the way it is.

You dont get to be a first round NFL quarterback without a deep rooted competitive nature. EJ wants out of Buffalo, a fresh start, and somewhere he can compete. Im certain he will get a chance, a chance to compete.

I can not for the life of me, see Elway make a lateral move from Siemian, and pay Tyrod starting QB money. Not with Lynch waiting in the wings. Elway would wanna rip his head off after four games.

Maybe Jacksonville would give Tyrod the starting job, im looking at the teams wondering who would pick up Tyrod as their starter. Im not seeing that many teams.

I would resign TT at a solid if not a little more back up salary. I still think Cardale should get first crack and we should draft a QB several so so's this year and we might get lucky. Remember Wilson rd 3, Cousin's rd 4 and Barkley is not done auditioning 4 rd

You dont get to be a first round NFL quarterback without a deep rooted competitive nature. EJ wants out of Buffalo, a fresh start, and somewhere he can compete. Im certain he will get a chance, a chance to compete.

I can not for the life of me, see Elway make a lateral move from Siemian, and pay Tyrod starting QB money. Not with Lynch waiting in the wings. Elway would wanna rip his head off after four games.

Maybe Jacksonville would give Tyrod the starting job, im looking at the teams wondering who would pick up Tyrod as their starter. Im not seeing that many teams.

Jets

That leaves us with Cardale Jones, any QB draft picks we may choose to use, or any number of the FA QB dreck out there. 2017 is an even darker place for the Bills and a QB. We are well and truly !@#$ed.

Not if the Bills get Chad Kelly! I'd say go hard after the kid and let the glory years be re-born for the next generation of Kelly tough!

This organization does not have the stones to walk away from Taylor, that's my fear.

and start whom?

I guarantee you that EJ will not be cut by the Bills this offseason.

duly noted.

BTW i can see that being true.

Until something better shakes loose

Not if the Bills get Chad Kelly! I'd say go hard after the kid and let the glory years be re-born for the next generation of Kelly tough!

sentimentalist

Agree with the rest of your post just do not agree with the bolded.