It's the Defense!!!

gjv001

1. I'm just predicting the results,

2. Which part of our defense will you call pathetic next year? Last year it was Mario, so we drafted 3 front 7 superstars....this year it is the secondary. At any point do you wonder about a scheme that hasn't worked in almost a decade? We have injuries with Williams and Darby gone for sure but Gilmore has talent. There is no denying that he does. Ryan friggin Fitzpatrick beat us like a drum because the scheme made it easy. It might happen a lot with Carr but it does not happen a lot for Fitz. Up next Ben. Do you think he'll be able to decipher Rex's master plan right away or will it take until the middle of the first quarter.

Rex has to give up control of the defense to a completely outside brand new DC or things will never work. I really do think Rex might be a decent HC if he can be hands off. Of course we'll have to re-tool because players like Ragland, who Rex sees as Dick Butkus, do not fit in the NFL any more. Don't get me wrong, from seeing Ragland play in college he looked like a potential HOFer. If he played when Butkus played.

I harped on safety play all last year too. And I've been repeatedly said that we should have done more (what I'm not sure) to improve the position this past offseason.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tyrod and gang failed for a half a game, pretty spectacularly.

The defense failed for most of the game. Wasted talent

Special Teams cost us dearly.

Coaching could be characterized as inconsistent and hungry.

General managing did nothing but chew tobacco.

Front Office is figuring out a way to put more PCP in the Tim Hortons hot chocolate.

Ownership did nothing but grumble and count their money.

There is plenty of blame to spread around. Youze are all right. Who the flunk cares, seasons just about over and we can play this charade next year.

Until then, i suggest you all root against the Patriots* and call it a win when they fail. Good day sirs/madams.

P.S. - Roger Goodell can rot in a pit of feces.

Tyrod and gang failed for a half a game, pretty spectacularly.

The defense failed for most of the game. Wasted talent

Special Teams cost us dearly.

Coaching could be characterized as inconsistent and hungry.

General managing did nothing but chew tobacco.

Front Office is figuring out a way to put more PCP in the Tim Hortons hot chocolate.

Ownership did nothing but grumble and count their money.

There is plenty of blame to spread around. Youze are all right. Who the flunk cares, seasons just about over and we can play this charade next year.

Until then, i suggest you all root against the Patriots* and call it a win when they fail. Good day sirs/madams.

P.S. - Roger Goodell can rot in a pit of feces.

If you have to pick one, the bulk of the blame goes to the defense, in my opinion. Being "gassed" shouldn't be an excuse unless its late in a game and you've been getting beat like a drum all day. That sequence after our last TD was inexcusable.

As for the offense, Taylor sucked in the second half, no doubt. But he got no help from his coaches/receivers. Three and outs happen. Especially when you are calling back to back wildcat plays against a stacked box. Especially when you bring in your backup QB who everyone knows will not throw the ball. Especially when you have your only good receiver, who's already playing injured, running the wrong routes or not even knowing what to do and just stopping after the ball is snapped.

They were completely disorganized in all three phases, and that begins and ends with coaching. This team is just a sloppy mess. Rex and his band of merry men need to be shown the door right after the Jets game.

Ok I hear a lot of QB blaming, and rightfully so, as well as OC and head coach blaming. (Also correct)

My point is simple your coaches KNOW what Tyrod is by now and should have an effective game plan in place to fully utilize his talents. In other words option plays, a lot more roll outs, quick hits to WR (screens) etc. a WR screen to Watson would net 4-5 yards every time with the way Oakland was crowding the box.

While I agree Tyrod deserves blame, I think your Coaches deserve more for the reason given.

As for your Defense, I blame scheme for the collapse and sadly la K of any real corner talent. (Not helped by a very bad pass rush the second half)

Edited by PatsFanNH

Ok I hear a lot of QB blaming, and rightfully so, as well as OC and head coach blaming. (Also correct)

My point is simple your coaches KNOW what Tyrod is by now and should have an effective game plan in place to fully utilize his talents. In other words option plays, a lot more roll outs, quick hits to WR (screens) etc. a WR screen to Watson would net 4-5 yards every time with the way Oakland was crowding the box.

While I agree Tyrod deserves blame, I think your Coaches deserve more for the reason given.

As for your Defense, I blame scheme for the collapse and sadly la K of any real corner talent. (Not helped by a very bad pass rush the second half)

Come on, Sherlock.

I harped on safety play all last year too. And I've been repeatedly said that we should have done more (what I'm not sure) to improve the position this past offseason.

11 guys play defense at any given point although we've certainly tried 12 a bunch of times only to cost us 5 yards.

How many of these 11 need to be first round talent before Rex's scheme can no longer be excused? I'll go with 22 in case people get hurt. :doh:

His only talent is running.

That doesn't work in the NFL, which is the main reason the Bills are a .500 team with Tyrod under center.

11 guys play defense at any given point although we've certainly tried 12 a bunch of times only to cost us 5 yards.

How many of these 11 need to be first round talent before Rex's scheme can no longer be excused? I'll go with 22 in case people get hurt. :doh:

First round? I'd settle for 7th round from our safeties, at this point.

C'mon man, new to football, really?

I admitted that the Bills QB had a hand in the loss to the Raiders and I also think the coaches and defense played their stinky parts too. It was the failure of the entire Buffalo Bills team once they lost the momentum of the game halfway through the third quarter. The offense, defense, special team along with the coaches all stunk it up.

I don't know which is more comical. The Bills fans that refuse to contain their hate for the QB or the fan that can't contain his love for Rex Ryan. :lol:

Actually the most comical thing is the excuses still being made for Tyrod.

Nope. Can't blame the defense for getting gassed and run over when TT went 3 and out and then an INT on the next in the second half. Yes, the D needs to make stops, but what is the limit or breaking point when they keep trotting back out on the field after successive 3 and outs to get run over?

they scored one TD after we scored ours and another after our three and out. So two TDs, one three and out. excuses are excuses. you're not gassed TWO SERIES INTO THE SECOND HALF.

post-19881-0-74187300-1480969600_thumb.png

Edited by quinnearlysghost88

I definitely think we need to address the QB situation as Tyrod isn't the long term franchise QB we need but y'all can't blame him for EVERYTHING.

The defense gives up another 3rd and 15.

MAJBobby: "well Tyrod should have chewed up more clock"

Carpenter misses another extra point.

MAJBobby: "well Tyrod must have been the holder on that play"

Another WR gets hurt

MAJ Bobby: "Tyrod led him into a big hit"

Team bus gets a flat on the way to the stadium

MAJBobby: "it was Tyrod's job to air up the tires"

Defense gives up a 5 play 90 yard drive right after we score

MAJBobby: "Tyrod should have kept them off the field better"

I definitely think we need to address the QB situation as Tyrod isn't the long term franchise QB we need but y'all can't blame him for EVERYTHING.

The defense gives up another 3rd and 15.

MAJBobby: "well Tyrod should have chewed up more clock"

Carpenter misses another extra point.

MAJBobby: "well Tyrod must have been the holder on that play"

Another WR gets hurt

MAJ Bobby: "Tyrod led him into a big hit"

Team bus gets a flat on the way to the stadium

MAJBobby: "it was Tyrod's job to air up the tires"

Defense gives up a 5 play 90 yard drive right after we score

MAJBobby: "Tyrod should have kept them off the field better"

The Carpenter and the Bus ones are funny.

The rest are painfully accurate.

The QB still needs to be efficient enough to sustain offense by hitting open receivers with accuracy and timing to allow them to continue drives. Tyrod Taylor simply does not do this well enough to win on a consistent basis.

Niether did Trent Dilfer, Neither did Mark Sanchez. I'd take TT in Heartbeat over those two.

This team wasn't built with a blueprint that demands elite QB play. The offense produced 24 points. That's supposed to be enough to win with the D.

I think that Tyrod Taylor is not the type of QB that will bring a team back with his arm. However, he can manage a game, is careful with the ball, and can score points. He would be a good QB for a team with a strong defense. I could see a strong case made, that the perfect team for Tyrod Taylor to thrive and be highly successful, year in year out, is Denver. From my perspective,our Defense, or lack there of, is the Bill's number one problem. I don't know if it's the lack of quality defensive players or the scheme that they play. However it's obvious they cannot stop the run or the pass.

But he had the lead with the ball in his hands to control the game. If he can't "manage" a big lead what can the defense give him?

But he had the lead with the ball in his hands to control the game. If he can't "manage" a big lead what can the defense give him?

Exactly. Let's introduce the phrase "Tyrod can manage the game" to an open window somewhere, shall we?

After yesterday, after Cincy, after Miami and Baltimore, what more evidence do you need?