ryan groy vs eric wood

nuklz2594

Wood has been one of the most overrated players on this site and by bills fans for a long time. His tough guy personality combined with his ability to be humble and joke really makes him likeable. But, he's not that good. He gets a lot of credit. For Groy being only slightly less in quality, I'd keep Groy. I'd have traded Wood pre-injury for a starting RT or Safety this off season.

Miller is not great but center and right tackle are our weakest points. We have to figure and hope we are done with Henderson. We have to figure Mills is not an option going forward. So we need an OC and RT

having wood move to different o-line spot would give us a pretty good line

he was turribull at OG

We've lost nothing in the run game with Groy in there. I agree with Boyst62 in that Wood is overrated, but he is still one of our best 5 O-lineman, when healthy. I don;t thin either Wood or Groy can plan RT, which is where we need help. Here's my ratings (1-10 scale) of the starting O-Lineman:

Mills - 3

Miller - 5

Wood - 6

Groy - 6 (limited opportunity to evaluate)

Incognito - 9

Glenn - 8

Eric is getting to that Age where you have to look at going forward.

Next year last year of his contract on his restructured deal this year.

7.5m cap hit and little over 4M dead

2018 voided

So it's time to decide to extend him or look to move on

Groy has been adequate as a backup--I counted 3 or 4 times yesterday that he got taken to school in the run game.

He's cheap to tender as a RFA, so I expect he'll be back next year as the game day interior backup.

I'd also look for Eric Wood to get a small contract extension to lower his cap hit and add 2 years to the end of his deal.

Who do you propose plays RT in this scenario?

A FA, gained by all the money the Bills will save letting TT walk.

What is nice to know is that we actually have some OL depth.....why get rid of either?

True. Until you see if Eric can come back 100%.