Report: Revis doesn't want to play anymore

YoloinOhio

@mmehtanydn

Darrelle Revis confidant tells me: "He doesnt want to play anymore."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/darrelle-revis-confidant-doesn-play-anymore-article-1.2893490?utm_content=bufferfa1fd&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=mmehta+twitter

While he can't say for certain what Revis is thinking, the Revis confidant put the cornerback's season this way: "He tanked it."

It always seemed like Revis looked as it more as a career than as a competitor. That is in no way meant to be a knock. He did win his Super Bowl. He was just a guy that was going to use this system to benefit he and his family as best as he could. He did a masterful job of it and has now set up his family for generations.

Is it that he doesn't want to play anymore and isn't playing his best, or is it his skills are eroding and he doesn't want to play at a sub-par level he is destined to be at now?

I'd bet it's coming from skills erosion...

Is it that he doesn't want to play anymore and isn't playing his best, or is it his skills are eroding and he doesn't want to play at a sub-par level he is destined to be at now?

I'd bet it's coming from skills erosion...

this article makes it sound like at least part of it is his own doing (didn't take care of his body, etc).

this article makes it sound like at least part of it is his own doing (didn't take care of his body, etc).

Yeah..some people aren't willing to do what they need to maintain their level of play...then there are those like Tom Brady who goes to extreme lengths to protect his...

Typically I view that as the people who are passionate about the game versus those who view it as a job...

Yea I'm so rich now that I don't wont to put in the work .

I think at the stage he is it, made his money, won a ring.... I'd only be interested in playing for a contender. Why do I need to be dragging my body around week after week playing for a bad team?

Would surprise me if he is still on the Jets next year. He will either get his move to a contender or he will retire.

It always seemed like Revis looked as it more as a career than as a competitor. That is in no way meant to be a knock. He did win his Super Bowl. He was just a guy that was going to use this system to benefit he and his family as best as he could. He did a masterful job of it and has now set up his family for generations.

aka Revis Island - has a double meaning when you look at it in the full context of his career.

Yeah..some people aren't willing to do what they need to maintain their level of play...then there are those like Tom Brady who goes to extreme lengths to protect his...

Typically I view that as the people who are passionate about the game versus those who view it as a job...

Revis has nothing to be ashamed about, he has had a hall of fame career. Honestly why would he want to play anymore? He has made more than enough money, has his ring, has his legacy as one of the best corners of all time. Why put your body thru that punishment. Guy like Brady are rare breeds that want to still play. He will be sorry one day to that he refused to get out of the game when the going was good. Why put your body at risk, he has nothing left to play for. He is already considered by most the GOAT. If he continues to play, my guess is he will take that one or two shots that will effect on his later life. After 17 years in the NFL for Brady it is time to get out. But my guess is he will play until he has a career/life altering injury. Some guys got to learn the hard way. 40 year old guys are not meant to play QB in the NFL.