Bills have signed Logan Thomas off Lions PS to convert to TE

YoloinOhio

EJ would need to want to make the switch. As a pending FA QB who has starting experience, I doubt he is ready to make that move yet. Thomas never even got to the point EJ did as a QB. I am sure he is looking at Pryor and thinking now or never at age 25.

Plus as Hokie said, Thomas was originally recruited a TE and Pryor was a guy who OSU tried for years to convert to WR because that was his natural position. Pryor did catch a few passes in different offensive packages at OSU. EJ has only played QB.

Tom White Verified account @tomwhite82 17m17 minutes ago

Ex-Hokie QB Logan Thomas: “My agent told me that teams in the league wanted me to make the switch" to tight end.

http://pilotonline.com/sports/college/virginia-tech/football/virginia-tech-football-blog/former-va-tech-qb-logan-thomas-head-to-bills-to/article_fc725810-e017-541b-8f69-e8f1ad0d801c.html

I think he was kidding :)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do believe that having a hybrid QB/TE could also open the offense up to more wildcat and reverses with options for the runner to throw a pass. Anyone see Chris Hogan's toss Sunday? Imagine Thomas or Manuel tossing that rock!

Edited by Dr.Sack

I am irrationally excited about this. Logan Thomas is the perfect project. He has loads of physical talent; he was once thought to be a future 1st overall pick. I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything but it is exciting nonetheless. IF (giant IF) you could ever harness Thomas' athleticism you may have found a contributor at a position of need. He is 6'6" and 260 lbs already!! He ran the fastest 40, longest broad jump and had the highest vertical of any QB in his draft class. Thomas is a great athlete.

Great move for sure. As a qb he was never scared to run right into the teeth of the defense over and over.

I always wondered why it took so long for T Pryor to make the switch to WR. Guys is Calvin Johnson 2.0.

I like this move we desperately need size And athleticism in the receiver core.

just stubbornness and determination to make it as a QB. Glad TP finally made the switch.

There was another college QB who was drafted as a QB but was told he would make a better TE. Perhaps we learned our lesson when we neglected to sign him as a TE then...this is a makeup for their past oversight.

If your referring to Tebow he refused the thought of witching.

I do believe that having a hybrid QB/TE could also open the offense up to more wildcat and reverses with options for the runner to throw a pass. Anyone see Chris Hogan's toss Sunday? Imagine Thomas or Manuel tossing that rock!

This is really fun to read:

http://blogs.ourlads.com/2016/03/02/quarterback-ball-velocity-at-nfl-combine-2008-2015/

Logan Thomas was the first QB to ever hit 60 mph at the combine - not a stat normally reported - dude can really fire it.

I think TT's arm strength is fine - he threw 50.

This is really fun to read:

http://blogs.ourlads.com/2016/03/02/quarterback-ball-velocity-at-nfl-combine-2008-2015/

Logan Thomas was the first QB to ever hit 60 mph at the combine - not a stat normally reported - dude can really fire it.

I think TT's arm strength is fine - he threw 50.

Yeah, Thomas can throw it through a brick wall (if he could hit, a brick wall).

Yeah, Thomas can throw it through a brick wall (if he could hit, a brick wall).

Or, on a trick play - TT is our actual QB after all - he can throw it way farther than an opposing DB thinks he can to someone that gets 10+ yds behind him - and run under the not so pinpoint throw ....

Glass half full, Bro.