Bills have signed Logan Thomas off Lions PS to convert to TE

YoloinOhio

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@PSchrags

Sources: Bills signing Logan Thomas off DET practice squad. Inspired by T. Pryor's move to WR, BUF sees a potential TE. @NFLonFOX @gmfb

@JoeBuscaglia

Joe Buscaglia Retweeted Peter Schrager

Quite intriguing. That gives the #Bills their third tight end on the roster. Likely takes the roster spot of the suspended Henderson

Already Reported.

@pschrags

Sources: Bills signing Logan Thomas off DET practice squad. Inspired by T. Pryor's move to WR, BUF sees a potential TE. @NFLonFOX @gmfb

Like this move.

I was wondering when they were going to pluck a TE prospect to develop off one of these PS's.

At one time this guy looked like a potential #1 overall pick as a QB but he never made the strides last couple years at VT after being converted from a HS TE to QB.

Good target cuz Detroit has TE talent so they aren't likely going to sweat losing him. Part of the strategy is knowing which guys aren't likely to get promoted to the active roster if you claim them.

I was thinking more about Rico Gathers in Dallas but Thomas is a beast of an athlete and likely to be further along.

Was going to start a thread a week ago about players who posters would like to see the Bills pluck off opposing practice squads but didn't want to fire up all the people who would see that as conceding the playoffs were out of reach.

@andybitterVT

Well, Tyrod Taylor has thrown a touchdown pass to Logan Thomas before. #Hokies

I like these kinds of moves!

Word up!

In case anyone was curious, the last time Tyrod Taylor and Logan Thomas were on the same team they went 11-3, won an ACC Championship, and lost to Andrew Luck in the Orange Bowl.

Thats awesome! Thanks for the history lesson Hokie!

Why don't we try EJ at tight end?

EJ would need to want to make the switch. As a pending FA QB who has starting experience, I doubt he is ready to make that move yet. Thomas never even got to the point EJ did as a QB. I am sure he is looking at Pryor and thinking now or never at age 25.

Plus as Hokie said, Thomas was originally recruited a TE and Pryor was a guy who OSU tried for years to convert to WR because that was his natural position. Pryor did catch a few passes in different offensive packages at OSU. EJ has only played QB.

Tom White Verified account @tomwhite82 17m17 minutes ago

Ex-Hokie QB Logan Thomas: “My agent told me that teams in the league wanted me to make the switch" to tight end.

http://pilotonline.com/sports/college/virginia-tech/football/virginia-tech-football-blog/former-va-tech-qb-logan-thomas-head-to-bills-to/article_fc725810-e017-541b-8f69-e8f1ad0d801c.html

I am irrationally excited about this. Logan Thomas is the perfect project. He has loads of physical talent; he was once thought to be a future 1st overall pick. I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything but it is exciting nonetheless. IF (giant IF) you could ever harness Thomas' athleticism you may have found a contributor at a position of need. He is 6'6" and 260 lbs already!! He ran the fastest 40, longest broad jump and had the highest vertical of any QB in his draft class. Thomas is a great athlete.

I am irrationally excited about this. Logan Thomas is the perfect project. He has loads of physical talent; he was once thought to be a future 1st overall pick. I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything but it is exciting nonetheless. IF (giant IF) you could ever harness Thomas' athleticism you may have found a contributor at a position of need. He is 6'6" and 260 lbs already!! He ran the fastest 40, longest broad jump and had the highest vertical of any QB in his draft class. Thomas is a great athlete.

Yep, he has similar traits to Pryor (but even bigger). I'm very intrigued. Like Pryor, I suspect pass catcher is more of a natural position for him than QB but he didn't want to give up playing QB until he had to.

Edited by YoloinOhio